PDA

View Full Version : water hose and oil sensor adapters

gelo
08-09-2007, 11:33 PM
hey guys. just a quick question. im ready to install my defi bf gauges and are just looking at which sensor adapters to use. im unsure as to what is the right size as its like impossible to find any info on this. the only products i know are the buddy club water hose adatpers and the trust oil sensor adapter kits. but when i checked out the trust website, theres no application for hondas... i know some of you guys have defi's in your car so it would be great if u can share what you know. thanks

arron
09-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Hey gelo,

Most of the hose adaptors and oil sensor sandwich plates are universal. They should all come with 1/8 thread sizes and this is perfect for the defi sensors. The radiator hose size is rather universal and the sandwich plates are all wide enough to cover the area of the oil filters. The rubber rings should provide a good seal anyway.

I just recently installed my defi setup using rather generic 'made in taiwan' adaptors and have no problems what-so-ever..

The hardest part of a gauge install was fitting the water hose adaptor. The whole job took around 10 hours (with breaks and dinner) but fitting the hose adaptor into the hose itself took 4 hours.. Haha..

Hope everything goes well!