PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

aRze
21-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Hm, what would you suggest as a daily driven car, as i'll need to replace it sooner or later anyway since its well... splitting. Should I just go oem? I'm looking for something that'll last since the front mounts usually take the most abuse.

Also, is there any advantages in running an s2k size oil filter?

Best if you can ride or sit in other EP's with different mounts and see what you find bearable.

Some guys find OEM is the only comfortable option.
Other I've seen on clubrsx run 75a in their dailys and are ok with it. Crazy americans...

brody
21-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm running hardrace at the moment. Yeh it does vibrate a bit at first but its dials down.. and you get used to it.

JDM EP3
21-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Im thinking of running some hasport 70a mounts, anyone else running these as well?

RPS.13
21-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm running Hasport 62a's in mine. As mentioned above, the initial vibrations will dissipate over time and the smaller ones you'll get over them. Some will come and go every now and then. I have a vibration which has come back recently, but it only appears if I go over 103km on the freeway. So its not overly annoying, turn up the music a bit and no worries.

I think the 70a mounts would be a bit too harsh/over kill if you car is a daily. Weekend car maybe. For a track car, I don't see any issues.

JohnO
21-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I had mugen and energy front rear inserts. The whole car was shaking enough already. Gives you a good wrist and arse massage.

JDM EP3
21-05-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm running Hasport 62a's in mine. As mentioned above, the initial vibrations will dissipate over time and the smaller ones you'll get over them. Some will come and go every now and then. I have a vibration which has come back recently, but it only appears if I go over 103km on the freeway. So its not overly annoying, turn up the music a bit and no worries.

I think the 70a mounts would be a bit too harsh/over kill if you car is a daily. Weekend car maybe. For a track car, I don't see any issues.

Ok, I am a bit in the middle, sometimes I daily the car to work other times I dont, anything between the 62's and 70's?

UNA91
21-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Hmm, i've heard innovative mounts are good and not as hard as hasports and others, might just go with 60a street mounts, Vibration will add to the character of the car I guess haha just want something that'll last. Anyone know where to get them besides ebay?

Lukezen27
21-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Hmm, i've heard innovative mounts are good and not as hard as hasports and others, might just go with 60a street mounts, Vibration will add to the character of the car I guess haha just want something that'll last. Anyone know where to get them besides ebay?

Ive got innovative

Painful on Vibration but gear change's wicked good and i don;t have to worry about braking the OEMs

UNA91
21-05-2012, 03:31 PM
^ did you get the full set? i'm just looking to replace the driver front ones

also. LOL i just read about people using 3m window weld to fill in their mounts... seems to be a fairly common "mod",but also pretty ghetto; yet it has nothing but good impressions from it... might give it a try...

SuperSteve
21-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Parts for sale in sale thread. More parts to come in near future

Nepolian
22-05-2012, 08:14 PM
When? When?

-JC-
23-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Ok guys, so I came home all excited about my new T10 LED's that I bought to replace the front parkers and rear number plate lights, got reading my workshop manual and I've discovered that this really isn't a 5 minute job. Workshop manual tells me that to do the fronts, I need to remove the inner guards . . . and by the size of the gap I would have to get my fingers into to do it from the top, I'm guessing this is the truth.

The number plate lights it tells me to remove the lower trim panel . . . which requires removal of the entire hatch trim . . . once again, I have a bad feeling this is true lol. I have found DIY's that say you just slide the housing across, but mine appear to have foam sealant on them (looks factory) which prevents them from sliding, and if its there, I probably want it to stay there yeah?

Thoughts?

RPS.13
23-05-2012, 06:19 PM
The park lights you can access with out having to take off anything. They're just in a really awkward position to twist back in. Getting them out is fairly easy.

Nepolian
23-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Parker easy to do if u have small hands. If they are chunky. You'd probably have no chance. U new to jack up the car remove the wheel trim (not completely) enough to get hand in. Rears, u may be lucky to be able to slide the Parker covers off. Sometimes they're caked on and I've seen people break them trying. Just take a little time and care! Worst scenario, trim will have to come of.

SuperSteve
23-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah front parkers u gotta work ur lil puppies and twist it shut. I got chunky hands and its annoying but do able. It's all in the hips. Easy to come off tricky to put back in

Symphorced
23-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh man. Last time I had to change my parkers it took me a good 15 mins. So hard to get to!

stienerv2
23-05-2012, 10:49 PM
For the rear number plate lights, i've found the best method without breaking any clips was to remove the entire door trims. If you access it from the outside you may break the housing clips.

UNA91
24-05-2012, 08:55 AM
The way i changed my license plate light was I pushed up the housing just to loosen it up cause there is weathering strip around it and over time it gets old and start to stick. Then pry the sides as it is held by clips and it should pop off. Then you can unclip the harness in the housing to access the bulb. Be careful not to let the harness fall into the hole! otherwise you'll have to remove the panels to get it back out lol

aRze
24-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeh first time can be tight!
I had no problems with mine, just pushed the license plate light cover to one side and then pushed it up and out.
Takes effort first time ^^

[daan]
24-05-2012, 12:29 PM
had a bitch of a time getting to the rear licence plate bulbs first time round, couldnt do the sliding/lifting technique, so I took a thin paperclip and straightened it out, lifted the plastic cover with my nail and used the straightened paperclip to unclip the cover latch. worked perfect

Symphorced
24-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Hey Dan is your car back on the road yet?

JDM EP3
24-05-2012, 03:12 PM
How many of you guys are using their car as a daily? Im thinking of buying another el cheapo for a daily.
Also does anyone know where I can source a rear bar or rear lip?

Lukezen27
24-05-2012, 07:13 PM
How many of you guys are using their car as a daily? Im thinking of buying another el cheapo for a daily.

daily here

I never have two cars going at once lol

-JC-
24-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. My hands must be waaaaaaaaaay bigger than some of you, I could only get one finger to the parker housing . . . only ended up taking 20 mins to take the front wheels off, remove the inner guard (or some of it) and get them done.

The rear is proving to be a little more difficult, tried removing the boot trim and that thing is just ridiculous, afraid to pull too hard on any one part of it in case it breaks . . . might have to try the paperclip method from the outside!

JDM EP3 - I use mine as a daily, surprisingly easy to live with as a daily, then again, I've only had it 3 weeks, so maybe the novelty will wear off? Can't see it at this point, but stranger things have happened.

JDM EP3
24-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. My hands must be waaaaaaaaaay bigger than some of you, I could only get one finger to the parker housing . . . only ended up taking 20 mins to take the front wheels off, remove the inner guard (or some of it) and get them done.

The rear is proving to be a little more difficult, tried removing the boot trim and that thing is just ridiculous, afraid to pull too hard on any one part of it in case it breaks . . . might have to try the paperclip method from the outside!

JDM EP3 - I use mine as a daily, surprisingly easy to live with as a daily, then again, I've only had it 3 weeks, so maybe the novelty will wear off? Can't see it at this point, but stranger things have happened.

daily here

I never have two cars going at once lol

I am considering getting a Ek or EG civic for a daily, not that the EP3 is hard to live with as a daily but I have a shitty ass carpark in the city and they are so tight, ended up tearing part of my rear lip getting caught on a metal support bar for the roller door didnt notice it there tore it on the seam where it attaches to the rear bar under the wheel arch and seeing that I need to park really close to the wall to get out with out hitting the car next to me with the door I am considering this option so I dont destroy my EP3.

Lukezen27
24-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I am considering getting a Ek or EG civic for a daily, not that the EP3 is hard to live with as a daily but I have a shitty ass carpark in the city and they are so tight, ended up tearing part of my rear lip getting caught on a metal support bar for the roller door didnt notice it there tore it on the seam where it attaches to the rear bar under the wheel arch and seeing that I need to park really close to the wall to get out with out hitting the car next to me with the door I am considering this option so I dont destroy my EP3.

Yeah sometimes when parking in the city I wish I didn't sell my EG5 but two rego's and so on all at up to $$$$$

TonyxTony
24-05-2012, 07:50 PM

daily here as well.... i try to get to and back from work during non peak time :) ...

RPS.13
24-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Daily and track mine.

There's a rear bumper here: http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?43003-EP3R-Euro-CBR-1000-Misc-TOYO-R888-245-40-R18&highlight=bumper

JDM EP3
24-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Daily and track mine.

There's a rear bumper here: http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?43003-EP3R-Euro-CBR-1000-Misc-TOYO-R888-245-40-R18&highlight=bumper
yeah that's on here too but it has been cut and has a hole for the towhook am considering it though how necessary is it to have a towhook when tracking?

Symphorced
24-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Not very essential considering we already have a tow hook at the rear in a very obvious location. But I doubt there would be too many rear bars coming up for sale. I have just the rear lip as a spare if you're interested.

aRze
24-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Mine's my daily too.

