PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Comparison

xntrik
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I've done a search and it didnt explain too well, So I wanna ask a few questions.

Whats better for DOHC Vtec (or More Specifically, DC2-R B18C7)

Caltex Vortex
BP Ultimate
Shell VPower

AND ALSO:
Usually I would pour BP Ultimate, but today i was desperate for petrol and poured Caltex Vortex, my brother said its bad to mix petrol. (Well obviously)

But would there be any major problems with it? (I poured Vortex when the car was completely on empty)

Thanks in advance.

SXC-84K
12-09-2007, 08:24 PM
i used vortex in my EH.. was alrite didnt really feel much diff between that and V Power but switching to VPower next car.. V could stand for vtec etc.. lmao.. Vtec Power? =] ahaha ly bro u stalled it 3 times today NOOOB!

xntrik
12-09-2007, 08:35 PM
LMFAO.

Couldnt feel my friction point = fail.

Anyone else on the ptrol thing?

bennjamin
12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
moved to the noob section

With any type of petrol - try 2-3 full tanks of normal driving and you will "reach" its optimum performance. The ECU trims automatically to a fuel type over time.

I have the same engine as you (c7) and i find overall Vortex 98 responds best. It gives me the best economy too.

IEVAQ8
12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
stick with either bp or mobile 8000
the best fuels...but then again everyone has there own views on this.........
i personally love bp ultimate, i used to use mobile 8000, but since a new bp opened near my place, its closer and the new pumps, well they are new.

xntrik
12-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks alot guys. (:
And thanks for the move, I thought it was already in noob section. :/

traumatized
12-09-2007, 09:37 PM
with my current car (accord euro) i have tried bp ultimate, mobil synenergy 8000 and also shell v power, i have not notice any difference out of the three, however on caltex vortex 98 i did notice my cars response wasn't as great.

on my dc2 i had all four felt the same so it really does depend on your engine.

give each a try just remember that it will take 2 to 3 tanks before you know how the car feels with that particular fuel. that way you will know which fuel feels best in your car.

gheybo
12-09-2007, 10:00 PM
hey mate, this has already been discussed

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12837

check here for more details

i use Shell V-Power for my dc2-r, but i'm going to try BP next tank to try the difference

Jamezy
13-09-2007, 12:31 AM
i have always poured BP ultimate 98 in my DC2R and have neva looked back good stuff ..