PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror - keeps on vibrating

pxrnm
08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I bought both my rear view mirror & camera from E-bay and it's fair to say that they work perfectly fine :thumbsup:

however since the mirror is clipped to the original mirror when the ignition is on the mirror keeps on vibrating, and much worse if on coarse type of road.

Any suggestion to dampen the this vibration issue? :confused:

euro77
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
add some rubber to the holder so it dampens the vibration.

pxrnm
09-09-2007, 02:30 PM
add some rubber to the holder so it dampens the vibration.

Which holder? the clip? i'm a bit confused here :confused:

kam
09-09-2007, 09:18 PM
how much did that device set you back

also, i think he means kind of like add some insulation, eg: some material inbetween original mirror and your aftermarket one

bluetack perhaps ?

euro77
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM
i'm thinking on the clip, the clip that squeeze your original mirror. if that doesn't solve the vibration, than add rubber between the original mirror with the back of the new mirror

tron07
10-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Agree with euro77... Since the mirror is clip on to the original mirror, attach a piece of rubber or sponge between the clip and the original mirror to soak up or damp the vibration

pxrnm
12-09-2007, 10:15 AM
good idea guys - thanks for the suggestion, i'll try them this week...:thumbsup: (been busy lately) - this rubber thingy, are they available at any shops? bunnings? what are they look like?

kam: it cost me about $167 for the camera and the mirror + postage. installation set me back another $150 (option audio garage - Clayton south) - but the work was clean, so I'm pretty happy.

It's the vibration that crank me up, the guy who install it couldn't give any suggestion which is :thumbdwn: oh well I have you guys :D

tron07
12-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Just source some black sponge or rubber.
I prefer to use insuflex/insulflex, as they are fire resistance, but couldnt find any place that sells em here.

http://www.wpc.com.my/diy/images/diy_sp03.jpg

pxrnm
12-09-2007, 02:24 PM
but couldnt find any place that sells em here.

ouch...:( hoo well i'll try some sort of rubbery thingy to apply on the clip *sigh*

i'll take pics when i've done it this week.

Btw anyone who has this issue before and has tried the solution above or has used other methods, please post suggestion and pics thanks!

mugen88
12-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Just use Blu tack it will hold and is mouldable to fit.