PDA

View Full Version : Euro 40 K service

CL9-K24A3
11-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Just wanna share with you guys. i just serviced (major) my car today at Courtney & Patterson (Heidelberg). i got my own engine oil, i got aftermarket brake pads, and i have aftermarket air intake as well.they charged me for $292.20 + dropped me with their company car to the train station for free :p. they done a good joob as well.now,i feel my car like brand new. For this situation, John Blair asked for $550, then Garry Warren,the one near Chadstone, asked for $495.hope dis info can save a lot of your $$$!!:D

Min988
11-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Mine was $320 (no replacement air filter, own oil, auto transmission replaced) at Highway honda springwood

shadou
11-09-2007, 10:08 PM
did you inform those other places that you were taking your own oil + brake pads and that you had an after market air filter fitted? cos those prices seem a bit high if you were bringing in your own parts.
And most dealers drop you to a train station for free anyway, mine did but in your own car haha

Entity
12-09-2007, 12:29 AM
omg.. most dealers quoted me 450+.. i booked one in and when i rocked up they were charging me $650 for my 40k service and i have an aftermarket filter... ridiculous so i just walked out.

anyone know a dealer in sydney doing the 40k service for around $300 instead?

CL9-K24A3
12-09-2007, 12:32 AM
yes,i informed them and they said this is the price if you already bring your own engine oil and other stuffs.its a lot different of $$$.

did you inform those other places that you were taking your own oil + brake pads and that you had an after market air filter fitted? cos those prices seem a bit high if you were bringing in your own parts.
And most dealers drop you to a train station for free anyway, mine did but in your own car haha

CL9-K24A3
12-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Better to ask around 1st before you service your car.$650??:eek:dats no way so expensive.in my place if you just service your car without bring your own engine oil and your own stuffs, they charged me for $375. (Thx to Atjo who told me about this place):D

omg.. most dealers quoted me 450+.. i booked one in and when i rocked up they were charging me $650 for my 40k service and i have an aftermarket filter... ridiculous so i just walked out.

anyone know a dealer in sydney doing the 40k service for around $300 instead?

panda[cRx]
12-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Just wanna share with you guys. i just serviced (major) my car today at Courtney & Patterson (Heidelberg). i got my own engine oil, i got aftermarket brake pads, and i have aftermarket air intake as well.they charged me for $292.20 + dropped me with their company car to the train station for free :p. they done a good joob as well.now,i feel my car like brand new. For this situation, John Blair asked for $550, then Garry Warren,the one near Chadstone, asked for $495.hope dis info can save a lot of your $$$!!:D

i hate to burst your bubble but that should be a pretty standard price if they aren't supplying any parts (except oil filter and sump plug washer by the looks of it)

tony1234
12-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Anyone in Sydney know which dealer/dealers charge a reasonable price for a 40k service?

Atjo
12-09-2007, 09:55 AM
I told you :)

mr747
12-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Anyone in Sydney know which dealer/dealers charge a reasonable price for a 40k service?tony i have to do a 50k service know any good places???

tanalasta
12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Is it standard practice for them to replace the brake pads at 40k service?

I'm just wondering whether I should pre-empt and purchase some aftermarket pads (thinking Endless - though happy to receive recommendations of retailers / brake pads).

I'm 7k from my 40k service and already had to change the tyres.

aaronng
12-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Is it standard practice for them to replace the brake pads at 40k service?

I'm just wondering whether I should pre-empt and purchase some aftermarket pads (thinking Endless - though happy to receive recommendations of retailers / brake pads).

I'm 7k from my 40k service and already had to change the tyres.

No, they don't change the pads unless worn down (even so, they have to tell you that your pads need replacement and to get your permission first).

I have aftermarket pads and they didn't change them at my 40 and 50k service.

tony1234
13-09-2007, 08:43 AM
tony i have to do a 50k service know any good places???
Collins Honda Rockdale.:thumbsup:Good guys,good service at reasonable price.talk to Michael or Robert.just google for ph.no.

mr747
13-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Collins Honda Rockdale.:thumbsup:Good guys,good service at reasonable price.talk to Michael or Robert.just google for ph.no.
tks tony just booked in :thumbsup:

insanesam
16-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Got quoted 470$ for a 40000km service on my euro 6mt from a honda dealer. If i want transmission and brake fluid change aswell it be 650$. Are these prices reasonable?

sodaz
17-11-2007, 07:45 AM
I just had my 40k service done at Rick Damelian this week. Supplying my own engine oil, they charged me $260 only and I hired a brand new Jazz for the day for $45. I've got an aftermarket intake too btw. They also gave me a free coffee when I picked up my car. And as usual, they cleaned my car for free.

yfin
17-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I just had my 40k service done at Rick Damelian this week. Supplying my own engine oil, they charged me $260 only and I hired a brand new Jazz for the day for $45. I've got an aftermarket intake too btw. They also gave me a free coffee when I picked up my car. And as usual, they cleaned my car for free.

I think the panel intake is changed at 40k so you saved some money there with an aftermarket. Did they do the valve adjustment? Still a good price.

Adagio
17-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I had my 40,000 service the other day at a cost of $228 which I felt was fair and reasoonable as we dont have to pay the high rents the city dealers are lumbered with. I supplied my own oil. It seems my tyres are 70% worn,they are original Bridgestones. They lent me a new Jazz with the 7 speed box, what a great little car. There were no issues with the service:)

sodaz
17-11-2007, 09:53 AM
I think the panel intake is changed at 40k so you saved some money there with an aftermarket. Did they do the valve adjustment? Still a good price.

Yep it's definitely a bit cheaper without the filter change. The valve adjustment was done according to the receipt.

insanesam
17-11-2007, 10:47 PM

Called them yesterday and quoted me 445$ for 40k service on my euro 6mt.

