PDA

View Full Version : Seat Wear on Civic Type R?

Big Tav
03-10-2007, 09:40 PM
In the last Integra Type R just about every one you see has a badly worn drivers seat which makes the car look horrible. I can only imagine how hard/expensive this would be to repair.

If I bought the new Type R do you think the seat is under warranty? I mean if the rest of the car is kept as new and the seat has realy worn in 3 years surely it should be repaired. It should last at least 3 years.

Let me know guys.

mku01
03-10-2007, 11:57 PM
i dont think the side bolsters r covered under warranty??? anyway.. its not that expensive to fix, probably $150 per side max

Zdster
04-10-2007, 08:34 AM
No, they would not be covered under any sort of warranty. They are a wear and tear item. If you are careful getting in and out of your car then there is no reason that this should happen (I have seen a few recaro's where the owners where careful and the seats looked great).

DLO01
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Just be carfull and take care of them.

You just have to lift your big ass over the top of the bolster when getting in and out. :p

If you don't touch it, it won't die. :thumbsup:

sitta
04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
there is a sign of wear on where the seatbelt touch the seat which is on the right shoulder (driver seat) Get me worried over long term, i think i will find some seatbelt padding for the seat

BaNaNaMaN
04-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Try getting replacement bolsters from here.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=317&type=s&appgrpid=&appid=&rid=62

One guy in our club here in NZ got a replacement bolster for around $60 NSD landed. He recommended them to us as being good to deal with.

Zdster
04-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Try getting replacement bolsters from here.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=317&type=s&appgrpid=&appid=&rid=62

One guy in our club here in NZ got a replacement bolster for around $60 NSD landed. He recommended them to us as being good to deal with.

Have also used them before and highly recommend, however the seats in the ctr are not recaros so that site wont help. You would have to order the bolster from Honda if that is possible.

philBo
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
No, they would not be covered under any sort of warranty. They are a wear and tear item. If you are careful getting in and out of your car then there is no reason that this should happen (I have seen a few recaro's where the owners where careful and the seats looked great).

hahahhaa the arrowz are notorious for this. :)

1996ek1
04-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Have also used them before and highly recommend, however the seats in the ctr are not recaros so that site wont help. You would have to order the bolster from Honda if that is possible.

If they arn't recaros what are they? Because i was under the impression that they were...

Zdster
04-10-2007, 04:55 PM
If they arn't recaros what are they? Because i was under the impression that they were...

They are just Honda 'race seats'.

Look on the Honda website (http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/honda.com.au/home/showroom/civic+type+r/features/interior/civic+type+r+-+features+-+interior) there is no mention of Recaro.

It is much the same that the steering wheel isnt momo.

1996ek1
04-10-2007, 05:33 PM
They are just Honda 'race seats'.

Look on the Honda website (http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/honda.com.au/home/showroom/civic+type+r/features/interior/civic+type+r+-+features+-+interior) there is no mention of Recaro.

It is much the same that the steering wheel isnt momo.

Ah k, so then if i wanted to purchase some, they wudnt cost as much as recaro's ?

Or they would, cos its a CTR thing -_- ?

aaronng
04-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Ah k, so then if i wanted to purchase some, they wudnt cost as much as recaro's ?

Or they would, cos its a CTR thing -_- ?

They still cost $3.5k or so each. I asked.

EK4R
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
each ???? 7k for 2 a set. bargain i say

Big Tav
04-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I still think it is preety bad that they wear out so quickly and make your nice seats look crap. They should be able to outlast the warranty especially at that price...

VT3C
04-10-2007, 11:12 PM
warranty doesnt cover WEAR AND TEAR as Zdster correctly said.. it does cover any defect and faulty workmanship etc.

if you're carefull how you get in and out of the car and look after hte seats you'll have no problem.. i've seen many DC2-Rs with over 100,000Kms with the seat bolsters still in great condition - so no reason the FN2 seats wouldnt be the same if you look after them.. basically goes for everything on the car - if you look after your car with preventative maintenance - your car will serve you well for a long time.

as for the price of the seats - yes they're quite expensive as they're equipped with Side-airbags unlike DC2 and DC5 Type-R's.. so not recommended anyway as the Airbags (and provisions for) would be relatively heavy when compared to the non-Airbag seats.