PDA

View Full Version : DIT request: mugen grille installation FD1 civic

cracker
26-09-2007, 08:10 PM
how to install a grille on a fd1 civic who knows how?

Shimian
26-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I did a quick write up before. Link below, extracted the info.

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69309&page=4

If this is the grille you are talking about, this is my HOW TO. It may give you an idea.

Remove the stock chrome grille by removing the studs which removes the top rubbery cover. You will need to remve the studs on the sides wall of the engine bay. This will allow you to lift the whole rubbery top over off. Then you need to remove 3 (from memory) studs that are located at the bottom of the grille. Once you completely remove the stock grille, give it a clean.

When you install the mesh onto the grill, leave about 1cm excess at the bottom part of the grille. Meaning when you cut it to shape, you leave enough mesh so that you can bend it to a right angle of the grille. When you place it on the car, you need to bend the excess mesh so that it doesnt scratch your car body but make it rest on top of it. Then i used cable ties to go around the whole grille and tied it to the body. I think I used about 5 all up. 2 were on the sides and 3 along the bottom. You will see where you can tie it down.

Once you have securely fastened the grille, put the rubbery top back on. Becareful with the middle stud as u cannot just push down on it or the top part of the grille will flex and snap. So 1 hand you will need to push the stud down and the other hand go from the engine side - under the rubbery top - and hold the griile by pushing upwards. So ur action is one is pushing up and the other is pushing down. This part took me like 20min as i didnt want to force it. Eventually you will hear a snap and WALLAH, its in. Then just replace everything back as you removed it

As you can see, i didnt use any double sided tape and it nice and tight. This is when/if i decide to remove it in the future, i wont have to go through the pain of removing the 3m tape.

cracker
28-09-2007, 06:06 PM
nice..............................nice............ ...