View Full Version : Amp Repairs

danny_mart
08-09-2007, 09:49 PM
hey does any one know of any one repairing amps in sydney area.
got 2500 rms soundstream amp and its past its warranty plus it is such a b**** to send away for them to fix. my amp is drawing current while its still off so obvisouly ending up with a flat battery.

m0nk3y
08-09-2007, 10:12 PM
have you found out how much it would cost to fix? i think buying a new amp would be a more cost effective option

danny_mart
09-09-2007, 09:42 AM
my amp was 2g as its the top of the line soundstream trantuala...
so thought that it would prob be cheaper to get fixed plus it such an awesome amp...

m0nk3y
09-09-2007, 12:11 PM
fair enough

just remember for the price of a repair, you could get a decent amp for the same price/close in performance to the soundstream

krogoth
09-09-2007, 03:18 PM
hey does any one know of any one repairing amps in sydney area.
got 2500 rms soundstream amp and its past its warranty plus it is such a b**** to send away for them to fix. my amp is drawing current while its still off so obvisouly ending up with a flat battery.

still drawing current wen off?

hmm

this might not be a major problem, but im not even going to guess wat is causing this issue

it cood be tiny, it cood be big, just go back to the place u got it from and get them to have a look at it, give u a rough indication of how much it will cost to fix and wat is rong

and on another note, if u paid so much for ur amp, dont be giving it off to just any1 to fix, IMO, send it back to the manufacturers and get them to fix it, at least then itll be a decent job

of course find out roughly wats rong b4 u just send it off, so they dont try and rip u off

aka_NSX
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
is your Soundstream Tarantula the monoblock one or the multi channel one ? as far as I know since soundstream built the multi channel Tarantula Amp is no longer made in USA, the Amp model start with TR xxx/x
so if you can fix it at reasonable price its fine otherwise its not worth it but if the monoblock one its worth fixing it

danny_mart
09-09-2007, 10:13 PM
its mono block....

tron07
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Could it be your remote cable problem? the relay is faulty causing the amp not to turn off?

IZY-10
10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
if it is still working and just not switching off it will not cost much to fix. It sounds as if a pnp transistor is blown. What it does is sample the remote and samples the power voltage and when they are equal in voltage the power will begin to flow through the collector. To me this seems to be the problem if your amp does not switch off. Good luck with it anyway

danny_mart
10-09-2007, 04:26 PM
well i put a kill swtich in the remote cable to see if it would stop drawing current so it wasnt the remote cable...
so i asked the guy at motorquipe who said the amp most prob has a fault as it is drawing current while it is still off...and my amp is out of warranty....
so he said try and find some one who can fix it because soundstream is such a hassle to deal with....if not get back to him...