PDA

View Full Version : help! how to smoke tail lights

ig3o
09-09-2007, 11:54 AM
can someone tell me what i need and wat 2 do, for smoking tail lights?

=) thanks

Spunkymonkey
09-09-2007, 12:22 PM
you mean as in tinting them?

CTR Coupe
09-09-2007, 01:32 PM
I think the paint is called VHT NiteShade. auto stores should have it. as for how you apply it im not sure probally best to open up your tail lights (using the similar technique to opening headlights) and spray them on the inside.
I'm not 100% sure, I Personally have never done it.

I would also investigate the price of a set of tail lights from the wreckers and treat them rather than your originals. If you get defected you will need to get new tail lights or remove the paint in some way. best to have a spare set on hand.

blahZ
09-09-2007, 02:06 PM
yeah tint spray
spray one coat at a time until u think its dark enough

gheybo
09-09-2007, 11:21 PM
well there is a lot of labor involve in DIY smoking you tail light. The first step is to remove the taillight from the car and remove all the bulbs and place them in a safe place.

The hardest part i think is removing the casing by removing the silicone as you would need a heat gun to melt the silicone. When doing this you would have to be cautious as if you rush it, you could crack your casing.

After the casing is removed, use the VHT NiteShade to spray inside of the casing and this could be purchase at Autobarn or Supercheap Auto.

Allow the VHT NiteShade to dry as if you rush it, it may condense inside. Aplply silicone and hold tight and allow to dry again. Finally replace tail light back to its original spot.

honda_zivic
09-09-2007, 11:53 PM
make sure u clean it 1st, b4 applyin paint, if u paint it an its still looks shit try some clear coats it will make it look glossy.

kyobibi
10-09-2007, 07:37 AM
It's a good idea to go the extra mile and open up the casing, by doing so, you'll be able to keep the glossy finish that your tail light has.

You could just spray the outside but you'll end up with a matt finish (none glossy).

blk_shadow
10-09-2007, 07:49 AM
whatever you do, make sure you clean it up with grease and dust remover first. otherwise, all the bloches will appear after the spray.

I did it on the outside. it is matt finish. but it doesn't effect the reflector, which is a good thing.

ig3o
10-09-2007, 11:55 PM
thanks heaps guys =)