PDA

View Full Version : Civic vs Integra

narchi
18-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey guys. I just recently brought a Civic VTIR. But i feel i am cursed with civics as i owned a CXI in the past and i owned it for a yr but drove it for 3 months as a yellow sticker put it off the road for the rest.
Now i have brought this Civic VTIR and ive owned it for 3 weeks and ive driven it for 2 days.
Nothing wrong with the car but jsut things keep going wrong where i have to wait for parts to come in.

So considering purchasing an Integra Type R. I wanna stay honda. And i wanna do hill runs and track work.

Should i stick it out with the VTIR (not standard. Bit of work done to the engine and mild mods to suspension) and gradually do it up or should i buy and Integra Type R thats got everything already done. Which in the long run will be better for track? which has better balance and readily available parts.

tct
18-09-2007, 06:23 PM
dc2r ftw

kn1ghtm4r3
18-09-2007, 06:24 PM
yah id go the dc2r n just work with that =D

but if u have lots of money lol do up the ekkk

Q_ball
18-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Search!!

And yes, DC2R > VtiR

Spunkymonkey
18-09-2007, 07:05 PM
comparing maintenance on our ek4 to my dc2 (modded)...

stock ek4 is so much more cost effective... teg has had lots of maintenance done lol....but does have to do with driving style too rofl

narchi
18-09-2007, 07:19 PM
comparing maintenance on our ek4 to my dc2 (modded)...

stock ek4 is so much more cost effective... teg has had lots of maintenance done lol....but does have to do with driving style too rofl

yeah i do use it as a daily. Thats y there is more than this drive better than that.
needed to know maintence costs. i know the ITR wont be as good fuel economy as the VTIR but fuel aint an issue. its getting parts and that sort of thing. Spent 5k on the vtir and i only just brought it. (my fault tho. Kaaz LSD, Exedy Racing Clutch, EBC pads, new federal tyres and HIDs)
At least only thing i need to change in the ITR is the LSD which im pretty sure i can bring across from the Civic.

Spunkymonkey
18-09-2007, 07:26 PM
yeah i do use it as a daily. Thats y there is more than this drive better than that.
needed to know maintence costs. i know the ITR wont be as good fuel economy as the VTIR but fuel aint an issue. its getting parts and that sort of thing. Spent 5k on the vtir and i only just brought it. (my fault tho. Kaaz LSD, Exedy Racing Clutch, EBC pads, new federal tyres and HIDs)
At least only thing i need to change in the ITR is the LSD which im pretty sure i can bring across from the Civic.

Yes, LSD you can bring over...

actually fuel economy wise....I found apart from it being proportional to how much gas u give it lol....

I found my dc2vtir was more fuel economical than me driving our ek4 due to the way I drive... 1.6L carrying 1130 kgs compared to 1.8L carrying 1150kgs approx....

my dc2 has had many parts changed over the years...compared to our ek4...which has only had normal oil changes, timing belt, and now clutch...and it has over 270,000 kms on it lol....

but goodluck with a dc2r...just make sure you find a good one.

EK4R
18-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Civic !!!

Knightmare what are you , a traitor ??!

i drive a vtir and i have no trouble keeping up with a dc2. so stay civic :P looks way better than a dc2.

if i were to swap i go dc5

DreadAngel
18-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes, LSD you can bring over...

actually fuel economy wise....I found apart from it being proportional to how much gas u give it lol....

I found my dc2vtir was more fuel economical than me driving our ek4 due to the way I drive... 1.6L carrying 1130 kgs compared to 1.8L carrying 1150kgs approx....

my dc2 has had many parts changed over the years...compared to our ek4...which has only had normal oil changes, timing belt, and now clutch...and it has over 270,000 kms on it lol....

but goodluck with a dc2r...just make sure you find a good one.

So if you minus Q_Baby's gross weight with the car's stock weight, you find out Q_Baby's weight :p

ITR don't need to do jack to it ;) But I guess its up to you what you want out of the car.

Spunkymonkey
18-09-2007, 09:21 PM
So if you minus Q_Baby's gross weight with the car's stock weight, you find out Q_Baby's weight :p

ITR don't need to do jack to it ;) But I guess its up to you what you want out of the car.

rofl..funny one yoey....

phantom_civic
18-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Ek with jdmb18C >> teggy VTIR

xntrik
19-09-2007, 12:02 AM
DC2-R = win.

Barge Ass
19-09-2007, 01:12 AM
I crashed mine.... wanna buy it? sob, sob, I miss it sooo much .....aaarrrrrgh Teggyyyy WHYYYYYY?

narchi
19-09-2007, 11:00 AM
after looking at the ITR last night i sort of prefer the civic. Had some go dont get me wrong. But just didnt feel like i could drive it every day aswell. I think i will stick to doing up my civic.

tct
19-09-2007, 11:48 AM
put a b18c in ur civic and it will also have the go

EK4R
19-09-2007, 11:50 AM
after looking at the ITR last night i sort of prefer the civic. Had some go dont get me wrong. But just didnt feel like i could drive it every day aswell. I think i will stick to doing up my civic.

wise choice

narchi
19-09-2007, 12:02 PM
put a b18c in ur civic and it will also have the go

Im going across to malaysia at the end of the yr. Have the the engine built over there then brought across (dirt cheap labour eg.. engine fully worked including long block for under 7k) works out to $300 labour. Basically just got off the phone to a guy over there. Shoudl be good wen its done.

Limbo
19-09-2007, 01:25 PM
ek4 had a better chassis layout than the dc2. With minor mods if your not happy you could always turbo it. I'm looking at it atm also

narchi
19-09-2007, 01:28 PM
haha turbo. Im so over turbo. Its not the power that im after. its the handling. I get excited over seeing a nice set of Coilovers and listening to people telling me about what suspension they have in their car lol. So i think i made the right choice by staying with the EK4.

Spunkymonkey
19-09-2007, 01:41 PM
hahahaha..I prefer the handling in my dc2 ;) but the maintenance costs of the ek4 lol

VT1-R
19-10-2007, 02:00 AM
Civic VTI-R > Integra VTI-R... lighter.. though a lil but counts.. can be done up nicely.. but if have to choose Integra Type R is the way to go.. no replacement for displacement.. 200cc more n 141kw(audm) is a better start.. haha..

Cammy
19-10-2007, 10:27 PM
after seeing EK4R's Civic at a meet, i've changed my opinions on what can be done to an EK when taken care off, still a Teg boy though :thumbsup:

Limbo
20-10-2007, 12:36 AM
ek9 is better on the track than dc2r, was prove in a best motoring vid when they raced it on the track. Comes down to a better chassis design
COnsidering the ek4 shares the same chassis, barring a few minor chassis reinforments (which you can add) i'd stay ek4 if you want better handling.

AzKik-R
20-10-2007, 06:11 PM
ek9 + b18c = lots of Jealousy

aaronng
20-10-2007, 06:26 PM
ek9 + b18c = lots of Jealousy

True, but then again, the resale value of the EK9 will plummet tremendously without its B16B.

nvmee
20-10-2007, 06:36 PM
dont know about u guys but i think the handling on civics and dc5r teggys are a dissapointment

AzKik-R
20-10-2007, 10:08 PM
True, but then again, the resale value of the EK9 will plummet tremendously without its B16B.

hmmm, what about a bore/stroke kit?

aaronng
20-10-2007, 10:17 PM
hmmm, what about a bore/stroke kit?

If it is done well, yes. But if you do a half-hearted job to cut cost and you end up with a b16b that is not as reliable as stock, its value plummets considerably. Remember, the reason why the EK9 is sought after is because it is not available here.