PDA

View Full Version : Finally,I test drove a FN2R.

fasthonda
15-09-2007, 09:18 PM
This is my personal opinion on the car.I was very impressed with it,more so than the GTI I test drove.The power for me,was more than enough.Acceleration was comparable to the GTI.The grip and handling was superior to the GTI.
The gear change was smoother(much less notchy) than the GTI.
The rear view did not really concern me however,not being able to see the end of the hood was a little strange to me.
The suspension,I really don't know why a number of people have complained about the stiffness,I found it quite compliant and yes,I did take it over some roads that were rough and undulating.
The noise level was quite comfortable to live with.
Overall, I felt it would be a comfortable daily driver.
I am seriously considering it anyway, $43,000 on the road including I- Pod adapter,slimline plates(this also included the transfer of my custom plates to the CTR) ,Honda mats and metallic paint(silver).
I realise that probably for the same price I could get the new WRX or MPS 3or the GTI or the Megane RS and not forgetting the cheaper priced XR5,but I am not just out for power there are other factors that I have considered.
Just an interesting fact,I live in Geelong (Vic) approx. 120,000 people,I was told they have sold three :eek: yes ,three CTRs ,talk about exclusivity.
For the people that have already bought their CTR,enjoy it and don't worry about the negative comments,having now driven the car, some of these "professional" reviewers I believe have a knack of talking through their anal passage.I have read and heard some Aussie reviewers copying what their overseas counterparts had to say about the FN2R.

sitta
15-09-2007, 11:17 PM
glad you like it, so are you getting one soon?

BF52
16-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Buy it, u wont regret it.

Chris_typer
16-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Glad you enjoyed it as well...im still overwhelmed by mine.

CL9-K24A3
16-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Glad you like it.am thinking to sell my euro and buy RED colour CTR.could you give some information about how much is it approx the red CTR with full option, including front rear skirts,floor mat,Typr R emblem set, front side rear trims,front rear mudguards,rear parking sensor,Type R carpet,and accent lighting??thx btw!and enjoy your car!:D

This is my personal opinion on the car.I was very impressed with it,more so than the GTI I test drove.The power for me,was more than enough.Acceleration was comparable to the GTI.The grip and handling was superior to the GTI.
The rear view did not really concern me however,not being able to see the end of the hood was a little strange to me.
The suspension,I really don't know why a number of people have complained about the stiffness,I found it quite compliant and yes,I did take it over some roads that were rough and undulating.
I am seriously considering it anyway, $43,000 on the road including I- Pod adapter,slimline plates(this also included the transfer of my custom plates to the CTR) ,Honda mats and metallic paint(silver).
I realise that probably for the same price I could get the new WRX or MPS 3or the GTI or the Megane RS and not forgetting the cheaper priced XR5,but I am not just out for power there are other factors that I have considered.
Just an interesting fact,I live in Geelong (Vic) approx. 120,000 people,I was told they have sold three :eek: yes ,three CTRs ,talk about exclusivity.
For the people that have already bought their CTR,enjoy it and don't worry about the negative comments,having now driven the car, some of these "professional" reviewers I believe have a knack of talking through their anal passage.I have read and heard some Aussie reviewers copying what their overseas counterparts had to say about the FN2R.

aaronng
16-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Glad you like it.am thinking to sell my euro and buy RED colour CTR.could you give some information about how much is it approx the red CTR with full option, including front rear skirts,floor mat,Typr R emblem set, front side rear trims,front rear mudguards,rear parking sensor,Type R carpet,and accent lighting??thx btw!and enjoy your car!:D

You should get prices from your dealer. You're not obligated to buy anyway.

fasthonda
16-09-2007, 09:38 PM

I haven't bought the car yet:) Just need to sort out my financials,If I do decide to buy the car it will be in cash.As for the accessories,they are very expensive,just the I-pod is $500 installed.The salesman said he would be willing to "throw" that in for free-so the total cost for me on the road would actually be $42,500.The Type R emblem pack I think was $250:eek:
I may enquire about the side protection trims.
The salesman said that I would have to wait a few months for the Red colour,it's the most popular.
I will try for a better deal later in the week.

2002 TeGgY
16-09-2007, 10:23 PM

the dealer in wagga wagga (about 80,000 people) sold 2 CTR's alredy lol

egads
17-09-2007, 11:36 PM
so whats that, 1 ctr per 40,000 people? im not sure if thats good or bad.

1996ek1
17-09-2007, 11:38 PM
so whats that, 1 ctr per 40,000 people? im not sure if thats good or bad.

Lol. It makes it more special when you do see one then ?

fasthonda
18-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Lol. It makes it more special when you do see one then ?

I think it does make it unique.On my test drive I noticed a number of people were looking and pointing to the Civic.Although I must admit maybe my hard driving caught people's attention, I did hit the rev limiter quite a number of times:)

If you divide Australia's population of 21,000,000 by 1200 you end up with
1 CTR to 17,500 people.
Still makes it quite exclusive :D

steve88
18-09-2007, 01:54 AM
i saw one at rockdale honda when i went to get some transmission fluid

Rodney
18-09-2007, 08:28 AM
If you want to test drive the type R in Sydney, go to Larke Hoskins Honda in Roseberry, they will let you test the car with out a deposit and if the car is not book out they will let you test it on the same day.. Unlike the attitude of the most dealer..:thumbdwn:

aus91integra
18-09-2007, 09:39 AM
saw a ctr in waurn ponds going through to highton.. woot..

yesiamaturk
19-09-2007, 12:34 AM
im not trying to start an argument here but i went to macarthur honda test drove the type r and i test drove the integra type s they had there and to be perfectly honest i would rather the type s

Philip Lee
19-09-2007, 09:36 AM
......and to be perfectly honest i would rather the type s

reasons?

becos type s is more/less hardcore? look better/worse? more/less comfortable? cheaper? recaro and momo? y?

fasthonda
22-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Glad you enjoyed it as well...im still overwhelmed by mine.

Yep,I enjoyed it so much that I took the car for a second test drive today and I decided to put down a deposit for an Alabaster Silver FN2R.
I could've had it by next week however I am going to see if I can sell my 1998Honda Civic.I'll give myself a few weeks if I feel that I'm not getting anywhere with selling my car I will still have the option of trading it in.
I'm so happy:)

aus91integra
22-09-2007, 06:51 PM
congtratulations.. i'll keep my eye out for it in geelong..

EK4R
22-09-2007, 06:58 PM
i test drove it. and was very happy with it. everything felt really good for a daily its great. i agree with everything you said about the CTR.

however the suspension is something i would personally look into. when i test drove the car, i went around corner in 2nd and the tail came out. however it was very easy to correct.

i think the balance is not as perfect as it could be. but the Turn In was amazing!!

sitta
22-09-2007, 09:44 PM
i test drove it. and was very happy with it. everything felt really good for a daily its great. i agree with everything you said about the CTR.

however the suspension is something i would personally look into. when i test drove the car, i went around corner in 2nd and the tail came out. however it was very easy to correct.

i think the balance is not as perfect as it could be. but the Turn In was amazing!!

the tail does came out, i thought it has more potential to understeer but hey i went around corner fast as well and the tail came out, i prefer this than understeer though

lukits01
22-09-2007, 10:36 PM
the tail does came out, i thought it has more potential to understeer but hey i went around corner fast as well and the tail came out, i prefer this than understeer though

ahaha wait till you take it to the track
under steer is all you have!
you can get the tail to kick out if you enter too hot though

twofruitz
22-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I had a sit in one the other day, and have seen 2 one the roads in the last few days.

I really like the dash and seating position, and it looks great. I would definitely buy one if I was a tad richer.

Chris_typer
23-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah lol bet the honda test driver would have been a bit freaked out...its better you have your tail hang out then getting understeer..you turn your steering all the way to the right but your still sliding left lol crazy shit, and there is nothin you can do. Would give you a tip though if you find that you get understeer and your going to crash, try and turn your wheels to face the gutter or where ever your going that way you hit it front on then hiting it side on because then you'll just screw everything..

hengz
23-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Yeah lol bet the honda test driver would have been a bit freaked out...its better you have your tail hang out then getting understeer..you turn your steering all the way to the right but your still sliding left lol crazy shit, and there is nothin you can do. Would give you a tip though if you find that you get understeer and your going to crash, try and turn your wheels to face the gutter or where ever your going that way you hit it front on then hiting it side on because then you'll just screw everything..

fully drift spec lmao. haven't had the balls to get my car sideways yet nor do i really plan to

EK4R
23-09-2007, 07:55 PM
just pull the handbrake if your understeering

Chris_typer
24-09-2007, 09:07 PM
fully drift spec lmao. haven't had the balls to get my car sideways yet nor do i really plan to

Lol :p...pushed mine a bit lately so yeh had a few experiences..

sitta
24-09-2007, 11:48 PM
i pushed mine alot, especially when im late for something, but one night it was different, i was bored with my fren so decided to make the car go sideway, doing handbrake turns and donuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUL95qVwRE8

slipn
26-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Not really Donuts or handbrakies there mate... Still pretty cool to watch though you just need more space and aggresion