PDA

View Full Version : What do i need if i want camber??

KruZzN
08-09-2007, 10:19 PM
What do i need if i want camber on my CK1?

I was going to lower my car today, but my rims are too wide (they poke out an inch lol). Well yeah.. I can machined them to fit but alot of people suggesting i should just slam it and put camber on the rims, I'm not in the know how of suspension (pretty noob) and yeah.

Whats involved in the process?
How much for average cost (just an estimate will do)?
What do i need in order to do it? How much does decent camber kits range from?
Can it be done?

I got Dolce DC-12's 20x8.5 inch (1 inch too wide)

Just posting this while i go around to local shops asking aswell so i can get much more answers :)

Thanks yo!
p.s sorry if there was another thread like this.. i searched but didnt find exactly what i was after =\

Eclipsor
08-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Generally people are after positive camber from a kit to bring it back to within specs, so from what I've seen the kits usually adjust more this way. The most negative you can get from a kit that I've seen is about 1.5 degree. Not sure what sort of range there is for your accord. Chances are Ingalls or SPC will make either a ball joint or anchor bolt kit that will fit.

Usually lowering the car will give you negative camber anyway. So you'd probably have to do it to really see how much further you'll need to go with a kit.

Cost estimate. Shipping either of those brands I mentioned usually costs around $200aud from the USA. Installation might cost a couple of hours of labour, plus an alignment.

SeverAMV
09-09-2007, 04:19 PM
well if your car uses independent suspension, usually lowering it will give you about 2-3 degrees of camber. if thats not enough for you, look for camber arms by whiteline, or skunk, or another company. should be relatively cheap.

KruZzN
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
yeah dont worry about this thread anymore lol, i got new rims!

thanks guys