PDA

View Full Version : HELP !! exterior/outside temperature clock -> stop working

kman2k
02-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi!

My Accord euro 03 exterior temperature clock is stop working ... It only show 12degree & never change ... the actual outside temp is about 25degree ...

Did I do something wrong that caused it ?... Should I check anything ?... Does anyone know where is the exterior temperature sensor ????

Pls Help ! ... Thanks guy

P/s: It stop working since I painted the 4 x caliper on my car. ??????? ...

BusterSonic12
02-10-2007, 04:06 PM
on the 06, the sensor is located on the top of the center console. from what i know. it's like a dot, half a sphere popping out.

Pumped
02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi!

P/s: It stop working since I painted the 4 x caliper on my car.

:eek: lol

tony1234
02-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I think there's 3 sensors for the climate control,not sure if they work with the outside temp.display on the dash.Maybe one of them is not working.

yfin
02-10-2007, 05:58 PM
on the 06, the sensor is located on the top of the center console. from what i know. it's like a dot, half a sphere popping out.

nah that is not the temperature sensor for outside temp. The sensor is behind the front bumper beam. Try playing with this calibration - if this doesn't get the sensor back to life get a new sensor

Calibration:

The outside air temperature indicator's displayed temperature can be recalibrated ±3° to meet the customer's expectations.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Push and hold the reset select button for 10 seconds. While you continue to hold the button, the display will scroll through temperature settings from +3° to -3° as shown.

3. When the desired correction value appears on the display, release the button, and the recalibrated outside air temperature will be displayed.

NOTE: To recalibrate the display to the true temperature, remove the outside air temperature sensor (A), but leave it connected. Submerge the sensor and a thermometer (B) in a container of ice water (C). Select the calibration mode as described above, then recalibrate the display to the true temperature

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/yfin/TEMP.jpg

rhettzor
03-10-2007, 09:58 AM

Thats actually the measurement for the sun intensity, which controls fan speed when you have Climate Control set to auto :). The inside temp reader is just south of the steering wheel, to the left (look on the dash near your left knee, it will be a little vent with slits in it).

Great info on how to reset the outside gauge yfin :)

BusterSonic12
03-10-2007, 11:24 AM
^ hehe sorry!!

Eddie
04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
wat
i didn't know there's an outside temperature on the 03 model
where can i see the temp
on the dash? or the radio?

cutchorama
04-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Press your odometer button a few times

kman2k
10-10-2007, 11:53 AM
I found it .. It locate behind the front bumper bar on the passenger side. I think it that sensor is faulty... the honda guy said he will replace the sensor if it is faulty (warranty)... no charge!!!