PDA

View Full Version : Vtec Problem,

JunYu
13-09-2007, 09:55 AM
well i have a 06 euro, it's done 3000km, and i'm finding that everytime i hit vtec it makes a fairly loud and unpleasent noise, vtec still kicks in, but over the sound of vtec it sounds like a bearing is loose or something, anyway, this noise seems to start occuring when i hit 6k revs. It also seems to be coming from the passenger side, Anyone have any idea what this could be?

rhettzor
13-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I think there has been some glove box issues that can cause this unpleasant noise during high revs. Even items in the glove box could create a noise loud enough. Maybe put some rubber or foam in there to absorb some of the rattle?

Actually, i think some people have also had some issues with the center cup holder and the little separator inside it.

JunYu
13-09-2007, 10:15 AM
thanks for the quick reply, i'll be sure to remove everything in the glove box and see how that goes.

Cheers

EuroDude
13-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Also remove coins from the coin holder on the right, and sunnies from above, things in the door wells, center console etc..

Sometimes the sound can bounce around the cabin and can sound like its coming from somewhere else.

Suntzu
13-09-2007, 11:45 AM
its the heater core issue. i have it. turn off you heater and hit vtec and see if it does it.

r-r-redEuro
13-09-2007, 03:56 PM
my god my car rattles like crazy i got everything everywhere. when i hit vtec it just sounds like my car is gonna blow up LOL. so i dont do it safe driving saves lives :)

akina
13-09-2007, 04:08 PM
yes, safe driving saves lives... but safe driving has no satisfaction is there? :p

r-r-redEuro
13-09-2007, 06:53 PM
yes there is =P cruise slowly have sexy car attract sexy chickie babies =P

JunYu
13-09-2007, 07:00 PM
lol, well i removed everything from everywhere, and no surprise there noise was no longer there :)

Thanks for the help guys, Hm, i wonder why there's so much viabrations, i never had this problem with my dc5 ><

Jegi#5
13-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Euro isn't as refined as you may think, well for passengers maybe but when you drive a car day in day out, and are behind the wheel etc. you can feel all the vibrations and hear them, most notably the manual models. I don't mind it though, I didn't buy the car expecting lexus refinement.

EuroDude
13-09-2007, 07:39 PM
^ Its cuz of the sporty suspension setup. If you have a drive of a normal Accord, you will notice its a lot softer on the road, but not so forgiving around corners like in a Euro.

yfin
13-09-2007, 08:10 PM
its the heater core issue. i have it. turn off you heater and hit vtec and see if it does it.

Yep this is spot on I think. When it next happens - turn the heat down all the way to cold and vtec again. It will miraculously dissapear.

The first time I heard this "ball bearings in a can" sound I thought I had stuffed up my engine.

aaronng
13-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah, sounds like ball bearings in a can. LOL. I can't hear it anymore because now my engine sounds like it is screaming in agony and going to explode. :)

Jegi#5
13-09-2007, 09:01 PM
^ Its cuz of the sporty suspension setup. If you have a drive of a normal Accord, you will notice its a lot softer on the road, but not so forgiving around corners like in a Euro.

Not really, there are a lot of cars more firmly sprung out there with less NVH issues. Firm suspension can contribute, so can the type of tyres you are running, but at the end of the day there are so many variables than simply suspension tune. Comes down to design and build quality.