PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory to supply receipts in the forsale and trader sections

ek4-guy
17-09-2007, 03:49 PM
As the title suggests i would like to suggest it be made mandatory for a receipt to be supplied whenever something is sold on OZHonda

SiReal
17-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Thats impossible to police.

In general, if its a non-retail fronting sale, its up to you to request for one. Even at that point, the seller (say me or anyone else) will not have a receipt book or have prepared the appropriate documentation.

Trader YES
Private NO

Q_ball
17-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Why?
Ozhonda is purely a forum that offers a medium for members to advertise on.
Ozhonda dont do the sales nor does it take any part in any of the transactions.
If you require a receipt, that should be organised between the buyer and the member selling - its got nothing to do with Ozhonda.

ek4-guy
17-09-2007, 04:32 PM
i just thought it may be a good way to police stolen property like if your not willing to give a receipt dont post the goods forsale

|N|
17-09-2007, 05:34 PM
its too hard to police like others said.. plus the FS forum is just there to help member... ozhonda has nothing to do with pirvate sale.

too much responsibility for ozhonda to police that... remember mods dun get paid...

JasonGilholme
17-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I think its only neccessary for traders not individuals/private sales.

I don't think ozhonda has to DIRECTLY police it but it could be good to make it an addition to ozhonda's trader guidelines (if any)

Traders should have that info easily obtainable for tax purposes anyway so theres no reason why all traders shouldn't be able to produce that information easily enough.

And if it was a requirement for ozhonda traders to provide that documentation it means that the trader section would be alot safer for the buyer if a transaction/warranty goes pear shaped.

So its not a matter of policing it (like looking for spam in tech threads) its just a matter of adding a few extra statements to some guide lines.

|N|
17-09-2007, 05:47 PM
but then again .. .everytime i bought something from a trader they give me a receipt anyway

JasonGilholme
17-09-2007, 05:51 PM
different story for me.

even upon request... (fair trading case that is i know, but some extra security wouldn't go astray)

panda[cRx]
17-09-2007, 06:00 PM
i've got a trader rating higher than most and i've never had a problem.
if the seller refuses to issue a receipt simply purchase the item elsewhere if you are concerned

yourfather
17-09-2007, 06:08 PM
same with that.

JasonGilholme
17-09-2007, 06:12 PM
you usually ask for a receipt after a purchase, and when they say no and refuse to take the items back it kinda leaves you with no choice.

Puts you in a rough place when you've spent 3000 bucks + at the one time and have that said to you. Makes it even harder when you have warranty problems and then trader has dissappeared/shutdown and you can't obtain a receipt to take to the manufacturer....

yourfather
17-09-2007, 06:13 PM
who was the trader

JasonGilholme
17-09-2007, 06:21 PM
i don't think its a good idea to say publicly cause of defamation (even though their company is dead)

PM sent.

EDIT: no it wasn't cause YF doesn't have a PM button for some weird reason.... wtf yO!

ek4-guy
17-09-2007, 06:54 PM
i'm not asking for the mods to police the actual giving of receipts but more to inform buyers on their rights

ek4-guy
17-09-2007, 07:03 PM
so it would seem if its a private sale no receipt is needed lol let the good times roll

bennjamin
17-09-2007, 07:18 PM
i'm not asking for the mods to police the actual giving of receipts but more to inform buyers on their rights

what rights ? There is no right of anyone to provide a receipt or ask for one ~ if someone denies you a receipt make up your own mind if you want it or not.
This is why we have the trade feedback rating to help people in their decisions

As said before , generally speaking traders are legit businesses with ABNs and should to provide a receipt to you

ek4-guy
17-09-2007, 07:48 PM
and say someone sent me something and at the time i asked for receipt but when the item arrived i didnt get one would i have any rights in this case

yfin
17-09-2007, 07:52 PM

I am sorry but that is not the role of a moderator. If you want to know your rights as a consumer or private seller you need to make your own inquiries. You need to treat Ozhonda just like every other place where you can trade on the internet - just like ebay it is up to you to decide whether to trade with another person and what the terms are.

and say someone sent me something and at the time i asked for receipt but when the item arrived i didnt get one would i have any rights in this case

Rights for what? You can pursue the seller for a receipt but this is a private matter.

yourfather
17-09-2007, 07:57 PM
yfin, I dont think you should compare us to EBAY. because Ebay does it to make money, and ultimately has no soul

yfin
17-09-2007, 07:58 PM
If people have a serious problem with another member or trader there is also this process in the terms and conditions for making a complaint:

Marketplace
If you have any complaints about a particular user, private message a Moderator of the forum and email forum-mailer[at]ozhonda.com and we will keep your complaint on record. If there are sufficient complaints against one particular user, then his/her account may be suspended if Ozhonda deems necessary. Trading on in the Market Place is done at your own risk.

yfin
17-09-2007, 07:59 PM
yfin, I dont think you should compare us to EBAY. because Ebay does it to make money, and ultimately has no soul

That is true - I was more referring to the risk to the buyer - it is still a case of buyer beware on Ozhonda (more so for private sellers rather than traders though)

yourfather
17-09-2007, 08:00 PM
oh of course.

I just haaate ebay.

they are absolute dickheads