PDA

View Full Version : Redline motor oil Vs Royal purple

markoJEK1
29-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Who has used these, either one or both and had a chance to compare it to say Motul/Castrol etc, quick review would be good to help me decide what I should get

markoJEK1
29-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Also heres a little review/ mini guide i found searching on google, to give you an idea of what oils have what in them and which ones suit your car, only things is they dont have not gone over redline oil, hope it gives someone some better knowledge http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf

NSPYRE
29-09-2007, 05:49 PM
oil is something that comes down to personal preference. like choosing between BP Ultimate or Synergy 8000 or Vortex. there will be those that claim Ultimate is better than Vortex becuse of some additive that they use, blah blah blah. essentially, they are both 98 RON fuels. much like oil, different additives will be used but they'll both essentially be synthetic (assuming ur talking about comparing synthetic's).

i can understand a discussion about choosing between mineral and synthetic oil, but comparing two synthetic oils essentially comes down to how a person views a company and how susceptible they are to marketing messages.

personally, i just use Mobil 1 or Mobil Synth S (semi-synthetic) if i dont have much cash

markoJEK1
29-09-2007, 05:55 PM
thats true, thanks for that, and yes im comparing synthetic oils, penrite and royal purple did very well in the test conducted in that link, but would like feedback on and redline oil users :thumbsup:

DLO01
29-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I use Royal Purple engine oil. Never used Redline.

I find Royal Purple is very good. Thats all I have to say. :thumbsup:;)

markoJEK1
29-09-2007, 06:12 PM
:thumbsup: sounds good deano, will have a chat to you about it at the mini meet in few weeks time

SLOWEGG
29-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Ive tried Royal Purple before, very good oil!

Limbo
29-09-2007, 08:24 PM
With the test just make sure they are independent test as i know most of the oil manufacturers are the ones doing the tests, and tend to prefer their own of course. I use to have an oil bible that someone did independent tests, its abit old but i rem seeing redline & royal purple being tested.

They tested it on a fristion type test can't rem exactly how now

EG30
30-09-2007, 02:48 AM
I use 10w60 castrol in my old bmw racecar, it gives max protection for my app and it's 100% ester based synthetic oil. Not cheap at $68-75 for 5L but widely avail at supercheap and repco. Being a mainstream brand it doesnt sound as exotic as Redline/Motul/R Purple/Amsoil etc and often overlooked by some. Sure Redline and Amsoil claims a very long life and requires oil change less frequently thus works out cheaper; but in my case where the old school dual side draught webbers pollutes the oil with raw fuel anyway I tend to change the oil every 2-3 events anyway and use the more affordable Castrol.

markoJEK1
30-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Sounds good guys thanks for the feedback , keep it coming