PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civics 1.3 litres???pls help pls help.......

mivec-stopa
01-08-2004, 11:16 PM
hey guys,
i'evd been shoppin around for a honda civic 92-95 hatch manual red,yellow, grey or black and my budget is 5-7k, lately i checked 3 cars already and they are all 1.3 litres??is this the model "breeze" or sumthing?? is this a good buy considering i only got 7k?? theres gli and si aswell but there all auto, sedan or either there colour white...as my dads car is civic sedan gl white auto..
can you give me more details & specs about this 1.3 litres engine is this the same KW output as the gli..and is this a reliable engine?? plus i dont mind buying it as after maybe 6-8 months i would do a engine conversion to the car is this possible to do if you got 1.3??sorry for all the questions as i am new to honda civics...just sold my wrx as i needed the money to buy house so gettin started on civics...
plese help me on this one ASAP...
thanx

[[d a n n y]]
01-08-2004, 11:24 PM
lol the breeze is a nugget...
in sydney...u can pick up a Si for 7K
i used to have a breeze too but not for long...
it's good for a 1.3L but not good...
pissy lil POS crap in 1 words...
good base for a conversion

Muckafutha
01-08-2004, 11:26 PM
breeze came in 1.5l too. but of course if u are doing a conversion then go for the cheapest breeze u can find i tink

mivec-stopa
01-08-2004, 11:28 PM
so is it very slow???i just wana know as i can live with it for 6 months or so,...hehe nah seriously is this engine reliable????

[[d a n n y]]
01-08-2004, 11:28 PM
they did ?

1.5L r the GL's i am pretty sure..
dual carby...
1.3L breeze..
engine is yes reliable..
but dont rev the fuk out of it...cuz it doesnt like it..
i learnt my lesson..

Muckafutha
01-08-2004, 11:32 PM
im pretty sure there's a 1.5 cos i owned one. but maybe its only the later models. mine was 94. anyway danny is rite dun rev the shit cos mine had a problem wif the carbs flooding and stalling for no reason after a good fang

but i had it for a while and can say it was a good workhorse
goes and goes....was my first car too so i loved it heaps

geo41e
01-08-2004, 11:45 PM
yeah..if u take care of the GLs eg models..thjey will last long....start every time no doubt

and yeah..dun rev em too hard

mivec-stopa
01-08-2004, 11:48 PM
how much would you think to do a conversion lets say type r engine or maybe vtir integra engine..???is it hard to turbo it?

SIKCVC
02-08-2004, 12:22 AM
A CTR (civic type R) engine costs a lot more than a Teg VTi-R engine. But danny's the best man to talk to about conversion cost wise, then add on an extra $500-1000 for Teg VTi-R another $1000 for type R ontop of that.

SiR JDM
02-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Yea i had a 1.3 breeze too, not for long as i did the same as danny..

I picked mine up here in melb for a shy over 5k so i was happy with that, gave me enough left over to do my conversion, again, like danny

the early (91,92 i think) breezes came as 1.3 single carbi, and the later EG Breezes were 1.5 dual carbis... if u want exact figures, check www.redbook.com.au and it will tell u almost all the basic info on any local car, just dont go looking for any imports on there :P

I had mine a week :P, but in that time it was a very nice, quiet, and just a gernally pleasing car to drive.. no troubles or hassels wat so ever... i did give it a bit of a cainin as i knew i was chuckin in my b16 at the end of the week, which i guess wasn't very kind to the gearbox .. (i think i chipped a tooth or 2 :P) but yea.. for a daily driver with a small ammount of cash.. sure its a good car.. Just dont expect the options a GL has, such as central locking, immobolizer, power windows and mirrors and non-colour coded mirros and door handles... all the reasons why the breeze is a cheaper alternative
If you are only going use it for 6 months and then sell it, or do an engine swap, its a worth it.. i vouch for the breeze =)

As for the conversion, use the search n find a topic thats covered *which conversion is best for my EG* its been done heaps! :P..
I think generally prices go (well atleast wat ive been quoted incl. labour) :
b16a (SIR): 5000-6000
b16b (civic TypeR): 7000-8000
b18c (vti-r): 6000-8000
b18cR (Integra TypeR): 8000-10000

although u can sometimes get it cheaper.. a friend of mine picked up a ITR 1/2 cut for 4.8k and i got my b16a cheaply (3k incl. labour) but thats another story and i dont recommend goin that way!

And in regard to turboing it, its an expensive job.. ive yet to see a turbo conversion done for less than 7k, and ud need a better engine block than a 1.3 carbi to turbo, it wouldn't handle it too long... plus, and guys correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure ud need a EFI to turbo charge?

All in all, do a search theres PLENTY of info on this site especially about civics =)

Weq
02-08-2004, 12:57 PM
And in regard to turboing it, its an expensive job.. ive yet to see a turbo conversion done for less than 7k, and ud need a better engine block than a 1.3 carbi to turbo, it wouldn't handle it too long... plus, and guys correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure ud need a EFI to turbo charge?

Ahem.. mine was much less the 7k. Ur rigjht though, if u wanna turbo something, look at the VTi/Si model, because the carby in the breeze is useless. Another alternative would be to do a d16 conversion, then turbo it. engine/gearbox/wiring run foir about $800, that gives u plenty to spend on a nice turbo setup.

[[d a n n y]]
02-08-2004, 01:00 PM
for got the carby to EFI conversion too mate

add another 500 on top for the fuel lines and fuel tank

Toby
02-08-2004, 02:59 PM
so is it very slow???

Yes, but if your doing a conversion who cares :wink:

is this engine reliable????

Its Honda so yes :D

is it hard to turbo it?

Why would you want to do a silly thing like that :roll: If you put a B18C in a small car like an EG its gonna move really fast already 8)

mivec-stopa
02-08-2004, 06:15 PM
thanks for the reply guys...i just finish looking at a honda breeze car this avo..its got 200 sumfin kms on it its pretty high so i think i let it go..and find another one..actually tomz im seeing a gl model 1.5.. so yeah...

another question can you guys give me the model of each engine as i am so confused about b16,b18,d16 etc....pls

thanks..

[[d a n n y]]
02-08-2004, 06:42 PM
b16a/b out of civic b16a SIR for EG VTIR for EK
b18c TEG motors
D16 Si or Vti motors

SiR JDM
02-08-2004, 07:38 PM
and d13 is the might breeze =)