PDA

View Full Version : Good GSM Car Alarm System 2 or 3 Point immobilize?

Lukezen27
14-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Hey Guys

My cars close to ready after her little smash and I've decided to get a car alarm...

So what's the pick of the bunch?

I'm thinking GSM might be the go but not sure..

Any advice would be great :thumbsup:

YES mods I've used the search button with no luck :eek:

Cheers Guys

LukeZen

Xplodin
14-09-2007, 09:11 AM
hi luke,

I've got a Viper XV710 with remote start on mine. I love it! Has never missed a beat for me and never failed to alert me. On Mine i've got the Dual shock sensor which i have on pretty sensitive and sets off the alarm even if a trolley hits my car.(i work at a shopping center) and careless drivers. Its a two way transponder system to alert me if it does go off. Wouldn't think of getting anything else! you can get a Gsm attachment to it but your looking well into the thounsands by then. 2 way transponder is enough for me. The only down side of it is the battery in the remote pretty much goes dead after a max 2months of use. In the end its up to you which way you go about it. But with viper you cant go wrong!

Good luck!

Lukezen27
14-09-2007, 07:51 PM
hi luke,

I've got a Viper XV710 with remote start on mine. I love it! Has never missed a beat for me and never failed to alert me. On Mine i've got the Dual shock sensor which i have on pretty sensitive and sets off the alarm even if a trolley hits my car.(i work at a shopping center) and careless drivers. Its a two way transponder system to alert me if it does go off. Wouldn't think of getting anything else! you can get a Gsm attachment to it but your looking well into the thounsands by then. 2 way transponder is enough for me. The only down side of it is the battery in the remote pretty much goes dead after a max 2months of use. In the end its up to you which way you go about it. But with viper you cant go wrong!

Good luck!

Hey Xplodin

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Hows the transponder work and what's its range?

My auto Mech warned against remote start as you burn out your starter motor if in gear when activated..

Those GPS systems that let you track your own stolen car via the internet look pretty cool

Check this out
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270162887853&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Xplodin
15-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Hey Xplodin

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Hows the transponder work and what's its range?

My auto Mech warned against remote start as you burn out your starter motor if in gear when activated..

Those GPS systems that let you track your own stolen car via the internet look pretty cool

Check this out
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270162887853&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017
The transponder work on an aerial thats place inside the car. You cant even see it with mine unless your in the car looking for it. Pretty much i've got an LCD on my remote displaying the info of my car(lock doors, and sensor numbers) if one of them is triggered then the remote starts beeping and warns me. Anyways I'm about 800m and through a 1m wall thick of concrete from my car at work (in line of sight distance) and i can get range on my car. Thats pretty good if you ask me.

In regards to burning out the starter motor when you start the car in gear thats true. But its not going to harm the car if you start the car in neutral. I've had one case where i've started the car in 1st gear. And that was because i let someone drive my car and i didnt know they left the car in gear. Almost caused a car accident! Anyways if you just drive it yourself and dont let anyone else drive it then you should be fine.

In regards to that alarm, Ummmm it sounds good. but i dont think that its a good idea going for a no name branned one. Your car is an investment (well sort of) and you want to protect it. Dont go el Cheapo because at the end of the day your only protecting your valuables and i'm pretty sure 700 -1200 isnt that much to spend when protecting something worth $5K - 15K. As i mentioned above I'd probably stick to viper!

Good luck!

Nikki
15-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I've had one case where i've started the car in 1st gear. And that was because i let someone drive my car and i didnt know they left the car in gear. Almost caused a car accident!

hahaha GUILTY!!!!

that was mee!!! :D:D:D:D

Lukezen27
15-09-2007, 01:08 PM
hahaha GUILTY!!!!

that was mee!!! :D:D:D:D

So the moral of the story is, don't let Nikki drive ya car :D

Can you also turn off the car by remote?

Nikki
15-09-2007, 03:15 PM
lol nah he had to run after it :p

Lukezen27
15-09-2007, 03:21 PM
lol nah he had to run after it :p

Man that would have been awesome to see :D:D:D

I would have paid for that little show :thumbsup:

Touch wood

Nikki
15-09-2007, 03:32 PM
hahaha yeah it was funny.. but i think it broke something in his car :p

Lukezen27
15-09-2007, 03:52 PM
hahaha yeah it was funny.. but i think it broke something in his car :p

ouch!!

Is he still talk'n to ya?

Nikki
15-09-2007, 03:55 PM
^^ haha yeah of course

he didn't even get mad, im use to parking my car in gear so i just did it to his out of habbit

Xplodin
15-09-2007, 06:28 PM
ouch!!

Is he still talk'n to ya?
Narh nikki i dont think it was you who broke it. SRS can't be triggered by that.

No nothing broke!

Lukezen27
15-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Narh nikki i dont think it was you who broke it. SRS can't be triggered by that.

No nothing broke!

lol Luck thing

So Xplodin ,the Viper has GSM plug-in available right?

rice_eg
17-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Those viper alarms are pretty good... Same as the Python 2 way "from jb hi fi".

They're ok, though as soon as you park your car in a westfields underground car park its useless....

If you got the money then do it though..... Its fun to show off your mates..... get them to hook up an output to your a/c fan so you can heat up your car in the morning.