Enjoying it a lot!
Just A LOT more careful with it than i was with camry =P

nikolaz01
25-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Quick question guys, where abouts is everyone buying parts for there ep3 from? e.g headers,gruppem intake and other ep3 parts. Thank you

JDM EP3
25-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Quick question guys, where abouts is everyone buying parts for there ep3 from? e.g headers,gruppem intake and other ep3 parts. Thank you

All over the place traders here or you can try jesse streeter who brokers stuff from Japan at cost+shipping+commission direct from the place you want the parts or from yahoo jp auctions

nikolaz01
25-05-2012, 12:19 AM
All over the place traders here or you can try jesse streeter who brokers stuff from Japan at cost+shipping+commission direct from the place you want the parts or from yahoo jp auctions

Cheers buddy, really after the gruppe m intake but i can't seem to find anyone selling it.

aRze
25-05-2012, 12:24 AM
+1 for Jesse Streeter

Can come across great deals on Yahoo auctions japan =D

jdm concept and jdmyard are really popular and provide great service.
xposed is a gruppe m specific distributor i believe

depending on what headers you could ask BYP or Toda who can also cater to your tuning needs
kseriesparts also stocks a lot of goodies

can also check fleabay, but make sure it's genuine. take care of your car :)

EDIT: try xposed.com.au for gruppe m
also have a look at jdmconcept

nikolaz01
25-05-2012, 12:50 AM
+1 for Jesse Streeter

jdm concept and jdmyard are really popular and provide great service.

depending on what headers you could ask BYP or Toda who can also cater to your tuning needs

Thank you very very much kind sir, off to shopping i go :)

JDM EP3
25-05-2012, 01:20 AM
+1 for Jesse Streeter

jdm concept and jdmyard are really popular and provide great service

Good info man looked at xposed and the price is slightly better for the gruppeM from there will be getting mine soon now, btw anyone know what brands or where to get the silicone hoses for the ep3 intake?

iQQ
25-05-2012, 10:56 AM

http://firesport.com.au/honda-civic-ep3r-parts-turbo-boost--ad215363.htm
heres one if youre looking for the rear/front lip

[daan]
25-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey Dan is your car back on the road yet?

All good Tim, it runs sweet now!

Use my EP3 as a daily. I sit in a lot of traffic so dont go past 60kph until i hit the freeway. Its not very good at slow speeds like my old Civic (EK/EJ) which i think is a much better daily ..EP3 is much slicker when you drive it harder!

Icebox
25-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Anyone know whats the bulb used for the projector headlights? my front left headlight doesnt work no more~ i assume its the bulb but the alarm systems wired though to the same headlight, and normally it should be wired to the parkers instead

UNA91
25-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Anyone find their recaros squeaky when going over bump/bumpy roads? Mine squeaks and clicks, not very obvious but knowing its there just drives me nuts haha. Also my drivers side seat hip bolsters feel really loose, not the actual foam but the plastic. I could wiggle it back and forth. The same as the rails on my seats

JDM EP3
25-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Anyone find their recaros squeaky when going over bump/bumpy roads? Mine squeaks and clicks, not very obvious but knowing its there just drives me nuts haha. Also my drivers side seat hip bolsters feel really loose, not the actual foam but the plastic. I could wiggle it back and forth. The same as the rails on my seats

Mine are fine and didnt do anything like you describe, although I have now changed to a vanner tunner special ultra low seat rail, feels great sitting so low and being able to dump the steering wheel even lower and have a clear view of the cluster.

butterfingers
25-05-2012, 12:52 PM

could be rust, and/or warped plastic.

Symphorced
25-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone know whats the bulb used for the projector headlights? my front left headlight doesnt work no more~ i assume its the bulb but the alarm systems wired though to the same headlight, and normally it should be wired to the parkers instead

Pretty sure OEM bulbs are D2R.

Icebox
25-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Pretty sure OEM bulbs are D2R.

are the D2Rs the same ones that go into the facelift ones ? just wanna make sure before i DIY

Philip Lee
25-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Mine are fine and didnt do anything like you describe, although I have now changed to a vanner tunner special ultra low seat rail, feels great sitting so low and being able to dump the steering wheel even lower and have a clear view of the cluster.

good to know you like it.

RPS.13
25-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Good info man looked at xposed and the price is slightly better for the gruppeM from there will be getting mine soon now, btw anyone know what brands or where to get the silicone hoses for the ep3 intake?

Tegiwa sells the silicone intake pipes. (Should have told me earlier, I could have ordered one with your other part).

Again +1 for Jesse Streeter, I got my gruppe m through him and saved well over $300compared to the cheapest local price. Shipped via ems too.

Nice :thumbsup:

JDM EP3
25-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Tegiwa sells the silicone intake pipes. (Should have told me earlier, I could have ordered one with your other part).

Again +1 for Jesse Streeter, I got my gruppe m through him and saved well over $300compared to the cheapest local price. Shipped via ems too.

Yeah I should have ordered it at the time, oh well, also with the gruppeM I have seen them on xposed for $931, how much did you pay for yours again?

JDM EP3
25-05-2012, 04:26 PM
good to know you like it.

thanks man :thumbsup:

[daan]
25-05-2012, 05:01 PM
eeek! 1k for an intake :s

thats some moola

UNA91
25-05-2012, 05:34 PM

hmm, i took the seat out and wiggled it abit and found the sound to be coming from around the lever to fold the seats down, oiled it all up but still makes noise. I sort of sounds like shaking a white out pen with those metal things inside them lol Don't really wanna take it apart cause i'm scared i'd mess something up lol

Symphorced
25-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah I should have ordered it at the time, oh well, also with the gruppeM I have seen them on xposed for $931, how much did you pay for yours again?

Will end up cheaper if you go through Streeter! Also, many people (including myself) use SFS intake pipes. Doubt there's too much difference in which brand of silicon piping you use though!

JDM EP3
25-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Will end up cheaper if you go through Streeter! Also, many people (including myself) use SFS intake pipes. Doubt there's too much difference in which brand of silicon piping you use though!

Where can I get the sfs hose from? Checked here online and the trader is expired but had it for $20!

aRze
25-05-2012, 06:59 PM

yeh rps said it, tegiwa makes one.
Gruppe m might have one.. they used to.. dunno bout now.

also, ive seen on the uk type r forums the SFS silicon hose is really popular for the gruppe and it fits really snug too

where do you buy low seat rails for the oem ep3 recaros from?

JDM EP3
25-05-2012, 10:22 PM
yeh rps said it, tegiwa makes one.
Gruppe m might have one.. they used to.. dunno bout now.

also, ive seen on the uk type r forums the SFS silicon hose is really popular for the gruppe and it fits really snug too

where do you buy low seat rails for the oem ep3 recaros from?

Ok cool will hopefully track one of those down too, with the seat rail I'm unusre where you would get those I got mine off Phillip Lee here used, I suppose that you can also try jesse streeter for those too as I believe rps.13 also got his new from there.

UNA91
26-05-2012, 12:13 PM
How does the lowered drivers position feel? I feel like when i move my seat back a little, the B-pillar becomes a massive blind spot when turning corners due to the angle of our windscreen, and parking front first hard cause you cant see the hood lol

Lukezen27
26-05-2012, 01:22 PM
How does the lowered drivers position feel? I feel like when i move my seat back a little, the B-pillar becomes a massive blind spot when turning corners due to the angle of our windscreen, and parking front first hard cause you cant see the hood lol

I think I need a lower drivers position

I'm 6" and my head shaves the roof sometimes hahah

Twest
26-05-2012, 01:47 PM
I have a rear bar for sale, I don't have the lip though.

Perry
26-05-2012, 02:21 PM

I guess im not the only one with that problem than =)

Philip Lee
26-05-2012, 09:27 PM

If u have this problem already, lowering seat will be worse.

UNA91
27-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Haha well I already have trouble getting out of my car if i park near a wall or if a car parks close beside me. I also tend to misjudge my distance from the curb parking front first ever since i snapped my mugen lip (got it fixed tho) and accidentally leave a huge gap lol reverse park ftw

Icebox
28-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I think I need a lower drivers position

I'm 6" and my head shaves the roof sometimes hahah

lol really? haha im 6"2 and i still got heaps of head space, and this is stock rails as well

Nepolian
28-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Luke drives like and old man with his chin 10cm away from steering wheel! His head actually needs to clear the wind screen!

JDM EP3
28-05-2012, 05:51 PM

The lowered driving position feels really good, you dont have to angle the steering wheel so high up and it sits nicely aligned with your shoulders. the b pillar issue didnt seem to be any worse than when I had the original rail. When I had the stock rail in I couldnt see the end of the bonnet anyway so its not that much different being able to see less of it now its more about knowing and feeling where the corners of the car is. Im a short ass so they headroom was not an issue but it feels much less lofty now than before.

