PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Xenon HID help

andyhui01
21-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with installation on one of these on a car without the hi/lo single bulb function but the bulb actually has that function. (To make it simpler as what I said doesn't seem to make sense, I have a JDM Honda Prelude that uses H4 bulbs (low beam only) and a seperate one for high beam. However my HID kit comes with hi/lo Bixenon function (the relector reflects the light upwards).

I just got it installed at my mechanic today and after I got home, I realized the light actually goes to low (The reflector turns clockwise about 90degrees) before it turns off, which leads me to think that it is actually stuck on the high function. Is there anyone to turn this off, I tried finding a switch but there doesn't seem to be any, but there was this small black box (not a ballast, I checked and my FD with HID doesn't have it) that looks like it has a computer inside, could this be it? Like can I just unplug it and it will work?

I know most of you will say take it to the mechanic, but I would like to drive this car (it is my weekend car afterall), and getting a Canary because my HID is stuck on highbeam isn't exactly fun.

Any help would mean alot, thanks :D

bennjamin
21-09-2007, 10:53 PM
is it actually 2 dual bulbs with 4 ballasts , or is it just 2 ballasts ?
IF its the earlier you can simply remove the 2 ballast used for the HI

andyhui01
23-09-2007, 08:47 PM
na.... its a single bulb with a reflector I believe, so it activates high beam by reflecting the light higher

Professional
28-09-2007, 01:53 AM
I think the small black box is a Relay. For the Hi/Low bean in one HID bulb, it should have a small motor behind the HID bulb. When you turn to high bean, it will adjust the light bulb higher. When you turn to low bean, it will adjust the light bulb lower. Also, when you install the HID, you need to adjust the head lamp to make sure the right focus.