PDA

View Full Version : Noises in the dark...

Integra21
26-09-2007, 11:25 AM
hey i was wondering if any one could help, as i was cleaning my car last night i noticed that it was making a strange noise. (While the car was off) it comes from the back under neath the car and its comes up every 2 to 3 minutes like a phone vibrating.... really odd.. maybe something electrical...any thoughts???? :eek:

traumatized
26-09-2007, 11:54 AM
could it be that your handbrake wasn't up fully? causing the noise although it sounds more like a creaking noise than a phone vibrating if it was the handbrake that was causing the noise.

did you just come from a drive just before you started cleaning out your car? could also be from your exhuast.

Integra21
26-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I first thought it could be from my exhaust but i had stopped driving it for at least an hour and a half....could that still be the cause of it, it was abit of a drive bfore hand....maybe abit over an hour driving...?

traumatized
26-09-2007, 01:57 PM
yeah it could be, if the drive was a fairly long one the exhaust does not cool down fast at all. if you ever have opened up your bonnet and put your hands close to your extractor it is still warmish so the exhaust would be the same.

Integra21
26-09-2007, 03:08 PM
okk thanks for that i started to get a little worried :D

traumatized
26-09-2007, 03:42 PM
i don't kow if its possible but one night that you havent driven the car go into it and listen to see if there are any noises still..

also hop into your car at night and move around if you get noises doing that it might be as i stated above the handbrake which may not be fully up or needs adjustment.

i'm not 100% sure if the noise you are referring to is the exhaust noise or not but i think of anything esle.. unless there was a mozzy in the car that you could hear, which does sound similar to a phone vibrating hehe

Integra21
26-09-2007, 06:09 PM
haha i thought it was the trucks driving by on the motor way near my house but i thought it sounded alittle to close lol till i stuck my head under the car and herd it.

I will have to give it a go, i think im leaning more towards the exhaust... thanks for your help ;)

traumatized
26-09-2007, 06:21 PM
np anytime.

Boydi!
28-09-2007, 07:19 AM
My EG civic does this as well, Except I always thought it sounded like a ship out at sea blowing its steam horns except much quieter of course. It made the noise more after a good thrashing on the way home along with intermittent cracking an popping sounds I always put it down to the exhaust being cooled down by the cold night air or something.

Integra21
28-09-2007, 10:33 AM
a ship out at sea blowing its steam horns lolol ok so its nothing bad awesome :D

JasonGilholme
28-09-2007, 11:05 AM
normally your exhaust will make a ticking sound when its cooling down.

It sounds like it could be your fuel tank venting the gasses once the car is off. (Evap system)

Either way its totally normal. Either that or your car is haunted.

SPEEDCORE
28-09-2007, 11:16 AM
The missus' EK does this sound too.... tis not the zorst.

[HIREVZ]
28-09-2007, 11:53 AM
fuel pump maybe? i usto have a 4wd not long ago an once u turn it on reds u could hear a 15sec vibrating noise from rear, first thought it was the antennae but it didnt have a electrical antenna one of my mechanic friends said it was the fuel pump. he could be talking shit though

JasonGilholme
28-09-2007, 12:08 PM
yeah fuel pump will normally make a vibrating sound for a short while but not 1.5 hours afterwards.

Integra21
28-09-2007, 01:29 PM
either way its not a bad thing? because i herd it release some air once i turned it of straight away i went to go pick up my dog and as i was near the floor i herd it like a little release of air come from somewere....... could this be related to the vibrating?

JasonGilholme
28-09-2007, 01:37 PM
yeah :thumbsup: