PDA

View Full Version : Lowering VTiR

Angie
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey people,

I want to lower my integra to look like this

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/TUF555/jolly4.jpg

Looking at tein SS but aparently they may not lower that far. What do peopl use to get there car looking like that without dodgy cutting springs etc lol

I would really want a set of coilovers, can anyone confirm how low SS go?

Cheers

Spunkymonkey
12-09-2007, 09:01 PM
my car was that low with my cusco zero 2's at the lowest setting...

very undriveable lol

Angie
12-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Well maybe not that low but close to

Spunkymonkey
12-09-2007, 09:52 PM
if you don't want coilovers you should get some super low springs...I also heard the hsd and d2 coilovers are pretty low...

SHIFTY
12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
IMO dont go for cheap coilovers (D2's ect) Coilovers are expensive for a reason, because they are 'meant' to be a good high quality product...

get some teins or N+ or somen...

but if u do lower ur car on springs, make sure u upgrade ur shocks 2 as they will not last long especially with stiff low springs like in that pic...

BTW: my car is 235mm high like a finger gap between the tyres... (from front guard 2 ground) and it is a bit of a pain 2 drive that low and even more with the 12 - 8 coilovers :( awesome on the track though.. (thats on buddy club race spec btw) So keep in mind that lowering ur car and getting stiff coilovers ect can compromise ur ride and comfort dramaticly.. and having stiff springs doesn't necessarily mean better handling, as on the streets u just bump through corners.. Lol

nvmee
12-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Hey people,

I want to lower my integra to look like this

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/TUF555/jolly4.jpg

Looking at tein SS but aparently they may not lower that far. What do peopl use to get there car looking like that without dodgy cutting springs etc lol

I would really want a set of coilovers, can anyone confirm how low SS go?

Cheers

THAT IS ONE SEXY MOTHERFCUKER !!!! shame its such a shit colour

z3lda
13-09-2007, 12:00 AM
IMO dont go for cheap coilovers (D2's ect) Coilovers are expensive for a reason, because they are 'meant' to be a good high quality product...

get some teins or N+ or somen...

but if u do lower ur car on springs, make sure u upgrade ur shocks 2 as they will not last long especially with stiff low springs like in that pic...

BTW: my car is 35cm high like a finger gap between the tyres... (from front guard 2 ground) and it is a bit of a pain 2 drive that low and even more with the 12 - 8 coilovers :( awesome on the track though.. (thats on buddy club race spec btw) So keep in mind that lowering ur car and getting stiff coilovers ect can compromise ur ride and comfort dramaticly.. and having stiff springs doesn't necessarily mean better handling, as on the streets u just bump through corners.. Lol

your not gona track your teg. your suspension wont cop a beating.

d2's will be suffice for looks.

THAT IS ONE SEXY MOTHERFCUKER !!!! shame its such a shit colour

you mean, shame its got fugly-gusting rims

[stealth]
13-09-2007, 01:08 AM
tein ss will definetely NOT let u achieve such height...

SHIFTY
13-09-2007, 09:03 PM
your not gona track your teg. your suspension wont cop a beating.

Are u talking 2 me or thread started ?

Angie
15-09-2007, 06:21 PM
So does anyone have any pics of thier teg with tein ss's in it? I am pretty sure i want them though coz this car will be tracked next year.

DUST
16-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Spend 2k for ur coilovers and dump it. Buddy club, Tein or Cusco. All adjustable to go real low and adjustable on hard or soft settings.

My cousin and I spent 6 hrs yesterday putting on my apexi n1 dampers on, was good fun, and the car is freakin low now. It handles like a real race car now, zooom zooom, my car loves roundabouts now.

martin
16-09-2007, 05:01 PM
if ur not going to be tracking ur car and just want the comfort of adjustable coilovers id get something abit cheaper eg: hsd, d2, g4 or isc.. if u were to track choose a good set of coilovers eg: tein flex, buddyclub N+, cusco zero 2's.. get it right the first time you'll end up thanking ur self.

ive got hsd hs series in dc2 vtir and they handle not to bad for a cheap set of coilovers.the back are almost on the lowest setting and the front still got a tad to go and there not that bad.

Angie
16-09-2007, 05:17 PM
if ur not going to be tracking ur car and just want the comfort of adjustable coilovers id get something abit cheaper eg: hsd, d2, g4 or isc.. if u were to track choose a good set of coilovers eg: tein flex, buddyclub N+, cusco zero 2's.. get it right the first time you'll end up thanking ur self.

ive got hsd hs series in dc2 vtir and they handle not to bad for a cheap set of coilovers.the back are almost on the lowest setting and the front still got a tad to go and there not that bad.

Any pics mate?

DUST
16-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Still on the same topic, but how low can you go before you get a yellow sticker?

My front fender is about less than 1 inch under my wheels. Is this still legal?

nvdvtc
16-09-2007, 07:18 PM
i would say tein flex suspension good for coners and it sits low as well

tRipitaka
16-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Still on the same topic, but how low can you go before you get a yellow sticker?

the lowest point has to be 100mm from the ground.. i believe that's the law around the whole of australia..

My front fender is about less than 1 inch under my wheels. Is this still legal?

can't tell from what you said.. as there are too many factors involved..
you could have sideskirts/bodykit.. a low exhaust..

DUST
16-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeh i know about the lowest point is 100mm.

But im after the info about if i have to have a gap between the fender and the wheel? Cause my front fender is sitting over my front wheels.

Just read this:

# A vehicle must not be lowered more than 1/3 of the bump clearance originally specified by the vehicle manufacturer and the distance measured from the ground to the lower edge of the reflecting surface of the headlamp must not be less than 500mm.

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/1889.asp

DUST
19-09-2007, 12:21 PM
any opinions on what the hell do they mean by reflecting surface of the headlamp?

scyt7e
19-09-2007, 12:56 PM
lol i'ld say the chrome bits which reflect the light? :thumbsup:

EK1.6LCIV
19-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Budget for around $2600 if u want coilovers, suspension is not meant to be skimped on it's expensive, I'm using Koni Yellows with their springs with great results. If ur not keen on Coilovers go some Koni Yellows as they're much more drivable on the street. Afterall how often does anyone get to go to the track during the year...

minircc
23-09-2007, 09:26 PM
i had koni yellows and super low king springs on my DC2 and it looked the same height as that green teg. i believe the lowest point of the car was around 90mm from the ground.

bennyv
11-02-2011, 09:52 AM
my pedders extreme coilover got lower than that they have adjustable camber on them and could of gone lower

GSi_PSi
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.q45.org/uploads/old_thread.jpg

denrie
17-02-2011, 06:10 PM
If you want that drop thats 3.5 inch