PDA

View Full Version : Boot light stays on,even when the Boot is closed? (EG civic)

fadz
20-09-2007, 06:27 AM
as the title reads, its been a problem for maybe a month now??
even though the boot is closed the little indicator on the dash stays on,before i do take it to a auto electrician...is there anything that can be done about it?
cheers.

tiet
20-09-2007, 10:15 AM
unplug the sensor unit or something so it doesn't read if the boots open or closed at all ^_^"

fadz
20-09-2007, 12:26 PM
unplug the sensor unit or something so it doesn't read if the boots open or closed at all ^_^"

i take it as the sensor unit, is at the back of the cluster itself???
unpluging that,am i going to cause anything else to not work, in regards to the petrol indicator etc....

1996ek1
20-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Could be your bonnet? happened to me before.

I closed and re-closed my boot like 5 times, and light was still on. So i openned and closed my bonnet and it turned off ?

destrukshn
20-09-2007, 01:13 PM
boot light switch, there is a switch, when the tail gate closes it presses against it. and switches off the light.
if that switch is faulty, it's just gonna stay on.
find the switch and disconnect it, if it turns it off, there is your problem.

tiet
20-09-2007, 04:29 PM
boot light switch, there is a switch, when the tail gate closes it presses against it. and switches off the light.
if that switch is faulty, it's just gonna stay on.
find the switch and disconnect it, if it turns it off, there is your problem.

yeah that boot sensor thingy lol

kazam
20-09-2007, 07:10 PM
yeh this happened 2 me as well and it was on the whole day, and finally i went and closed it and it worked. LOL nah just open and close it a couple of times and it'll be sweet

tiet
20-09-2007, 09:47 PM
yeh this happened 2 me as well and it was on the whole day, and finally i went and closed it and it worked. LOL nah just open and close it a couple of times and it'll be sweet

we talking about your boot or the bonnet like the other guy and got his fixed

misteR_bilzz
21-09-2007, 01:49 PM
if u got aftermarket alarm they may have put a sensor in the engine bay for the bonnet, if not its most probably ur boot sensor thats had it.

kazam
21-09-2007, 02:41 PM
nah i meant my boot