Lukezen27
28-05-2012, 06:42 PM
lol really? haha im 6"2 and i still got heaps of head space, and this is stock rails as well

if it sit back its fine but sometime when get'n into it a lean forward hahah

If OK but I'd like it a little lower

Luke drives like and old man with his chin 10cm away from steering wheel! His head actually needs to clear the wind screen!

i'll kill you George

Icebox
29-05-2012, 12:32 PM
if it sit back its fine but sometime when get'n into it a lean forward hahah

If OK but I'd like it a little lower

hahaha i totally understand what you mean! :thumbsup:, you get into it haha, i think Lee (b16a2) has a pair of lowered spoon rails for 200 bucks. ask him and see if his still got them

Philip Lee
29-05-2012, 02:53 PM
if u want a lowering rail, get the Vanners Special ones (it drops 5cm). all the others only drop around 2cm and the difference isn't big compared to stock seat.

i went from stock to Vision (-2cm) then Vanners and never looked back.

RPS.13
29-05-2012, 03:25 PM
+1 for the Vanners Tuner Special seat rail. One of the best mods I've done to the EP, even when it was relatively stock. The lowered seating position, completely changed the driving experience.

From memory it dropped the seat approximately 5.7-5.9cm at all the points I measured it.

Purchased through Jesse Streeter :thumbsup:

-JC-
29-05-2012, 06:10 PM
On the topic of Jesse Streeter, I was thinking about seeing if he can supply OEM parts, which I assume from his website he can. Only thing I was thinking was that they may not be readily available in Japan anymore given the age of the EP3. I know here in Aus most manufacturers only stock things for a specific period of time, anyone know what its like in Japan?

CivicTypeR
29-05-2012, 07:02 PM
On the topic of Jesse Streeter, I was thinking about seeing if he can supply OEM parts, which I assume from his website he can. Only thing I was thinking was that they may not be readily available in Japan anymore given the age of the EP3. I know here in Aus most manufacturers only stock things for a specific period of time, anyone know what its like in Japan?

I went to a Honda dealer here before because I was after a side mirror for my ep3. They said they don't have it in stock but if I wanted they could order one in for me form Japan, so in the process I asked if I could order any other parts and they said that I could pretty much order any part but it just may take some time for the order to come from Japan. (I didn't end up ordering because I saw a cheaper one from eBay lol)

So maybe they are readily available in Japan?

-JC-
29-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah I spoke to a really honest parts guy at the local Honda dealer today, he told me he could get anything, but added that it takes very long time. Apparently there is one guy in Melbourne @ Honda who is responsible for all of the import parts and in the words of the guy I spoke to 'It isn't his highest priority' lol. Might flick Jesse an email and see. Surely its gotta be cheaper direct from Japan as opposed to the UK or SuperGT etc? Having said that, given that they were manufactured in the UK, I could be wrong . . . anyone?

CivicTypeR
29-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I actually found buying parts coming from UK cheaper rather than ordering from Japan. Maybe it was just that one product though.

Icebox
30-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I was under the impression that, dealership would stock any spare parts for any car up 10-15 years depending on the car manufacturer?.

if they dont have it in stock then i assume importing a certain part wouldnt be any hassle. Good family friend that works at honda explained to me that, a lot of the oem parts (depending on what it is) could be easily sourced from japan now, due to the fact that the new Jazz(MY12) is now shipped/manufactured from Japan and that a lot of the oem parts can just come on the same ship. he may be wrong? but i dont know im always under the impression Jazz was made in thailand?

but who knows i got a pair of ballast from honda spare parts within a week for my FL H.I.Ds, hassle free lol~

JDM EP3
30-05-2012, 07:21 PM
On average what are most people getting out of a full tank? I only got 350km's is that normal for city driving?

-JC-
30-05-2012, 07:26 PM
On average what are most people getting out of a full tank? I only got 350km's is that normal for city driving?

When you say a full tank, do you mean until the light comes on? My light has been on and off for the last 3 days driving to work and back depending on whether I am going up hill or down. I'm getting 320-340k out of $40 (bout 25-27 litres) each week before I get tired of playing chicken with the fuel light. It's not my preferred option, but my fuel budget set by the minister for war and financial affairs in my house insists that this is my limit for the week . . .

You should be getting a shedload more than 350 from a tank unless your driving everywhere at 9000rpm . . . I'm certainly not driving miss daisy on my way to the figures mentioned above.

aRze
30-05-2012, 07:35 PM
when i fill up completely, i've covered at least 200kms usually at half tank.. =\
Only running injen cai and subo rm01a.
A lot of spirited driving too..
Of course if you vtec every set of lights you're gonna be getting a lot less as JC said :P

Would also depend on how much time you spend sitting in heavy traffic.

