PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen civic model name

nerd
27-09-2007, 12:21 PM
searched and searched and can't find anything.

how rare are these cars and has anyone got any info or websites about them?

looking to build a track car

Setanta
27-09-2007, 11:39 PM
They are SBC Civics. Engines are EB1 (1170cc) EB2 (1226cc) EB3 (1226 with domed pistons and bigger valves similar to the EN1). There was also a 1500cc CVCC variant which was crap.

An ok track car but the track on them is narrow - AT (3gen) or ED/EF (4th gen) Civics are better for the track.

SBCs are better for Motorkhanas and Hillclimbs.

2G Swift GTis are better track cars. There was a whole series dedicated to them and race parts are plentiful.

A SBC starts you with 660kg and 55ps @ the flywheel. A GTi starts you with 820kg inc aircon weight and 100ps @ the flywheel.

95civic
27-09-2007, 11:44 PM
get onto 1stgencivic forum, there is a lot of info on there... People from all over the world help out...

Im currently working on a projet with a 79....

Setanta
27-09-2007, 11:51 PM
<--- has owned 11 first gens. From turbo'd to 130bhp twin-carb setups.

might have a clue :D

yourfather
28-09-2007, 12:02 AM
he didn't say you didn't know anything, but pointed the user in the direction of a suitable forum.

dont be so f*cking paranoid thinking everyone is having a go.

we really dont care if you've got 500,000,000,000 first gen civics.

Just give out good advice and dont be a cocky f*ckwit about it.

STTICH
28-09-2007, 12:11 AM
he didn't say you didn't know anything, but pointed the user in the direction of a suitable forum.

WTF's wrong wth u lol?

nerd
28-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Hill Climbs is what im really into, coming from mk1 VW Golfs here (have had 4 of them) one with a 2.0 8v mk3 GTI engine, 5sp, roll cage, harnesses, fully stripped interior, bilsteins, sachs clutch and a bunch of other stuff. That was a lot of fun but they are getting rare and harder to find parts nowa days. Was part of a VW forum with A55ET from Brisbane. Hey mate, not sure if you remember me but we ran into eachother at broadside i think it was?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/ckrt/asfasfa.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/ckrt/DSCF0069.jpg

I miss that car A LOT :(

Got a url for that 1st gen civic forum? Cant decide on what old school car to buy next, ive cut the list down to 1st gen civic, another mk1 golf or (not so old) pugeot 205 gti.. The Jazz is ok but soft (got some cusco coilovers coming in a few weeks though, that should make it a bit more 'abuser' friendly)

Setanta
28-09-2007, 04:58 PM

Ummm... sandy vag or something?

If you think that's paranoia then you have some serious social skills. Oh hang on, this much is obvious :D

Re giving out good advice... is that really what your post did? Do you understand the concept of irony?

timster1200
28-09-2007, 06:53 PM
searched and searched and can't find anything.

how rare are these cars and has anyone got any info or websites about them?

looking to build a track car

Loved these cars, my parents have one each and i used to have one. There are so many things you can do to them pending on what way you want to go. The best bang for buck method is to drop a honda city turbo engine into them, then with some simple bolt on mods eg, xhaust, intercooler you will have a mean car. The guys on cityturbo.com can help you out in relation to this as there are a few going roun. I also did this conversion and perhaps the biggest issue apart from finding an engine is how to do the wiring and changing to fuel injection, although the boys on city turbs seems to be working out how to chuck the city turbo head onto the EL (1600cc) Accoord engine, this would be cool.

This leads onto my next point, my mother has an eb2 which we put the EL motor into with Weber carb, xhaust, and cams, and although it is still hondamatic it still goes quite hard, also relatively torqy. What i know can be done and is what i plan in the future is to put an EK (1800) prelude engine into the civic and then do your bolt on mods. What i believe this would result in is quite a powerfull car and espeecially if you do some engine work... Leading onto next point

In my first engine conversion with my eb1 i did a worked 1200cc - we bored it out to 1450cc, extractors, xhaust, domed pistons, cams, port, polish, balanced, cross flow head, weber carb. This was wonderful to drive and back and you could have some much fun as it wasnt slow.

Now here is my proposal for the track car you can go down the path of the city turbo and work that however they are so damn rare if anything were to f*ck up you would have a terrible and expensive job of ressurecting it, hence why i sold my civic and got a CRX. In regards to the EL and EK motors which are from late 70's early 80's accoord and preludes, i reckon if you built one of then up it would be an awesome track car and full of torque. The engines arent that difficult (but thats not to say easy) to find, you just have to ring every wrecker you can see in the yellow pages.

Thats my 2 cents but these cars are extremely difficult to find these days, especially one that hasnt been destroyed by rust. I was outbid for one on ebay it only went for $255, and there is another one going around $500. If you keep a look out im sure you can find one. Pm me if you want to ask anything, otherwise try city turbo.com a lot of the 1st gen civic boys reside there now.

Setanta
28-09-2007, 08:48 PM
EW1 or 2 motors are a good swap too. 12 valve 1500cc - there have been one or two that were awesome to watch in the early 90s in group e club races. I think Ted Wrigg's was putting down 95KW at the front wheels when the car club had a dyno day.

Interestingly, the best swap I've seen so far is the D16 SOHC VTEC motor - 130ps out of the box. B16As and CRVTEC 2.0 frankenstein motors are possible in gen 2 Civics and the measurements are there for an (unregistered) 1G.

My favourite road car was an EN1 block bored to 73mm, EN1 head with modified top mount, EN1 balanced crank rods and lightened flywheel, RS1200 5 speed gearbox, twin 35mm Dell 'Orto carbs (think mini webbers), Mugen R1 cam and regraphed EN1 dizzy. I just wish I hadn't sold my Bassini/Jackson Racing headers - they actually came out under the front bumper before heading under the car.

My plans when I eventually find a sevicable SBC is to do the D16 swap.