PDA

View Full Version : CDs stuck in stacker

vxexec
25-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Our 04 Accord Luxury has an issue with the CD stacker.

It appears that the last CD that was loaded has not fed correctly. Now it not only doesn't pay any CDs but it will not allow any to be ejected.

Has anybody experienced this before? Any fixes?

Otherwise, would anyone know how to remove the stereo unit??

aaronng
25-09-2007, 05:15 PM
You'll have to bring it to the dealer...

panda[cRx]
25-09-2007, 10:20 PM
if it's still under warranty take it to your dealer (westside?) for them to have a quick check.
normally the process if for them to order in a changeover unit, then when it arrives they swap it over for you and send the faulty one off to the audio unit manufacturer (panasonic, kenwood, pioneer etc). the audio manufacturer then sends the stuck cd's back in the mail.

most of the honda audio unit repair centres are based in syd so it can take a week or two for the dealer to get the changeover unit or to get your discs back.

if it's out of warranty they will quote it up and call you. your other option is to get a second hand unit and DIY or something as the price of new units from honda is ridiculous

J-TODA
25-09-2007, 11:43 PM
yer had the same problem about 2month ago...

was using burnt cds..and seemed to have gotten jammed

basically the [FIRST] time it is under warranty...no charge...

however after that,if the head unit is found to have BURNT cds in it...causing it to jam...it will not be replaced under warranty...

advice given by honda service..was burn cds with 12 or less songs....less likely chance of gettting jammed...not sure y this is...bt yer...

EuroAccord13
26-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Mine went bonkers before, all my six CDs got stuck... Replaced under warranty from the dealer, you will have to have the whole unit replaced...

tony1234
26-09-2007, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=advice given by honda service..was burn cds with 12 or less songs....less likely chance of gettting jammed...not sure y this is...bt yer...[/QUOTE]
Wonder why that has anything to do with a CD jamming?:confused:does anyone here know?Also i can't see why burnt CDs are more likely to jam than ones bought from a music store!Aren't they all burnt onto the disc?

panda[cRx]
26-09-2007, 08:14 AM
the disc thickness varies slightly in most cases, burnt cds especially those with labels are usually thicker.

stick on labels are also a no-no because the heat of the player/stacker can cause the labels to loose adhesion and peel off

tim-e
26-09-2007, 06:06 PM
;1363279']the disc thickness varies slightly in most cases, burnt cds especially those with labels are usually thicker.

stick on labels are also a no-no because the heat of the player/stacker can cause the labels to loose adhesion and peel offDiscs may also be unreadable with a label on, probably due to the label causing light on the data side to not be correctly reflected back onto the head.

There are a number of benchmark results on sites like CD Freaks where there are many fatal read errors until the label is removed, then the number of errors drops significantly.

If you are having trouble with burned CDs, stick one in your PC and run Nero's test tool on it, and perhaps think about changing brands. Agreed that CD-R(W)s tend to be thicker than pressed discs, too.

aaronng
26-09-2007, 06:21 PM
It's not the label causing reflection problems. It's the label causing the discs to go off-balance and tilt when spinning at high RPM. That's when the beam doesn't get reflected back into the pickup.

tony1234
26-09-2007, 06:41 PM
The quality and or brand of the burnt CDs would,i think, be a major factor in them jamming in the head unit.

vxexec
26-09-2007, 09:36 PM
thanks for the replies.

sadly the car is out of warranty. hopefully it doesn't cost too much :(

J-TODA
26-09-2007, 10:11 PM
thanks for the replies.

sadly the car is out of warranty. hopefully it doesn't cost too much :(

ummm... i think ur better off gettin aftermarket unfortunately...
when it happened to me..the service department..said the whole unit was around 1k mark...not sure if this is bulllShiet..bt yer

EUR003act
30-09-2007, 12:13 AM
take it apart and remove the disc yourself, from memory when i re-did my dash you can actually open the cd stacker...

shouldnt be too hard to open the player up, it comes off the dash panels easily...

vxexec
06-10-2007, 09:31 PM
as it turns out, my wife inserted 7 discs in the stacker :thumbdwn:

the discs are now out but it is no longer accepting discs. This may get expensive :(