PDA

View Full Version : D2 Coilovers HELP! Knocking !!!

civcjai
08-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Anyways i got pretty much new d2 coiloves in my car, and one side (front Left) is knocking when going over bumps.

dont know how these things operate compared to other coilovers but anyone experience them before?

is it something that needs to be adjusted? or is it something inside the coilover? manufactuer fault?

its annoying and needs to be fixed, ive taken the coilover out and adjusted it higher and lower, swapped from left to right and it is the coilver.

all the other 3 are fine.

any ideas??

Int3gra-T
08-09-2007, 01:21 AM
ive already tried 2 cover this in my post.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72946&highlight=knocking

ive had mine in for about 1 / 2 weeks now,
and i havent had any probs.

civcjai
08-09-2007, 01:40 AM
ok thanks, anyone local in syd who is tops with coilovers? my and my mech. cant figure it out.

jdm_kid
08-09-2007, 09:10 AM
most of the knocking noise coming from coilovers are from lose bolts on suspension arms/forks and sways. also from the unit itself, the collars that hold the springs and shock body often (might) come lose after awhile, if its not tight enuf.

im paranoid wth suspension knocking, every now and then i spend lots of time going thru every single component there is tat is adjustable. most noise can be eliminated.

^ read..
ive just installed a set for a customer. no problems at all.

civcjai
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
^
my mechanic + my mate and me have taken the unit out, checked the whole setting. swapped the front right to the left and the noise stays with the coilover. so tell me that its somehting loose?

Int3gra-T
08-09-2007, 12:07 PM
warrenty?

civcjai
08-09-2007, 12:12 PM
bought off a guy off this forum 2 weeks or so ago, said can get receipt havent heared back yet, jus want to find out if its something technical which can be altered before i go through that process.

Int3gra-T
08-09-2007, 12:13 PM
take it to a suspension shop to have a look, your mechanic wont have the extra knowledge they will.

NMD
11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
have you tried winding the pre-load down? this is the pressure set by the lock nut immediatley underneath the spring. wind the nut down the thread and see if makes a difference. make sure you do it the same to all the others too. at least equal left to right.

i put some HSD HS coilovers into my civic, with my dad, and it was this that was giving us the knock. because the pre-load was too high/stiff

height adjustment is from the base which screws up/down the thread. the nut directly underneath determines the preload (like i said earlier)

if it isnt this, and it is bolts well...maybe try some loctite or thread tape? or do the bolts up tighter?!

good luck
brendan

czy_sol87
12-09-2007, 10:40 AM
i've had mine since Dec last year and not a single problem with them