PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren 100(US)Million FINE + Out Of Constructor Points

JDM.Power
14-09-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070913194710.shtml

secret Ferrari technical information.

LT178
14-09-2007, 12:47 PM
This is a farce, but saw it coming anyways given the history of the FIA being biased towards the evil red team. The fact that this case was even reopened shows that Mosely is out to get McLaren in whatever way he can. Might as well move the FIA HQ from Paris to the devils lair, ie Maranello. It's a stupid fiasco to help the evil red team win when they can't on the track. There is no way any of the evil red teams data will work on a McLaren...it's a completely DIFFERENT car which works with completely DIFFERENT parameters!!!

dc2dc2dc2
14-09-2007, 12:56 PM
still....they did do wrong.

they are just lucky hamilton or alonso did not lose any points !

shinji112
14-09-2007, 04:16 PM
dayam... $US100mil.. thats gotta hurt.. i wonder who gets all that money? can i get like 1% of it?

StrawberryFace
14-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Screw Mclaren. Up the mighty red's.

aaronng
14-09-2007, 06:33 PM
As if this hasn't been happening throughout the history of F1. It's just unlucky that Mclaren got caught out this time. Back in the 80's, every team would copy the technology of the team that was ahead. I reckon it's just biased towards Ferrari. I don't think Mclaren would have been penalised that heavily if they had information regarding Redbull's car instead of Ferrari's.

Edit: Fixed typo. http://image-cache.ozhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/zip.gif

Jazzdude
14-09-2007, 07:14 PM
As if this hasn't been happening throughout the history of F1. It's just unlucky that Williams got caught out this time. Back in the 80's, every team would copy the technology of the team that was ahead. I reckon it's just biased towards Ferrari. I don't think Williams would have been penalised that heavily if they had information regarding Redbull's car instead of Ferrari's.

Um....Williams didn't get penalised, it was McLaren. Mercedes Benz would be pissed :zip:

aaronng
14-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Ooops, lol, was thinking of the wrong name. hahaha.

Jazzdude
15-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I thought the only info McLaren got was regarding the front wing design of the Ferrari.

aaronng
15-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Good job. Alonzo and Hamilton got off because they were given immunity just like common criminals.

They knew what they did was WRONG and asked "please let me turn this stuff in but don't hurt me". And they had the info not just to make their cars run better but to know what Ferrari was doing in their strategy and that STOLEN information helped them plan their own strategy around what they now knew Ferrari was going to do. They should have been thrown out for the rest of the season.

LOL, who said that Hamilton stole and used the info? They don't need info for strategy. They know the competitor's time on an almost empty car (Q2 qualifying) and then they compare it to a loaded car's time (Q3 qualifying). The difference in time is correlated to the amount of fuel in the car. From that, they know how many laps the competitor will run on the first stint and hence know if they will be doing 2 or 3 stops. From that, they also know which exact lap that the driver will pit in and hence tell their drive to lower the fuel setting for the middle of the first stint so that they conserve 2-3 laps of fuel which they can then use in a very light car to pull out fast in-laps.

Remember, drivers are drivers. The only way drivers cheat is by blocking others from pitting/qualifying or muscling them off the track.

Vinnie
15-09-2007, 01:38 AM
^ and noone in ferrari ever did that... :zip:

aaronng
15-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Yup, as I said, espionage has been happening in F1 since all the way back in the 80's when everyone was doing their own method to gain more power, traction and downforce. It's just that this time, McLaren got caught.

EuroAccord13
15-09-2007, 03:36 AM
McLaren is still a noob in the world of F1 espionage heeheeheehee...

DreadAngel
15-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Ferrari is king, something to do with a traction control system a few years back, that got put under the carpet really quick by Bernie Ecclestone and the rest of that circus lol.

JDM.Power
15-09-2007, 12:58 PM
I thought the only info McLaren got was regarding the front wing design of the Ferrari.

that was last yr.
ferrari got away with it. FIA didnt even care about the petition that renault made, and half of F1 teams sign it also.

i reckon since mika and david left mclaren, they went down. even when kimi was in the team, Mclaren didnt even perform that well.

aaronng
15-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Not totally correct they had more than wing design. Look into the emails from Alonzo to delarosa and they are discussing set ups and talking about using the Ferrari setups and seeing if they were better than the ones they had of their own, that is using the information for potential gain. And we don't know what hamilton said because they haven't released that yet, but why would he need immunity if he did nothing wrong?? If he did no wrong he could have gone in told his side of the story and be done with it BUT he asked for and got immunity WHY?

And you think only McLaren is doing that? Look at everyone else, they are doing the same thing. Also, the reason why the drivers got immunity was because the tribunal wanted them to testify against their own team. It's a tactic because by giving immunity, Ron Dennis would also allow his drivers to testify without fear since some sort of score keeping would still be in effect. If Hamilton and Alonso end the season with top driver's points, it means that McLaren is still the dominating team, even if they have zero constructor points.