PDA

View Full Version : euro 20k service

che_ryan
06-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi guys my euro is due for its 20k, wondering what's going on on the 20k? is it just thorough inspection + oil and filter change? what about going to a non-honda service if it'll be just oil change? any opinion guys?

cheers

Rice_4_life
06-09-2007, 09:53 AM
minor service, where ever you take it you will receive oil + oil filter, depending on the place the "inspection" may or may not be carried out, in saying that good luck.

aaronng
06-09-2007, 12:51 PM
What is supposed to be done is written in your service booklet. :)

che_ryan
06-09-2007, 01:10 PM
What is supposed to be done is written in your service booklet. :)

soo let's say i go to ultratunes or whatever, they won't log it to my booklet?

Is there any place good (non-honda) in melbourne for this oil + filter change then? I'm on tight budget now :)

I found this one:

C R S Automotive
(Cnr Thompson & Mc Leod Road )
Patterson Lakes
VIC 3197
(03) 9776 1505

but for some reason they no longer in business :(

Pumped
06-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Out of curiosity how much have you been quoted for this service by Honda? :)

aaronng
06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
soo let's say i go to ultratunes or whatever, they won't log it to my booklet?

Is there any place good (non-honda) in melbourne for this oil + filter change then? I'm on tight budget now :)

I found this one:

C R S Automotive
(Cnr Thompson & Mc Leod Road )
Patterson Lakes
VIC 3197
(03) 9776 1505

but for some reason they no longer in business :(
They will write it in your booklet, but they won't do the full check unless you are paying them to do it. Supposedly people had complaints about CRS.
Anyway, you're not using a dealer because you want to save the $$? Make sure you get a quote from ultratune and compare it to a dealer's price. I use Travis Honda down at Frankston. :)

che_ryan
06-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Honda at oakleigh quote me $335....but i'll keep asking around for best quote...Thanks for the opinion guys... :thumbsup:

Pumped
06-09-2007, 02:47 PM
i got mine done for $180 here in Newcastle.
335 certainly seems a bit much!

N3M3SIS
06-09-2007, 02:54 PM
I just had mine done for $350 in Mornington
but mines a Auto, and they had to change the Auto Fluid as well
i thought it was a bit much, but the service there is relly good

che_ryan
06-09-2007, 04:42 PM
alright done with phone calls asking around some melb's servicing dealers. Turned out to be Brighton honda is the best price $200...need to double check if that price is for auto tough

EuroAccord13
06-09-2007, 06:12 PM
It also makes economic sense to find out how far the dealer is from where you are :)

xtc.thai
06-09-2007, 06:26 PM
only oil and filter and the usual underbody / bonnet checks. rotating tyres and brake checks. travis honda in frankton also change auto trans fluid every 20k which i beleive is highly recommended . dont think any other dealership does that. correct me if im wrong

tony1234
06-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I paid $236 and supplied my own oil.BTW i'm in Sydney.Ultratune:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

che_ryan
07-09-2007, 09:13 AM
well the choice is down to travis / brighton for me :) Travis seems to have bit reputation as some of our members go there. ohh with the engine oil: i planned to get 5w-40 Motul 8100 Xcess. 5 Litre bottle will be enough right?

shadou
07-09-2007, 10:30 AM
5 litres is plenty.

xtc.thai
07-09-2007, 05:25 PM
for your euro 4.2L without oil filter, and 4.6L with oil filter so yeah 5 is enough.

honda use to sell FEO in $4L per bottle but now they come in 5L

aaronx88
07-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Dear che_ryan,

Try calling Courtney and Patterson Honda. I believe they should be able to offer you a decent price. I have been servicing both my euro and Jazz there.

Also, not many dealer allows you to bring your own oil. Check with them before you go and ask how much would they deduct for bringing your own oil.

Between, the 8100 motul xcess is great for the euro!

Aaron

aaronng
07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
You must tell them you are bringing your own oil when you make the booking. You can't just rock up and expect them to use your oil.

snajper
08-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I was quoted $260 by peter warren Honda here in sydney. All the other dealers we over $300 (on top of that they usually charge $20-$30 for Env. Levy etc) . Ended up taking it to NRMA Car care centre for $175 inc everything.

jamchen
10-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Dear che_ryan,

Try calling Courtney and Patterson Honda. I believe they should be able to offer you a decent price. I have been servicing both my euro and Jazz there.

Also, not many dealer allows you to bring your own oil. Check with them before you go and ask how much would they deduct for bringing your own oil.

Between, the 8100 motul xcess is great for the euro!

Aaron

Good suggestion.. have been service 3 hondas so far at C&P.. love their waiting area where you can visually see your car been serviced..
they allow you to bring own oil as well...
Service my beloved MDX there for 3 years.. euro for 2 yrs now and a Jazz for a year...:thumbsup:

jarms
14-09-2007, 12:08 AM
hey man

if you get honda to service it, this is what they will do (copy+paste from the HondaOne site; maintenance schedule):

20,000 km or 12 months

Recommended Servicing Time: 1 hour, 12 minutes

Inspect *

* Steering gearbox, tie rod ends and boots
* Suspension components
* Drive shaft boots
* All fluid levels and condition of fluids
* Brake hoses and lines (including ABS)
* Exhaust system
* Fuel tank, lines and connections
* Tyre condition
* Front and rear brakes
* Headlight, taillight, indicator, reverse light and brakelight operation
* Rotate tyres
* Accessory drive belt
* Parking brakes
* Headlight alignment
* Test drive (check all systems and controls)

* Inspect, and if necessary adjust
* and clean. If replacement is
* required, additional costs may be
* incurred.

Replace

* Engine oil
* Engine oil filter

i'll be getting my 20k service done at honda (trivett blacktown, sydney) on saturday, and supplying my own oil too (Motul SAE-5W30) - i'll let you know how much it ends up costing

jarms
17-09-2007, 10:12 PM
it ended up costing $202.50 at trivett blacktown (own oil supplied)

LXRY
17-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Travis Honda is good I go there too....call and ask for service manager or even better Laurence who is a well respected member here at ozhonda, they'll look after you, no worries ;)

I think from memory $220 is what it cost me Honda oil though.....call and ask.

che_ryan
18-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Travis Honda is good I go there too....call and ask for service manager or even better Laurence who is a well respected member here at ozhonda, they'll look after you, no worries ;)

I think from memory $220 is what it cost me Honda oil though.....call and ask.

Yeahh, I think i might decided to go to Travis after all since one of our member here work at travis, it seems preety good deal there. thanks mate

chosen_one
11-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Just had my 20k service done at Formula Honda in Adelaide. Cost was $195 using their oil. No fuel additives or anything else added. Included a balance of the wheels too. Overall I was pretty happy and will probably go back again.

fjear
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
also just got my 20k service done at Travis Honda.. really happy about the service.. called up and was able to book in next day..

All up cost me $250 (provided my own oil) found I had a faulty clutch master cylinder so they ordered a new one and replaced the clips for my faulty headlight (hoping that will keep the moisture out)

Although didn't get the car wash?

Think I read somewhere that Travis Honda give you a free car wash after? Anyway I did notice they put a nice shine on my tyres.. weird?

aaronng
11-10-2007, 06:56 PM
The car wash thing depends on water restrictions at the time.

BTW, what was wrong with your master cylinder?

fjear
14-10-2007, 03:58 AM
when i pressed the clutch in 90% there was a clicking noise and you could feel it through your foot.. just like i've read happening to other euro owners although didnt know it was a problem with the 2005. they had a look and determined it enough of a problem to replace my master cylinder, sounds good to me =)