PDA

View Full Version : Adhesive for rear wing?

Kazaf
24-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Today I was trying to remove the rear wing, and as I unbolted them, I noticed it had some sort of sticky adhesive.

Just wondering if the adhesives were originally applied onto all cars by Honda, or was the previous owner super cautious of it falling off?

kol_m_53100
24-09-2007, 03:26 PM
i have the same sticky thing on my dc5r rear wing,if i dont reapply the sticky thing as i often remove my wing, water leaks inside via spoiler holes...

xtat1k
24-09-2007, 05:51 PM
i had that sticky thing too. i scratched it off and applied those grommits =)

DR HONDA
24-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I dont know the name of the tape of hand but you can buy it easily through 3M at an affordible price.

xtc.thai
24-09-2007, 10:34 PM
the dc2r comes stock with spoiler and would be fitted with bolts as well as adhesive, if your wing is optional and you decide you want it, the mechanics at the dealer will do the same adhesive + bolts. they also do that to rear lips, side skirts and front lip.

use prepsole to remove the adhesive but quickly wash it down afterwards as it can affect the paint.

hope that helps

jdm_kid
24-09-2007, 11:40 PM
dont forget to polish n wax it after (:

markoJEK1
25-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Yes that adhesive is usually a pretty strong industrial type double-tape, I have fitted numerous spoilers at my work not hondas though :P , and yes the adhesive could really hold the spoiler on imo on how strong it has been when Ive come across it when having to remove it, but of course the bolts are a much safer deal as well. With each factory spoiler that I know of, it should come with the adhesive on the base of the spoiler and obviously 2 bolts per side.

Kazaf
25-09-2007, 02:19 PM
I agree it's very strong, I took the bolt outs and it's stuck on so tight I cannot use the might of my arms to remove it!
haha Will give it a try tonight.

What can be used to cover the holes temporarily?

zpreme
25-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Go to Clark Rubber or equivalent and ask for blanking grommets

xtat1k
25-09-2007, 11:23 PM
i just pulled mine off. lol

yourfather
25-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Today I was trying to remove the rear wing, and as I unbolted them, I noticed it had some sort of sticky adhesive.

Just wondering if the adhesives were originally applied onto all cars by Honda, or was the previous owner super cautious of it falling off?

its to seal the holes from moisture getting into your boot and to stop the plastic cracking ur paint and shit off with vibrations.

you can use a bit of vinyl, worked for me for a while

xntrik
26-09-2007, 02:37 PM
LOL, another person trying to remove the DC2-R spoiler without realizing theres adhesive on it.

JaCe
30-09-2007, 02:02 PM
lol even Honda Modulo spoilers on Civics have very strong adhesive... took a long time, 2 guys, and various techniques such as fishing wire just to get the spoiler off my Honda spoiler yesterday.... then came time to clean up the adhesive.