PDA

View Full Version : eg k20a - ECU - best option / brakes aswell

freewilly
20-09-2007, 01:39 PM
i know that everyone will problie say K-pro but guys at BEL have told me go a full aftermarket ECU...

need opinions and everyones thoughts as i will track the car and want it to stay N/A at least for another year or 2?

also having problems/thoughts about brake setups...
go 4x100 genuine spoon wheels(5 stud - the ones that rotaslipstreams copied)
and dont wanna give them up for 5stud conversion...

best options...?wilwood kit? spoon calipers n dba slotted rotors or dba slotted rotors and dc2r calipers?

cheapest/most efficient?

and Kpro...whos offering best prices and who would be good tuner 2 trust?

ohh need suspension...any ideas?
thinking buddyclub racing spec or cusco zero 2 coilovers..
anyone selling any?

btw...gimme points if you think post is good?kinda need em

hinezz
20-09-2007, 03:34 PM
my opinion on ur setup.

stud pattern - keep it 4x100
wheels - maybe 15's or 16s.
brakes - wilwood kit
full standalone ecu - motec or autronic sm4
coilovers - buddyclub RSD's

ps keep the K20 n/a, its gud enough !
thats jst me :)

riceball
20-09-2007, 03:59 PM
my opinion on ur setup.

stud pattern - keep it 4x100
wheels - maybe 15's or 16s.
brakes - wilwood kit
full standalone ecu - motec or autronic sm4
coilovers - buddyclub RSD's

ps keep the K20 n/a, its gud enough !
thats jst me :)

Coming from the guy who is boosting his K series.

mr_vtec
20-09-2007, 04:02 PM
i got the 5 lug dam they hold up good but i done it jsut for looks and ecu k100 or k-pro is fine..

aslo personally i think DYNO DAVE IS THE BEST TUNER AROUND FOR HONDAS AND K SERIES...

if u need daves details just give me a pm...

hassy

freewilly
21-09-2007, 10:32 AM
ok k-pro it is for now...
got 15" spoon wheels
wilwood kit
BC racing spec coilovers

thanks for help with that

Zdster
21-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I would not go the Wilwood kit unless you have one of the newest kits. Besides reliability, they old ones dont come with dust seals and if you ever decide to have the car engineered the odds of having it pass are near to impossible.

Benson
21-09-2007, 12:14 PM
If you are gonig for the occasional circuit days and spirited run and want to retain 4x100 you could put the itr calipers and rotors on the 4x100 hub with some slight modification. Then upgrade the booster and MC to the ITR one. (Very IMPORTANT).
Im using stock EG braking system and jsut upgrade the MC and booster and it made a huge difference in pedal feel, give me more confident.

As for ECU hondata K-pro would be the best for both street and circuit. easy to tune and upload MAPs. If you are a rich mofo go for moltec. As for a good tuner for the hondata, Dynodave is one of the most repectable person in the honda tuning scene in Australia. Just look at his customer cars achievements and there review after the tunes, they speak for themselves.

Do your research as well, there is heaps about brakes for honda. Best is to use OEM stuff. Spoon and willwood calipers are overrated. Not the best bang for buck products, but if you want bling and showoff, then i guess its worth the extra 1-2k.

As for suspension, i would recommend the tein flex followed by the cusco zero 2. From what i heard BC are really stiff and harsh. At the end of the day its personal preference
hope that helps

EG5
21-09-2007, 01:01 PM
If you are gonig for the occasional circuit days and spirited run and want to retain 4x100 you could put the itr calipers and rotors on the 4x100 hub with some slight modification. Then upgrade the booster and MC to the ITR one. (Very IMPORTANT).
Im using stock EG braking system and jsut upgrade the MC and booster and it made a huge difference in pedal feel, give me more confident.

As for ECU hondata K-pro would be the best for both street and circuit. easy to tune and upload MAPs. If you are a rich mofo go for moltec. As for a good tuner for the hondata, Dynodave is one of the most repectable person in the honda tuning scene in Australia. Just look at his customer cars achievements and there review after the tunes, they speak for themselves.

Do your research as well, there is heaps about brakes for honda. Best is to use OEM stuff. Spoon and willwood calipers are overrated. Not the best bang for buck products, but if you want bling and showoff, then i guess its worth the extra 1-2k.

As for suspension, i would recommend the tein flex followed by the cusco zero 2. From what i heard BC are really stiff and harsh. At the end of the day its personal preference
hope that helps

BC racing spec damper is not stif and harsh .
We had it on our egk20a , better ride for daily compared to Tein RA , cusco zero2. It can be set up stiff for circuit / drag use

fatboyz39
21-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Tein RA has a harder spring rate. Flex are awesome for street. Havn't used BC yet.

For brakes, Too retain 4 stud with good stopping power

-DC2 HUB (vti-r)
-282mm prelude ROTORS 4x114.3- redrill these to 4x100
-ITR calipers (shave 3mm off, any machine shop will do this)

-ITR booster/MC a MUST.
-Brake stopper

That is all for brakes. Civic's don't really need villwood and etc, there just for bling.

As for K-pro, i think everyone gets it for a base price. Tuner you can trust, Dynodave.

ALLMTR996
22-09-2007, 09:05 PM
i know that everyone will problie say K-pro but guys at BEL have told me go a full aftermarket ECU...

and Kpro...whos offering best prices and who would be good tuner 2 trust?

Funny that Bel told you aftermarket Dyno Dave tunes & installs Hondata for them these days I think you had better ring and ask Brian again and ask what the DC5R goes like they did this week.
ALLMTR996