PDA

View Full Version : civic carpet issues

steamin63
20-09-2007, 12:04 AM
hi guys ,
i recently had to replace the carpet in my 5 month old vti because it was self destructing [even under the mats] . i just noticed yesterday that the new carpet [3 weeks old] is starting to pile. has anyone else had issues with their vti [my drivers window has jammed twice also] . thanks.

DropBear
20-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Sorry to hear that mate.

I have mats on mine as well, and I regularly clean under then - but I haven't noticed any wear and tear or piling. The mats are a different story - but you get that when you drive as much as I do and work as an engineer.

Though mine is an MY06, and after hearing a few other comments around these forums, I have feeling that the quality of some of the materials in the MY07 FD1's and 2's have gone downhill. I hope that's not the case, seeing also how the price has gone up since I bought mine this time last year.

The drivers side window problem is easily fixed, take it back to your Honda dealer and they do it under warranty. Will never be a problem again. Just about all FD1/2 owners have had that problem, something to do with the sealing rubber I believe.

Good luck with it.