PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic oil drain plug

V205
27-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi,

Anyone here use a magnetic oil drain plug for their Euro? Is it worth the effort?

Thanks.

traumatized
27-09-2007, 02:52 PM
i wouldn't say it is much effort, just swap the bolt over on a oil change. i personally haven't used one on any of my cars but i read somewhere that it does catch some metal particals. that was a spoon one though, seen the ones on ebay don't know if they are any good or not.

_FeRiO_
27-09-2007, 03:40 PM
i put one on the other day. it wasn't a euro though.
But geez they are strong. it picks up everything. it even made it hard to put back it the drain hole.

mine was'nt even a brand name.

traumatized
27-09-2007, 04:37 PM
i put one on the other day. it wasn't a euro though.
But geez they are strong. it picks up everything. it even made it hard to put back it the drain hole.

mine was'nt even a brand name.

where did you get yours from?

ZamueL
27-09-2007, 04:49 PM
JDM Concept sell them.
i have not used them personally (YET)
but will most likely buy one for the hell of it. it would be interesting to
see how much crap is stuck to it during an oil change

Link to JDM Concept magnetic plug (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JS-RACING-MAGNETIC-BOLT-HONDA-CIVIC-INTEGRA-EURO-JAZZ_W0QQitemZ290164482586QQihZ019QQcategoryZ43807 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem)

Only $29 seems like an ok deal to me ( free post too )

_FeRiO_
27-09-2007, 05:27 PM
where did you get yours from?

got mine from a trader here. Modproject.

around 20 something bucks pick-up.

aaronng
27-09-2007, 08:18 PM
The Euro has an aluminium alloy engine block with alloy pistons as well. The only metal you will pick up are from the cylinder liner (if there are any, they are very fine, less than 0.5mm in size), or from your valvetrain.

To me, it is not worth it, but since the magnetic plug is cheap, just try it out and let us know what it collects.

EUR003act
27-09-2007, 11:47 PM
The Euro has an aluminium alloy engine block with alloy pistons as well. The only metal you will pick up are from the cylinder liner (if there are any, they are very fine, less than 0.5mm in size), or from your valvetrain.

To me, it is not worth it, but since the magnetic plug is cheap, just try it out and let us know what it collects.

you know way too much about the euro... in a good way :honda: