PDA

View Full Version : Wavy Doors!!!!

Benson
11-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey guys,

Is it possible for a panel beater to fix a wavy door? i've been told by my panel beater he cant fix it which i think is complete bulshit. He blames the intrusion bars and the glue behind the door

Whoever has some experience or some knowledge in car body and paint, please reply in thread.

sikisdr69
11-09-2007, 10:23 PM
you got picture, trust me anything can be fixed, my uncle might be able to sought you out but i dunno how much it will cost

destrukshn
11-09-2007, 10:49 PM
the amount of time and effort, it will take to fix ripples through the door your better of getting a door skin.
work out cheaper in labout, and you don't get a whole lot of bog in your door.

fatboyz39
11-09-2007, 11:04 PM
the amount of time and effort, it will take to fix ripples through the door your better of getting a door skin.
work out cheaper in labout, and you don't get a whole lot of bog in your door.

how much are they? Can they be bought new? So your saying it can fixed?

zco
11-09-2007, 11:06 PM
he meant buy a new door skin from the wreckers.. ie: entire door minus the internals. door skin usually goes for 120bux or so. you might be able to get it cheaper ;)

pics would help ..

dudeling7
11-09-2007, 11:08 PM
yeh i would like to know also. my drivers side door has waves from other people opening their doors onto mine its annoying for me because i always notice it.

ucme
11-09-2007, 11:51 PM
if its bad re-skin it. if its minor get it bogged up, smoothened and painted. everything is fixable

wp89
12-09-2007, 12:10 AM
yeh i would like to know also. my drivers side door has waves from other people opening their doors onto mine its annoying for me because i always notice it.

yes... that give me the sh!ts..

DLO01
12-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Depends on how bad the damage is.

It may be cheaper/easier to get another door and paint it.

A shop will sway toward getting a replacement part and paint it, quicker/easier for them. More effiecent $ wise for them.

JasonGilholme
12-09-2007, 07:44 AM
it will probably work out better for you as well cause you don't have to rely on the abilities of someone else to get the smooth look your after.

Whereas if you get a new door you know its the right shape and all it needs is paint :thumbsup:

destrukshn
12-09-2007, 08:48 AM
he meant buy a new door skin from the wreckers.. ie: entire door minus the internals. door skin usually goes for 120bux or so. you might be able to get it cheaper ;)

pics would help ..
that's still a shell.
a SKIN, is just the thin outer panel dude, they unpick, cut it off the shell, and re-weld, a new one, using your original shell.
yes they can be bought new.
depending how bad the ripple is through the door.

e240
12-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey guys,

Is it possible for a panel beater to fix a wavy door? i've been told by my panel beater he cant fix it which i think is complete bulshit. He blames the intrusion bars and the glue behind the door

Whoever has some experience or some knowledge in car body and paint, please reply in thread.

Carbon Fibre doors!!! :wave:

nick
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
the intrusion bars on honda doors are the reason and no matter how many times you fix it or replace it unless it is done properly it will always come back. A panel beater i know has told me he can fix it by customising the intrusion bar and doing a few mods to the inside
its fixable but probably pricy