PDA

View Full Version : KYB AGX & King Lows on DC4

proto-fenix
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I've bought a set of KYB AGX shocks & some King Spring Lows for my DC4 Integra. The shocks are hardness adjustable and I was wondering what I should get them set to when I install them.

My initial instinct was to "set it 2 fuly hrad bruss" but I've been told that my organs will shatter if I attempt to drive my car on Alice Springs roads with rock-hard springs.

I want my car to have advanced handling, the best I can get without getting whiplashed to death.

So, anyone got any experience with these shocks?

Thanks in advance.

ps. I know this is probably a question that gets old, but what kind of height drop would I see with the 'lows?

SiReal
04-10-2007, 11:13 AM
lows is roughly 1.5"

setting your shocks to hard and driving on them on that setting will shorten your shock life considerably and will call for a rebuild sooner than later. I accidentally had my front left koni on 3/4 hard. i didnt know until a few months later. i hated the ride. my guts were jumping up. put it back to soft and it is absolutely drivign bliss.

I would highly suggest u put it all to soft to begin with, if ur not happy with the amount of roll, bump it up a notch, bit by bit.

also installing a thicker rear sway bar , coupled with soft shock settings works wonders. comfort, whilst being able to turn with little roll.

good tyres are a must as well.

minircc
04-10-2007, 09:53 PM
i had koni yellows with king super lows and set dampers on softest setting.. even that was firmer that stock, but liveable

SiReal
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM
they say that koni yellows in softest setting is ~50% stiffer than stock (of course dependant on spring as well).

reds are 20% stiffer than stock.

Use this as a general guideline.

EG5[KRT]
10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
so if 1 is facing up.. is that the hardest ? ? ?