PDA

View Full Version : side panel thingys

AZ51LK
19-09-2007, 06:11 PM
hey giuse!

my side panel thingys look tacky coz of the dodgy job my girlfriend did on it [yes that right i got her to paint my car hehe] the paint's comin off so now it's time to do it properly. no offence babe.

i was wondering where should i look to get it done and about how much am i looking at? if i were to do it myself, do i have to remove the panels or can i just use a tonne of newspapers and stickeytape?

much appreciated!!!
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/az51lk/Image005.jpg

...its actually looking worse than this pic right now =/

Fr3aKi3
19-09-2007, 07:10 PM
A tonne of newspaper and tape will work but you're better off taking the whole lot off from the car.

It'd easily cost a few hundred for a shop to do (around $300), i'd go with a DIY job.

tiet
20-09-2007, 10:18 AM
yeah go with the DIY its not as hard as it looks, the only problem is if you do not do it properly its going to look bad, you can just use stickytape and newspaper, but if you want to do it neat around the curves and all take it off

|N|
20-09-2007, 10:33 AM
yea i did a DIY on that yonks ago.. and still looks fine

Zdster
20-09-2007, 10:34 AM
The hardest part is the prep work. Make sure you mask it all of properly and also use a plastic primer before painting.

I have a diy floating around if you want it.

Alternatively, most bodyshops should be able to do it for you (will probably cost a few hundred at a guess).

steve88
20-09-2007, 10:55 AM
lots of wet sanding if you want a smooth proper finish cause the side skirts are very coarse (ie. unpaintable) to begin with. plastic primer (or a general primer both exist), then youll do layer (30min-1hr dry) after layer of desired colour. the drying depends on weather and thickness of your coat you applied

destrukshn
20-09-2007, 11:02 AM
just take off your trims and unclip them from the inside.
then you can spray OFF the car.
lol.