PDA

View Full Version : CRX gear box in civic

m2h
19-10-2003, 01:51 PM
is those CRX gear box better than the civic one? do they have the LSD?
i am talking about the 2nd gen CRX and the 4th gen CIvic

one more chance
19-10-2003, 02:02 PM
all depends on what engine it is....but honda gearboxes are very tough from the factory, one of the best in the business! :thumbsup:

Setanta
19-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Both are D series engines and given that the Yanks often keep their 4G Civic gearoxes when doing the ZC/D16 Twin-Cam conversion, the answer is yes, it will bolt up (although your gear ratios will change). They don't come with a LSD - it was a Quaife/Mugen option however. The box is a bit stronger and will handle up to 200bhp (Mugen spec motors), I don't know for how long they handle it though :)

Cheers

one more chance
19-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Both are D series engines and given that the Yanks often keep their 4G Civic gearoxes when doing the ZC/D16 Twin-Cam conversion, the answer is yes, it will bolt up (although your gear ratios will change). They don't come with a LSD - it was a Quaife/Mugen option however. The box is a bit stronger and will handle up to 200bhp (Mugen spec motors), I don't know for how long they handle it though :)

Cheers

:thumbsup:

mr crex
20-10-2003, 12:13 AM
are you after a D series gearbox ?

I have a recently rebuilt L3 gearbox still bolted to my old d16a8 engine if your interested :) hehe