PDA

View Full Version : Idling too high

[JDM DC2]
28-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi, yesterday after driving to to shopping centre, while I was looking for parking my idle jumped to about 2k and wouldnt die down, since then whenever im driving and change gears the revs falls very slowly and it stills idle at 2k rpm. This morning I took off my IACV and FITV and cleaned them both aswell as my T/B but nothing has changed. The only way I can get my idle to go down is to quickly rev it to about 6500rpm and then let go, and it will go down to about 1.5k rpm but as soon as I drive again, It will go back to idling at 2k rpm.

I am not sure what else It could be as I have also checked that the accelerator cable is not snagged. I have a VAFC II and I am not sure if resetting the ECU would erase any tuning configuration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Jeremy..

Limo
28-09-2007, 02:40 PM
is this only when its cold or warm? or both?

domin8
28-09-2007, 03:20 PM
is it on both something is wrong witht he engine if its on cold then every car would have that gotta WARM the baby up :D

[JDM DC2]
28-09-2007, 05:40 PM
its on both, warm and cold.. I was at a friends house before and we were trying to find out wat was wrong. The engine wasn't throwing any codes but I think It may be the MAP sensor. My other friend is coming over later and im gonna borrow his MAP sensor of his teg and see if it fixes the problem.. hopefully :D

[JDM DC2]
28-09-2007, 08:35 PM
ahhh tried my friends map sensor and car is still same.. mmm anyone else know what it could be?

Spicey
28-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Air leak? Check for a sucking noise when the engine is running and try spraying around your inlet manifold with carby/throttle body/brake cleaner and see if the revs change. If they do, voila, air leak. (dont spray it around your pod or anything if you have one, as the revs WILL change)

fatboyz39
29-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Sounds like an air leak if your not getting any ECU codes.

Take off the intake arm and put your hand over the throttle body. If the car idles then you have a air leak, if idle drops then stalls then no air leak look elsewhere.

NSPYRE
29-09-2007, 12:53 PM
long shot, but maybe faulty thermostat? is ur temperature reading at operating temperature or does it stay on cold?

resetting ur ECU will NOT erase the settings on ur VAFC. only way to erase settings is to choose the 'Initialize' option on the unit.

NSPYRE
29-09-2007, 01:29 PM
advanced timing doesnt cause idle to increase...

[JDM DC2]
29-09-2007, 05:53 PM
thanks for all the help, i think it is an air leak. I didn't have time to take off the intake arm today but if I listen very carefully I can hear a hissing sound which didnt use to be there. It sounds like its coming from the middle of behind the engine where alot of hoses are.. I jus dnt noe which one :| will hav to have another shot 2moro at trying to find it

Limbo
29-09-2007, 08:27 PM
cool but if that doesn't work i use to have problems with my stepper motor when it was fault. It caused the car to idle high also, as it didn't close or something. It made the car idle as if it was always cold.