PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned my TB and Intake Manifold

beeza
08-09-2007, 04:19 PM
:wave: just dropping a line....
Pulled my Throttle Body apart and cleaned the S**t out of it with 'Carby Cleaner.Throttle Position Sensor (TPS),Intake Air Control Valve (IACV) and the other one :confused:.Then sprayed a bit in the Intake Manifold.Put it all together,started it up,revved it for 30 seconds to feed the Carby cleaner through and Damn she runs a lot smoother now,I'm Lovin' it :D
I'm sure it's the first time it's been done on my 96 EK Civic (86,000 kms)
Highly Recommend it,a must do,not hard at all :thumbsup:

Jarkz
08-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Good stuff mate a little TLC never goes astray... Geez your car has low K's for a 96!

beeza
08-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Haha Thanks Jarkz!
I got lucky,one older (50's) lady owner :)

AsH_
08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
just wondering when you take the intake manifold off, wat about all the plugs on it ? is it easy to just disconnect them ??

wat about the gasket? need to change at all???

i need to clean out my TB, IM...
and get maybe another IACV and FITV... all rusted up...

beeza
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Yes,easy as.Just unplug/unscrew and plug/screw back together.
I didn't change my TB gasket,I'm sure you won't need to do that but I changed my Intake Manifold Gasket to a Hondata style one I bought off Yonas.The only tricky thing about that was that it still was the original gasket and it was stuck on real good.I had to use a mini style buffing tool to buff that sucker off.It took 1 1/2 hrs and came off in little pieces.
If you don't have that problem it will be easy as.

AsH_
09-09-2007, 02:25 AM
what about the Throttle cable???

preludacris
09-09-2007, 03:51 AM
yeah u take the cable off. its not the IM that ur takn off tho, just the throttle body section

its not really necessary even to do that. u just do it while its on the car. just take off ur intake pipe.

the first time i did this to mine the diff was amazing. I'm sure it had never been done by the past owner, but i think alot of the dirt came from when i changed intakes, as more dust gets thru the pod filter than the stock air box.

this is pretty much a must for anybody running pod filters. Just do it with your oil changes.

beeza
09-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah exactly just unhook and hook back up your throttle cable.
Oops,I didn't make that clear,like preludacris said it's not the Intake manifold just the throttle body...if you take the TB off you can clean it up better though and then spray carby cleaner in the Intake manifold.Again it really is easy.