PDA

View Full Version : EG headlight too high

connorling
25-09-2007, 02:03 PM
hi, dun know if anyone else got the same problem, but my headlight is too high(ie: no light appear on the floor), does anyone know how to lower it down, even i use extra bright light globes, still cant see crap.:thumbdwn:

markoJEK1
25-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Are they stock or aftermarket headlights, Imo after market headlights make the adjustment screw/bolt more obvious so the owner can see it and spot it quicker, but if they are factory headlights, have a look around there should be a screw/bolt positioned near or next to the bulb behind the healight obviously, first of all I would check that the bulbs are correctly in and secured by the pin at the back before you try adjusting the angle .

connorling
25-09-2007, 02:10 PM
its just stock, the headlight is kind of hard to reach on one side, but i have manage to get the light in, i can see the screw inside the light box, but dun know what it is

EuroDude
25-09-2007, 03:32 PM
There should be two gear-like screws down some holes on top of the headlight housing. Get a large philips head screwdriver and turn the gears in the hole. One gear is horizontal adjustment, the other is vertical. This information should be in your Honda Manual

So you dont blind oncoming traffic, follow these instructions to get the aiming correct:
http://automedia.com/Aiming_Headlights/ccr20010801ha/1

tseesinngwailo
25-09-2007, 04:16 PM
There should be two gear-like screws down some holes on top of the headlight housing. Get a large philips head screwdriver and turn the gears in the hole. One gear is horizontal adjustment, the other is vertical. This information should be in your Honda Manual

So you dont blind oncoming traffic, follow these instructions to get the aiming correct:
http://automedia.com/Aiming_Headlights/ccr20010801ha/1 Is this a US site? wouldnt we be aiming ours to the left?? but its a great writeup, will be trying this on the wifes EG, it seems to be suffering the same issues, Cheers Chris