27-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Is it just me, or cant i +Rep people no more

Wheres the button?

aimre
27-09-2007, 01:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/rep.jpg

EK4R
27-09-2007, 02:06 AM
same here. i think they might changed the rules? cos people are abusing it?

im just guessing

aaronng
27-09-2007, 02:17 AM
Yup, removed because there were people abusing it.

Vinnie
27-09-2007, 07:47 AM
so is it goin to go back to where only moderators have the power to issue them, or is the system going altogther? in any case, shame it was misused...

hinezz
27-09-2007, 08:06 AM
hope this doesnt disappoint the newcomers
so only mods can give rep points now?

panda[cRx]
27-09-2007, 08:09 AM
either reinstate it fully or remove it imo, no point in doing it half assed

aaronng
27-09-2007, 08:11 AM
It's been disabled for the normal member group because they were the ones misusing it. It is still active for the moderators as they are in a different group.

;1364785']either reinstate it fully or remove it imo, no point in doing it half assed

It's effectively stopped unless a mod is feeling very nice.

Waggy
27-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Then why not reset everyone to zero to be fair? All the abused points are still active to the users they were given to.

dc2dc2dc2
27-09-2007, 12:29 PM
I agree with panda.

Get rid of it .
Or keep it.

Don't do this halfway crap.

xtercii
27-09-2007, 01:53 PM
haha I did see some ppl's green blocks grew outta proportion and I don't see them posting that much...

aaronng
27-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Only the admin can remove points, we can't do that. Although we do wish that we could as we know who were the ones abusing the PQ system.

wynode
27-09-2007, 10:51 PM
;1364785']either reinstate it fully or remove it imo, no point in doing it half assed
It's not 'half arsed' it's been disabled temporarily. It was working fine till people abused it.

It's disabled to stop people abusing it more and while we bring things back to normal (looking at stripping people who abused it of all points and even putting them back to Newcommer status).

Once we're happy that it's harder for people to use we'll reinstate it.

blk_shadow
27-09-2007, 11:58 PM
I c...so this is why.

I've been wondering too for a while that the button's gone missing..

panda[cRx]
28-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Only the admin can remove points, we can't do that. Although we do wish that we could as we know who were the ones abusing the PQ system.

(looking at stripping people who abused it of all points and even putting them back to Newcommer status).

just ban em already or just take their posting privileges away has half of em are spammers anyway

Once we're happy that it's harder for people to use we'll reinstate it.

'use' or 'abuse'?

we don't want it to be harder to use as half the noobs are confused about it as is.

preludacris
28-09-2007, 10:47 PM
yeah i was wondering where it went. i wanted to give some +reps for good posts.

its definatlely a good feature tho. encourages ppl to help out more.

strip all rep points from the abusers i rkn...

Shimian
29-09-2007, 12:29 AM
I dont really care whether i get these rep points or not. But i did 2 DIY posts where i got reps from fellow members. Those are now gone from my User CP status. So those reps for DIY are considered abuse? Sorry, just some clarification on how to get rep points

aaronng
29-09-2007, 12:38 AM
I dont really care whether i get these rep points or not. But i did 2 DIY posts where i got reps from fellow members. Those are now gone from my User CP status. So those reps for DIY are considered abuse? Sorry, just some clarification on how to get rep points

They are still counted if your points were not removed for being an abuser. They just don't show up on userCP anymore because its been disabled.

Edit: Just checked, you still have your points for your DIY. :)

Shimian
29-09-2007, 12:52 AM
ahh ok. So how come some show in CP and some dont? Sorry, noob here

aaronng
29-09-2007, 12:57 AM

Not sure. I checked your PQ history and the ones with "great DIY" and similar comments are still there.

ECU-MAN
29-09-2007, 11:08 PM

its just the way the system is

I can only see 5 entries in my cp. soem times its 20 some times its 5.

krogoth
30-09-2007, 09:49 PM
^lol, good thing they dont show all ur rep points in user cp, ey john?

ud have like 500 pages, lmao

jasonb
01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
surely the mods do ,and they could fix it

ACTI0NMAN-1
01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
so does this affect newcomers who have been working to get pq points to sell their wares?

wynode
08-10-2007, 08:07 PM
its just the way the system is

I can only see 5 entries in my cp. soem times its 20 some times its 5.

It has been reduced to 5 as of when the system was first abused a few weeks ago.

so does this affect newcomers who have been working to get pq points to sell their wares?

Not too sure what you mean?

Check this thread f (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1376386#post1376386)or updates on the system.

krogoth
08-10-2007, 08:21 PM
heez talking about how it may be much more difficult for new comers to get PQ points so they can sell stuff

traumatized
08-10-2007, 08:33 PM
as stated previously, i think its a good idea to have as people seem more inclined to help out other members with their knowledge they have, as they get credit for helping others out.

at this stage mods are only allowed to give out points but unfortunately this disavantages other members who have helped others with good informative information and cannot get some credit for it like others have in the past.

i know mods only have the forum in their best interest to stop abusers of the system, so hopefully something can be done soon to get this issue resolved.

just my 2 cents i guess

wynode
09-10-2007, 08:12 AM
at this stage mods are only allowed to give out points but unfortunately this disavantages other members who have helped others with good informative information and cannot get some credit for it like others have in the past.

This is the case till we re-enable it for everyone with slightly tighter restrictions. That is the spread of PQ points is a bit harder than before. But given most members already have PQ points its not as hard to get one as it was when the system first started.