PDA

View Full Version : Car idles but doesnt like to rev

TRB03
12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey All that have helped me with the other probs. I now have the car running. Got the new 901 bosche pump and new afpr. It is flowing between 35-40 psi depending on where the throttle is. The only prob atm is when you slowly increase the revs or even stab the accel fast it sounds like it will die and also sounds like it is sucking heaps of air but the sound is very deep and hollow. but if you stab the accel about 3 times to the floor then rev it, it revs good and then you can rev it down slowly till idle (which is a little rough atm cause i still dont have the air bypass valve on yet). Its like it is getting too much fuel and ya have to clean it out by revving it first. and also some revs it sounds like it is hunting. Any thoughts.... Cheers

FastFwd
12-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I had exactly that problem when i did my rebuild...but i just found that the fuel pressure was to low so i adjusted it and worked fine....also know that stale fuel does the same thing.

probably not the issue but theres some thought.

ECU-MAN
12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
monitor your O2 sensor, what does it do then this happens. does it lean out ??

TRB03
13-09-2007, 09:47 AM
monitor your O2 sensor, what does it do then this happens. does it lean out ??

How do i do this on a std ecu. i am going to check some error codes today so will post which ones come up.

bennjamin
13-09-2007, 10:28 AM
issue with TPS ?

ECU-MAN
13-09-2007, 11:46 AM
this thread describes how to monitor the O2 signal

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69868

TRB03
13-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Well didnt get round to getting codes out but i did turn up the fpr and it semmed to fix the prob slightly. it now slowly revs up but gets to about say 2500rpm(dont have a tacho) it hunts and then squeeze the accell a little more it starts to die and then picks up revs and is fine. So id say either the tps or O2 sensor might be at fault. When i had my microtech on it for a while it was running very rich so maybe the O2 sensor could be full of crap - just a thought.

ECU-MAN
13-09-2007, 09:17 PM
o2 shouldnt cause such a flat spot,

sounds like it leaning out

TRB03
14-09-2007, 09:09 AM
o2 shouldnt cause such a flat spot,

sounds like it leaning out

True true, If it is leaning out how would i stop it. Ihave turned th efpr up to 45psi which as i said has fixed the prob a little. Maybe blocked inj from sitting around for so long. I do have a set of turbo wrx inj would they fit. Or would they not change/fix the problem

FastFwd
14-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I had this mechanic that i asked to put a larger fuel pump on once (a long time ago)....started driving home and it would feel like that. Like if u put your foot down to much it would stall. soo i could only drive the car with my foot on the eccelerator lightly.

I found out he put a VL turbo fuel pump on it which was adequate but for some odd reason it wouldnt work. he put bigger fuel lines, fuel pressure reg, serg tang and cleaned out the injectors and it still didnt work. In the end i asked him to put the stock back in (apparently has something to do with Internal and external Fuel pumps). I now have bought a Bosch 550hp+ fuel pump but i havent put it in because last time i had my car off the road for 2 weeks trying to figure the thing out.

TRB03
14-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah. sounds like this could be fun.....Lol. Since my setup before was a carb i only have the external pump on it. Im going to check the injectors and stuff and might run new lines to the rail aswell. I have just had nthin but troubles with this car.

FastFwd
14-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Dude...my car was originally carb also....

Dude thats the problem...i had that also when doin the conversion. U need the Tank and Internal pump that the new engine comes with. has something to do with the pressure in the pump pushing the fuel. PM me if u need more help.

TRB03
14-09-2007, 06:15 PM
I put in some wrx turbo inj and the problem is fixed bar for the fact that now it is recieving too much fuel(blowing black smoke) it still hunts just off idle but it doesnt go to die. it drives now unlike before i had to keep the revs up. I think my other inj mite be dirty. I cant see why the internal pump would have much to do with it since it holds 40psi in the rail all the time. The internal is usually for the fact that it stops the picking up of air to the external. Same as in a VL. But hondas mite be different i dont know.