PDA

View Full Version : EG and EK shocks

flipmods
01-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi just wondering if EG and EK shocks can be swapped without any mods. Sorry just new to the civic scene.

bennjamin
01-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi just wondering if EG and EK shocks can be swapped without any mods. Sorry just new to the civic scene.

The front EG and EK ( including DC) are exactly the same- and can be interchanged no problems.

But , the rear fork of some if not most EK shocks , is alittle too narrow for EG useage- simply over come by either shaving the rear EG LCA bushes alittle to accomidate- or to simply use EK LCA's ( Lower-Control_arms).
Apart from the rear fork issue- all should be fine to swap over.

flipmods
01-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks for that. Your a great help. Can I also ask if the Gli EK civic engine and mounts fit onto a EG civic?

bennjamin
01-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks for that. Your a great help. Can I also ask if the Gli EK civic engine and mounts fit onto a EG civic?

To the best of my knowledge, the engine mounts will fit but only upon the engine desginated for the mounts. Get proper engine mounts.

flipmods
02-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Once again Thanks, I just put a H22 in my bro's lude and the Vtec made me want to get one too, but since I already have a lude I bought a EG yesterday so I can put a B16 or B18 in it cause the civic looks like fun to drive.