PDA

View Full Version : Body filler

Hacs
22-09-2007, 03:29 AM
hi all,

not sure if there is a thread on this one? but any help is much appreciated.

i wna take the "H" and "Civic" badge off the hatch-door of my car but, i know that when i do it will leave two holes, respectively.

mmm.. i was told body filler is a good way of patching up the holes? then when it sets, just respray.

im not so 100% on this product but how would anyone else go about covering-up the holes?

cheers

ps: i wna remove the badge coz i wna have that clean look. not a big fan of badges :o

SPEEDCORE
22-09-2007, 10:57 AM
The Civic badge is a stick on, so no holes left behind.
The H badge has two holes that are like bunged with like a plastic bushing like thing.

Considering your car is red.... when you take off the civic badge and H badge there will be considerable fade of the paint. If you are looking for that "clean" look as you say.... you looking at having to get the hatch resprayed. If that is the case..... let the body shop take care of filling in the holes.

My advice would be to take the civic badge off first, get the residue of teh glue off then stand back and see how bad the paint has faded.

BATRB-6
22-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi Hacs,
Options :
1. If badge is removed considerable fade will be left behind.

2. Cutting compound & a quick polish will remove old years of fade.

3. Take badge off, Remove inner trim and duck tape holes from the in side if you don't mind noticeable holes from the out side.

4. Call a mobile paint & body repairer for a touch up at half the cost & time of a panel shop.

5. Let the body shop take care of filling in the holes.

Hacs
22-09-2007, 05:11 PM
thanks guys, best option i think may be to badge it myself then take it to body shop to fill in holes then respray.

thanks for the help guys, cheerz

lenz
11-10-2007, 07:56 PM
if you gona repaint it just give it couple welds in the hole to cover it up