PDA

View Full Version : Is there a manifold coolant bypass available for Euro?

Zed
14-09-2007, 11:06 AM
In the interest of colder intake temperatures (more grunt), I have purchased a Hondata Heatshield Gasket for the intake manifold, I have insulated the hot water tubes, and bypassed the throttle body coolant tubing. However, there is still one major area that I wish to address...

Honda built the Euro for a world-wide audience hence the approach of coolant flowing through the throttle body and intake manifold (to battle icy conditions). This is something most of us in Oz will never experience here.

My intention is to have the coolant bypass the intake manifold with some rubber tubing instead. Does anybody think this is possible without changing the intake manifold?

aaronng
14-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Anything is possible if you put your head (and wallet) to it.

EuroAccord13
14-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Read all about it here...

It's not that expensive to do...

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7917

Zed
14-09-2007, 07:11 PM
EuroAccord13 - that tsx thread is for the already performed throttle body bypass. I wish for the coolant to bypass the intake manifold.

EuroAccord13
14-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Sorry, read wrongly my bad!... :)

EUR003act
16-09-2007, 01:27 PM
are you talking about where the coolant connects/runs parrallel to the oil breather hose?

or the actual throttle body butterfly?

Zed
17-09-2007, 10:15 AM
From the head, where the intake manifold bolts up to, there are coolant pipes that run through the base of the factory intake manifold. By memory, they run to the water pump. Ideally there should be a replacement intake manifold and coolant bypass pipes instead.