PDA

View Full Version : My Brake Upgrade kit so far.. now what else?

Sexc86
02-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, if some of you dont know, my ride is a 94 eg sedan Gli. Factor Front disc and rear drum brakes.

Now currently i have purchased a few new things to bring my car to a stop as the factory setup is short of complete crap IMO.

i have obtained Front and Rear Disc brakes with assemblys from an Eg6 with ITR series 1 calipers (260mm rotors) Slotted all round. CCx pads all round + ADR approved Braided brake lines All round.

I have sorted out the handbreak cable business from changeing rear drums to discs.

Now would it be good to upgrade the factory brake master cylinder, & booster / booster stopper . If anyone oculd make some suggestions with benefits to the suggestions as well as places on where to find these parts it would be great!.

Thanks in advance

Regards Lyle

subjective
02-10-2007, 10:42 PM
sounds like great stopping power on the way..

so itr series 1 break will fit eg , nice .

sounds like a good package for my eg5

bennjamin
02-10-2007, 11:24 PM
FYI guys -

96 spec ITR has 262mm front disc rotors - same as EG6/ DC2 / DC4 / EK4 and some EK1's etc.
Also , all these rotors and calipers will NOT fit a standard EG civic front knuckle You need the correct knuckle as per caliper.

Suggestions for the brake booster are AUDM ITR brake booster + master cylinder. Get that and its all you need. No need for a brake stopper etc.

90LAN
03-10-2007, 06:21 PM
also u can get any abs bmc/bb from a ek/ dc2 it will fit
use some good brake fluid and bleed them good mate

BaNaNaMaN
04-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Over here guys have used a BA1 1" master cylinder in EG's combined with a 98 spec ITR booster to good effect.

Common upgrade here is going from 7/8th MC to 15/16th or 1"

There has been some discussion about if you need to change the prop valve but most have agreed here that it is not required.

I am doing a BB6 prelude front brake upgrade at the moment (282mm rotors and bigger calipers) on my EG sedan and changing to a 15/16th MC and booster from a DA6 integra. Should be a decent brake upgrade.

Hope some of that was helpful.

JasonGilholme
04-10-2007, 11:08 AM
The same MC can be found in the Del sols with ABS. Good old 1 inch MC.

I've also got a set of cc-x pads for sale if your interested lyle. Only done 4 - 5 thousand ks.

Zdster
04-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Suggestions for the brake booster are AUDM ITR brake booster + master cylinder. Get that and its all you need. No need for a brake stopper etc.

:thumbsup:

JasonGilholme
04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Boss Wreckers at Wynumm have a Del Sol with a 1inch MC man. :thumbsup:

Sexc86
04-10-2007, 08:04 PM
thats allright jase, i allready have the ccx pads and braided lines... i think ill suss out boss wrecking though... cheers for the info :D

JasonGilholme
05-10-2007, 07:38 AM
thats allright jase, i allready have the ccx pads and braided lines... i think ill suss out boss wrecking though... cheers for the info :D

Cool man. no probs :thumbsup::thumbsup: