PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Silverstone?

rcdc.2
05-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Has anyone heard of silverstone tyres?
I got them put on with my new rims from the machenic
just wanna hear some advice or comments about this tyres

cheers

Spunkymonkey
05-09-2007, 11:04 PM
we have used them before on the civic...depends on the spec...but I would say they are in the same sort of class as the stock kumhos....cheapest ok tyre...nothing special...really depends on the model of tyre though....

tank
05-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Be careful in the wet with these tyres. Dry traction is OK.

Mooro
10-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Never used them myself but I have heard that for a cheap tire they are fairly soft, giving good dry traciton but tend to wear quickly.

Spunkymonkey
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
turns out there is one of these on the back of the ek4 ....crap in the wet lol

Zilli
11-09-2007, 07:33 AM
i didnt like them personally, i went from falkens to these when i was selling my old pulsar, and they were very very dissapointing...

although in the 3 months i drove, and drove hard there was little to no wear, i dont think they are soft at all

Bludger
11-09-2007, 11:14 AM
they are very goooood

for sliding

luxobarge
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I Have a mate who uses them on his Astra Turbo and he thinks they're excellent. Will most prob be my next tyre for the euro. From what i understand the tyres are pretty cheap. Not sure what model though.

BTW, no point asking how good "Silverstones" are without mentioning the model.

Yokohamas are great tyres but their base model is still shit!

Mooro
11-09-2007, 02:17 PM
^^^^^Exactly, every manufacturer has their shit kicker range right through to their performance range. Can't really make comparisons. Need to look at how much you can afford and then make comparisons in that price range. I'm sure Silverstones top performance tyre won't be as good as the best yoko but it is probably a lot cheaper and it maybe comparable to an equivalent priced Yoko

destrukshn
11-09-2007, 02:20 PM
i've personally used the silverstone ftz sports evol VIII they're pretty good for the money.

rcdc.2
11-09-2007, 03:14 PM
i've personally used the silverstone ftz sports evol VIII they're pretty good for the money.

yes they are the ones i have

royal
03-10-2007, 03:50 AM
I've used them before, wasn't happy with it.

2 out of the set of 4, i got under went accelerated tire wear?!?!? in a short time of 8 weeks, for reason not due to my wheel alignment or style of driving. And the other 2 is still like brand new!?!?

So i took it back to the tire shop and they had them replaced for me and told me that there is a manufacturer defect in those tire etc.....

Hence, i dun have much of a good impression for that manufacturer of these tires!

That is my experience with them anyway...

Sp00ny
04-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I use silverstones and find them to provide average grip in dry driving conditions and terrible traction in the wet. Mine are only 195's though.

If your worried about the tires just do a little research before purchasing your next set. Having said that, I would recommend Toyo T1-R/Yoko S-Drive but they get up there in price. Depends also on what you want out of your tire. Life or grip. Wet or Dry..etc, you won't find a happy medium unless your willing to pay the price.