So assuming i bring my own oil, that saves me about 30$. So does this mean that this panel intake thing is (445-30-260 = $155)?

sodaz
17-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Called them yesterday and quoted me 445$ for 40k service on my euro 6mt.

So assuming i bring my own oil, that saves me about 30$. So does this mean that this panel intake thing is (445-30-260 = $155)?

That price is way too high. They used my engine oil and my air filter wasn't replaced (aftermarket intake) but that was it. Maybe you should double check the price with them?

insanesam
17-11-2007, 11:33 PM
well i've called a few dealers, got quoted 445, 470 and 490

tanalasta
18-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Insaneam - is that including the transmission fluid change if you have an auto?

tony1234
18-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Such a variation in price???$228-$490.:confused:

insanesam
18-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Insaneam - is that including the transmission fluid change if you have an auto?

Transmission fluid change was an additional 120$ for my 6MT.

Such a variation in price???$228-$490.:confused:

Yeah i know its ridiculous. I'm confused on where to go because of the big discrepency. But i need to goto honda dealer to make some warranty claims.

tony1234
18-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Transmission fluid change was an additional 120$ for my 6MT.

Yeah i know its ridiculous. I'm confused on where to go because of the big discrepency. But i need to goto honda dealer to make some warranty claims.
Are you in Sydney?Try Collins Honda Rockdale.

insanesam
18-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Are you in Sydney?Try Collins Honda Rockdale.

yeah in syd. i called them, was 490

yfin
18-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Check out this thread as well

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58918&highlight=service+perth

I paid $277 for 40k service but no oil and no panel filter. I can't remember how much the panel filter is - maybe $50?). Make sure they are checking valve clearance at 40k.

insanesam
18-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Check out this thread as well

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58918&highlight=service+perth

I paid $277 for 40k service but no oil and no panel filter. I can't remember how much the panel filter is - maybe $50?). Make sure they are checking valve clearance at 40k.

yeah the prices in that thread are about right based on my quotes, so about the 470-500 mark. I'm just puzzled when i see other members saying that their 40k service was significantly less, about the 250 mark. Even more puzzling is that their price is from the same dealer i called.

commonman00
19-11-2007, 10:59 AM
I had my 40k service last week. I called 5 dealers in Melb and all quotes were between $495 and $510. Three dealers the same price $505. In the end I just brought my car to the dealer closest to work and they provided dropoff and pickup from my work. I supplied my own oil and the final price paid was $463. Other parts used (according to the receipt) are engine oil filter, air filter, valve cover gasket, all up $100.

It's really difficult to figure out if that is fair or not and what should be included in the service. They could be quoting the same price but is it possible that there are variations in the labour and parts used? The booklet shows some pretty generic steps, so I am wondering if there are really variations in the labour and parts. When I brought my car in, the asked if I wanted the "air cond filter changed/cleaned and condensation cleaned up" for $85. If this is a regular maintenance, shouldn't they include it as part of the regular service? What are they going to do next? Charge $50 for checking and adjusting lights? I am just a bit cross that there is always additional stuff that you have to pay when you bring your car in for service.

yfin
19-11-2007, 06:22 PM
The service must include what is in the Honda manual. So the service items should be fairly similar amongst dealers. At 40k it includes valve clearance check which involves additional labour hence the additional cost.You should ask them about any "extras" not included in the manual

All other extras are something you need to think about - not all of them are worth paying for. At my 40k service i was offered an oil flush and fuel treatment for $58 and made to feel like a tight ass when I said 'no'.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33739&highlight=flush

Did you ring the dealer in Heidelberg (see post 1?) Even if we say the air filter is $50 your service was about $120 more than the person in post 1 so it does sound high.

petsfact
19-11-2007, 09:16 PM
i see air filter comes up a few times in this topic, it's 80 for the part from gws.

insanesam
21-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Called Hanny's for a quote for 40k service. Price was 200 which includes oil, oil filter and air filter. Is it just me or is this ridiculously cheap (it actually worries me). Also do these guys do the valve clearence check/adjustment as per the log book. Finally does anyone know what oil they use and whether they use genuine honda parts eg oil filter and air filter. Thanks.

aaronng
21-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Called Hanny's for a quote for 40k service. Price was 200 which includes oil, oil filter and air filter. Is it just me or is this ridiculously cheap (it actually worries me). Also do these guys do the valve clearence check/adjustment as per the log book. Finally does anyone know what oil they use and whether they use genuine honda parts eg oil filter and air filter. Thanks.

You should have asked them if they included the valve clearance check in that price. We can't read their minds for you.

insanesam
21-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Yes i should have but they were really eager to get off the phone (assuming they are real busy). Just thought others who've been there can shed some light

tony1234
22-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Called Hanny's for a quote for 40k service. Price was 200 which includes oil, oil filter and air filter. Is it just me or is this ridiculously cheap (it actually worries me). Also do these guys do the valve clearance check/adjustment as per the log book. Finally does anyone know what oil they use and whether they use genuine honda parts eg oil filter and air filter. Thanks.
Yeah,should have asked them re:valve clearance.At that price i don't think it would.Just ring them back and ask if they use genuine parts,again i think they do.Re:engine oil just bring your own.

aaronng
22-11-2007, 10:01 AM
i see air filter comes up a few times in this topic, it's 80 for the part from gws.

That's the pollen filter. The engine air filter only costs $45-50.

aaronx88
23-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Hi,

I must say the dealer in Heidelberg does a great job always. By the way, which service consultant did you go to?

For those cars with low kms, you can delay the 40k service by doing a interim service since I read from the forum that it will be useless to do valve clearance if the car has not travel that many kms.

Aaron