PDA

View Full Version : stupid plastic moulding clips

agent86
24-09-2007, 12:26 AM
im in the process of stipping my eg ready for a full respay (original color), and already ive broken more then 30 plastic clips, in all areas from sill mouldings to roof moulding. its not like ive been brutal in actual fact ive been extreamly careful, its like you have no choice but to brake them.

so now after the damage is done i would like to kno the right way to take all moulding and outer door handles (a real bitich) off if there is such a way.. secondly the best and cheapest place to buy replacement clips...

i kno body shops use silastic to put every thing back together, but to me thats real doggie especaily if my intentions is to keep the car for a long time and in the most original condition possible

thanks fellas,

1996ek1
24-09-2007, 01:42 AM
For side mouldings, you have to remove the interior pannels (door lining, back seats arm rest large piece of plastic that is also the boot lining (for an EK hatch anyway) etc) then you can acctually see the backs of the moulding, they have clips that you have to squeeze together, then push them through.

VT3C
24-09-2007, 09:30 PM
as the EG is getting pretty old now I find that the clips plastic is just getting brittle from age and exposure to heat/light fluctuations etc. nomatter how gentle you are chances are many are gonna break.

best place for these clips is your local Honda dealership (spare parts dept).. you'll find the replacement parts are very reasonably priced and should still stock the necessary trim clips for your EG (and even EF). just take down the broken ones and they will match em..

do u have pics of the inside of your roof with the lining removed ?

agent86
25-09-2007, 12:24 AM
sorry vt3c, i didnt want to remove the roof lining in case i risk braking more clips. but thnks heaps for the info..