PDA

View Full Version : AVO Turbo Kits

xenonkuraz
19-09-2007, 11:58 PM
I've done a search with every friggen term I could think of for this topic. I know there were threads comparing AVO to Greddy, but I just can't seem to find it! If anyone can, please post here. Otherwise:

What are your opinions on this kit? Has anyone here used it before? I know Dean (DLO01) has. I might bother him about it :P

Please, no talk about custom kits! I'd like to know how the AVO kits are.

Thanks.

tRipitaka
20-09-2007, 10:18 AM
stage one kit with the 5th injector, i wouldn't recommend..

atleast stage two.. (upgraded 4 injectors, standalone ecu)

they seem fairly reliable.. they don't make as much power as custom kits (due to the tune).. and they're EPA approved

DLO01
20-09-2007, 10:44 AM
If you want a good affordable off the shelf kit with everything you need. Simple bolt on fit, no messing around, simplicity, good power gains. Then the Avo kit is a good kit. Its not 'the best kit' like some you can get from the states, but $ wise they are good by the time you would get one of those Us kits over. Plus you have the support of Avo here in Aust.

I had an Avo Stage II kit on my old Crx Delsol and it was a good power upgrade. If you are happy with the output these kits put out and no more, they are good. I have not experienced the Greddy kit.

When you nut it all down though, things do add up. Clutch, exhaust, dyno costs.

They are a good kit, full stop. :thumbsup:

Zdster
20-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Please, no talk about custom kits! I'd like to know how the AVO kits are.

I am curious to know why you are not interested in a 'custom' setup?

xenonkuraz
20-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm not very knowledgeable in this area, and don't want to do something wrong and mess up the whole thing.

Zdster
20-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm not very knowledgeable in this area, and don't want to do something wrong and mess up the whole thing.

So why wouldnt you research and then find a trustworthy builder and get them to build a setup for you? That way you get exactly what you are after for your requirements.

xenonkuraz
20-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure anyone would bother helping me. But I suppose I'll look into it. The AVO kits just sparked my interest into FI...

thanks for helping :)

Zdster
20-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure anyone would bother helping me. But I suppose I'll look into it. The AVO kits just sparked my interest into FI...

thanks for helping :)

There are some good builders out there that you can approch with a goal (both in terms of what you want to achieve from your car and the money that you want to spend) that can supply and/or fit a setup to suit you.

xenonkuraz
20-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Where would I start looking? I'm from Melbourne btw...the race scene down here compared to Sydney stinks.

Zdster
20-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Where would I start looking? I'm from Melbourne btw...the race scene down here compared to Sydney stinks.

I am in Melbourne. It doesnt stink, you just need to know where to look (but like in all cities there are some really bad builders out there).

First thing I would do is start searching the net about the various components that you need for a setup - what they do etc. Also, remember to shop around for opinions (and take most with a grain of salt) as lots of people dont have experience or just dont know what they are talking about.

From there, have a chat with multiple local builders asking them what they would do for the money/goals you have. Then try to combine all of that information and make a decision - dont jump in to anything quickly (especially when people say I can put this 'custom' kit on your car really cheap but only this week). Shop around, learn alot and then make a decision right the first time.

xenonkuraz
20-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Could you please name some places that I could speak to? I'm not being lazy, I just honestly don't know how to source the tuners out there. I've read a lot of the nitty-gritty's of forced induction, but still I thought I would not be capable of doing a custom setup myself, naive to the fact that someone out there could help me. Until now! :D

sr3
23-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Go talk to the guys at Revzone in Melbourne, www.revzone.com.au (http://www.revzone.com.au/) they have done plenty turbo conversions and will give you the correct honest answer your after and have been trading for many many many years unlike so many self proclaimed experts who have no experience.

xenonkuraz
23-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for that sr3!

Funny thing is I just noticed..

I have a "Rev Zone" sticker on my back windscreen LOL