PDA

View Full Version : Tein Super Streets - Setup

Angie
01-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey people,

Wondering what most people set these too hard and softness wise? Want it good for track and twisties so rear soft and front soft or what?

Cheers

preludacris
03-10-2007, 03:34 AM
set it to what ever you feel comfortable with on the street

u can just re adjust it when you go to track? takes like 1-2 mins ....

stk-civic
29-10-2007, 09:40 PM
LOL, so true preludacris
I have damper adjust on my crx, and i like to have it medium at the front and slightly harder at the rear for everday drive, not as harsh on bumps but still regid.

having this setup gives me oversteer, but the car naturally understeers so it kinda cancels out. Well thats my theory anyway, coz i did it the otherway around and understeer occured more frequently.

Play around until ur happy with it, each car reacts differently.

big tone
31-10-2007, 08:01 PM
if your going the tein SS go with the EDFC and it will take you seconds to go from soft to hard. some ppl think they are sh&t but I think they are worth it.

the only thing i found that the springrate in the EK hatches could be 1 - 2kg harder in the front and rear

EK4R
31-10-2007, 08:17 PM
if your going the tein SS go with the EDFC and it will take you seconds to go from soft to hard. some ppl think they are sh&t but I think they are worth it.

the only thing i found that the springrate in the EK hatches could be 1 - 2kg harder in the front and rear

they are shit. and they are mostly used with Tein FLex. y waste 300+ bux for something you could get out of the car and do for 2mins. use that money on some swaybars.

SS is good for daily and pretty comfortable good for crap roads like in syd :(

set the front harder than the rear thats what i usually chose.

aaronng
31-10-2007, 08:30 PM
If you are using it for street use something like 6-6 or 6-5. When on track, go slightly stiffer at the rear, so 14-16 so that you can make trail braking more effective.

mqt55s
31-10-2007, 10:10 PM
twisties and track are completely different. track is nice and smooth, twisties can get bumpy as. having a stiff suspension for track use on a bumpy road would have your car sliding all over the place. from experience haha

Sexc86
31-10-2007, 10:58 PM
i love edfc! i want one.... looks so cool :)

aaronng
31-10-2007, 11:18 PM
If you can access the rear damper adjustment easily, you don't need EDFC.

ekdez
02-11-2007, 12:28 AM
i dunno about u guys but i got tein SS in my ek hatch and i have to take my rear 6x9's out to adjust the rear hardness level :\.. but front is easy.. pop the hood and there they are :) .. but i got my rears set on +10 to the right.. so 0 is all the way to the left(soft) and front is on 12 i think.. and thats just for driving daily to uni n such.. never been a fan of having my suspension to soft.. looks odd when u take off the car looking liek its going over a wave at sea... na mean?

aaronng
02-11-2007, 09:37 AM
i dunno about u guys but i got tein SS in my ek hatch and i have to take my rear 6x9's out to adjust the rear hardness level :\.. but front is easy.. pop the hood and there they are :) .. but i got my rears set on +10 to the right.. so 0 is all the way to the left(soft) and front is on 12 i think.. and thats just for driving daily to uni n such.. never been a fan of having my suspension to soft.. looks odd when u take off the car looking liek its going over a wave at sea... na mean?

Does your SS have 22 clicks from full left to full right? If it does, you're only meant to use the 7th click onwards to the 22nd click.Using click 1-6 will damage your damper. The manual states that the 7th click is "level 1". Just letting you know that your setting of +12 front and +10 rear is actually only +5 and +3.

ekdez
02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
yeah it has like 26 clicks i counted them once but i cant remember

o; fair enuf... but in the manual i got..

standard value for civic 96 - 00 tein ss is 12 clicks from hardest setting.. hopefully meaning all the way to the right... and it says further down..

use only levels 1 - 16.. exceeding level 16 may damage the damper

so does that mean 12 from right is the middle?

EK4R
02-11-2007, 01:36 PM
why would they make the dampers adjustable in a range that would hurt the dampers ?

anyone know if this applies to all Tein coils? flex and HA ?

aaronng
02-11-2007, 04:06 PM
why would they make the dampers adjustable in a range that would hurt the dampers ?

anyone know if this applies to all Tein coils? flex and HA ?
Not sure why, probably have to ask Tein themselves.

My coils are Flex. Yes, it has 22 clicks and it says in the manual, use a maximum of 16 clicks from the hardest (full clockwise). Even the EDFC allows only 0-16, where 0 = hardest and 16 = softest.

aaronng
02-11-2007, 04:08 PM
yeah it has like 26 clicks i counted them once but i cant remember

o; fair enuf... but in the manual i got..

standard value for civic 96 - 00 tein ss is 12 clicks from hardest setting.. hopefully meaning all the way to the right... and it says further down..

use only levels 1 - 16.. exceeding level 16 may damage the damper

so does that mean 12 from right is the middle?

I reckon 8 clicks from the right is the middle. :)

big tone
02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
they are shit. and they are mostly used with Tein FLex. y waste 300+ bux for something you could get out of the car and do for 2mins. use that money on some swaybars.

SS is good for daily and pretty comfortable good for crap roads like in syd :(

set the front harder than the rear thats what i usually chose.

so in other words youd rather have no rear speakers in your car. caus thats the only way to get to them without moding the panelling of your car.
have you try'd them?
I DONT THINK SO.

ekdez
03-11-2007, 12:59 AM
mmm im not that game tho, to put it n e further to the right LOL... its rock solid atm... i don't wanna ruin them :( im such a pussy :\

+ i only the tiniest bit of body roll compared to my old suspension

where my shocks were stock, and i had lowered springs 3" on back and 3.2" on front LOL.. should have seen the gap between the springs and the top of the shocks ahah

i took my car for service @ honda dealership.. u should have seen the print out they give u LOL.. . ILLEGAL CAR due to unsafe suspension which makes the car dangerous to drive..

LOL.. but it was fun to look bouncy and be less then 5 cm's off the ground for a while.. u get over it pretty quick ahaha

mm well arronng i will try it one day when i can be bothered to get out and change the settings... :) lets hope your correct otherwise u can buy me soem new ones? :P

preludacris
03-11-2007, 02:10 AM
i think what ek4r is trying to say is that edfc is not really worth it for 3-400. for myself i would prefer to spend the money else where, but if somebody offered me a free edfc, i would grab it in a heart beat, as they would definately come in handy for those lazy moments

aaronng
03-11-2007, 06:49 AM
^^Hence the "they are shit". LOL :)

e240
03-11-2007, 10:51 AM
In a way I agree -

On the street, I'd actually prefer something non-adjustable - Nothing to think about.

On the track, well, you'd just want to find a setting and stick with it, so you actually don't that much adjustment.

But yeah, EDFC is a nice bling that i'd get only if someone gives me one or I have too much cash to spare. :-p

EK4R
04-11-2007, 02:20 AM
so in other words youd rather have no rear speakers in your car. caus thats the only way to get to them without moding the panelling of your car.
have you try'd them?
I DONT THINK SO.

tried wat. EDFC? not in my car no. but in a friends car i have used and see how it works.

and yes it is a bling factor and not a priority good