PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey 3rd row seat room?

bigdongers
28-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Can anyone with a current model Odyssey comment on the 3rd row seating room? will it fit adults or is it a kiddies only seat?

I am looking to trade in a Jazz for an Odyssey. Whats the difference with the 08 spec models that are available now?

evolution
29-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Third row can fit 2 adults comfortably, but getting in and out from the 3rd row not as easy as compared to other MPVs, eg Tarago, but that said, ODC is the sleekest so far available

Don't think that 2008 has any difference from the 2006 models, there are differences between the 2004 and 2006 models, but diff only cosmetic I think. These are the more obvious diffs that I can see..

1) The position of the side mirrors
2) Front bumper
3) Tail lights (2006 have LED lights)
4) For Lux model interior, 2004-2005 comes with only beige leather+wood grain, 2006 onwards, Alabester Silver and I think Muave Grey come with black leather + black wood grain.

Engine and equipment wise can't see any diff .

If I have left out anything or mis-informed, other ODC owners, please feel free to add on

Can anyone with a current model Odyssey comment on the 3rd row seating room? will it fit adults or is it a kiddies only seat?

I am looking to trade in a Jazz for an Odyssey. Whats the difference with the 08 spec models that are available now?

bigdongers
29-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the comments. I know the differences between the 06 and 04 models but I remember someone mentioning here that the 08's received a very minor change mainly on the interior. not sure what these were exactly.

We have a MDX in the family and the 3rd row is a quite tight. Hopefully the ODC will be more comfy back there.

evolution
29-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Looking at the specs on the Honda Website, only new diff is that 2 other colurs come with the option of black leather. But to be sure just go to a dealership and have a test drive.

Thanks for the comments. I know the differences between the 06 and 04 models but I remember someone mentioning here that the 08's received a very minor change mainly on the interior. not sure what these were exactly.

We have a MDX in the family and the 3rd row is a quite tight. Hopefully the ODC will be more comfy back there.

jamchen
29-09-2007, 10:44 AM

Of course it would be much more easier to access to the 3rd row in a ODC than in a MDX... 4WD pretty much restricts the room inside the MDX...

But my ideal ODC will be with the 3.0 accord engine.. then that will be superb.. or otherwise i am afraid of been under-powered if you switch from a MDX...lol

evolution
29-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Yah can't argue with that...the current ODC does require abit more omph at times. But short of doing an Engine swap with a JDM Absolute spec ODC (40bhp more) or going down the force induction route, I'm afraid that that's as much power as you will get from the car

Of course it would be much more easier to access to the 3rd row in a ODC than in a MDX... 4WD pretty much restricts the room inside the MDX...

But my ideal ODC will be with the 3.0 accord engine.. then that will be superb.. or otherwise i am afraid of been under-powered if you switch from a MDX...lol

bigdongers
29-09-2007, 12:54 PM
the MDX is staying but my 03 Jazz VTiS is getting a little old and with a 11 month old, we have grown the appreciate the extra size a car like the ODC will provide.

is the 2nd row seat adjustable both sliding forward and rear and back rest? it wasnt in the MDX

evolution
30-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Yep 2nd row can slide forwards and backwards, it can also fold flat like the jazz if more cargo space is needed.

I really suggest going down to the dealership to have a play around in the car to help make up your mind.

Where abouts are you located? If you want, I can recommend a good sales person at Burswood Honda.

the MDX is staying but my 03 Jazz VTiS is getting a little old and with a 11 month old, we have grown the appreciate the extra size a car like the ODC will provide.

is the 2nd row seat adjustable both sliding forward and rear and back rest? it wasnt in the MDX

TonyB
13-04-2008, 11:53 PM
The current shape Ody will comfortably fit two grups on the third row, it is hardly first class luxury but I have done it with our one and I was VERY surprised at the room available. Of course, normally I am at the pointy end but curiousity got the better of me on one of our recent kiddie trips. I doubt I would want to spend more than a few hours back there though but our little girl and her cousin love it! They can talk without being disturbed by the main cabin sound, have cubby holes to hide stuff (that I find eventually, yummy old lollies) and have air vents to keep them at the right kiddie temperature.
Access is not too flash if you are an old fart like me but it is nothing impossible. The Tarago is higher and seems easier, the Trajet and Carnival are nothing better and the Avensis is simply rubbish. I never had a try on the extra seating MDX but it would be worth your while visiting a showroom and testing the Ody out. Sure, it's much lower than the competition but that is only a benefit to me. The second row slides, folds, has cargo flaps and makes coffee (oops, maybe not the coffee bit) so it is quite versatile. As Evolution points out, a showroom trip would be beneficial.