JDM EP3
30-05-2012, 07:45 PM
When you say a full tank, do you mean until the light comes on? My light has been on and off for the last 3 days driving to work and back depending on whether I am going up hill or down. I'm getting 320-340k out of $40 (bout 25-27 litres) each week before I get tired of playing chicken with the fuel light. It's not my preferred option, but my fuel budget set by the minister for war and financial affairs in my house insists that this is my limit for the week . . .

You should be getting a shedload more than 350 from a tank unless your driving everywhere at 9000rpm . . . I'm certainly not driving miss daisy on my way to the figures mentioned above.

Well until this tank I have only filled up about $40 or so as petrol was spastic at $1.45 a litre here a few weeks back. I filled up $50 last week or what not reset the counter and just got the light now after 350km's. I dont go vtecing every where and I normally shift up at 3k and rev it up slowly and then cruise in 5th@ 60km/h. And lol man you only get a $40 allowance per week for fuel?? Im never getting married and you live in your own communist russia at your house :p

when i fill up completely, i've covered at least 200kms usually at half tank.. =\
Only running injen cai and subo rm01a.
A lot of spirited driving too..
Of course if you vtec every set of lights you're gonna be getting a lot less as JC said :P

Would also depend on how much time you spend sitting in heavy traffic.

I dont really have heavy heavy traffic as I drive to work after 9:30-10am and leave mostly after 6:30pm, but like I said I dont vtec hardly at all, maybe 5-6 times a week.

-JC-
30-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm not married mate . . . yet! Soviet Russia has got nothing on this 5hit . . . you should have seen the negotiation process I had to go through to even GET an EP3! I sold a car that cost more than twice as much as the one I have now and I still had to fill out the form and wait in the queue . . .

You should be thankful for fuel at $1.45 mate . . . I got there first thing this morning at the cheapest point in the cycle and still paid $1.49.9 for 98 octane . . . QLD used to have a nice fat 8c per litre fuel subsidy, but thanks to our now ex-premier Anna Bligh, the state is now basically fcuked unless your involved in the mining industry.

JDM EP3
30-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm not married mate . . . yet! Soviet Russia has got nothing on this 5hit . . . you should have seen the negotiation process I had to go through to even GET an EP3! I sold a car that cost more than twice as much as the one I have now and I still had to fill out the form and wait in the queue . . .

You should be thankful for fuel at $1.45 mate . . . I got there first thing this morning at the cheapest point in the cycle and still paid $1.49.9 for 98 octane . . . QLD used to have a nice fat 8c per litre fuel subsidy, but thanks to our now ex-premier Anna Bligh, the state is now basically fcuked unless your involved in the mining industry.

Ahahaha oh man you got some troubles run, run away quick!!! Regular pussy is not worth going through that, plus how will you be able to mod your car?
That petrol price is only for normal unleaded 95 try more like $1.47-$1.57 for 98

Icebox
31-05-2012, 10:23 AM

i get round about 420 before the light comes on, this is combined peak hour driving and highway. vtecing sometimes

im running on a custom catback exhaust, stock airbox.

heaps surprised your only gettin 350kms per a a full tank,

JDM EP3
31-05-2012, 11:36 AM
i get round about 420 before the light comes on, this is combined peak hour driving and highway. vtecing sometimes

im running on a custom catback exhaust, stock airbox.

heaps surprised your only gettin 350kms per a a full tank,
Yeah same here I figured I would get at least 400kms out of a full tank

TonyxTony
31-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I get 420km then light turns on. i fill up around 40-43L ... so im guessing it is using 10L/100km. Completely stock car... but i like hitting vtec :)

brody
31-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm getting 500 odd.
Few mods. Most I got was 520.
And who doesn't love getting their vtec on!

Icebox
31-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah same here I figured I would get at least 400kms out of a full tank

thats pretty weird, could it be the o2 sensor failing? ive read people having the same issues and the fix was was replacing the o2 sensor.

but from your build, you changed the headers right, did you tune the ecu? ive heard you have to if you change the headers but i can be very wrong about it

JDM EP3
31-05-2012, 04:14 PM
thats pretty weird, could it be the o2 sensor failing? ive read people having the same issues and the fix was was replacing the o2 sensor.

but from your build, you changed the headers right, did you tune the ecu? ive heard you have to if you change the headers but i can be very wrong about it

Yeah actually..... I still havent done the headers yet :p
I was organising a high flow cat and need to get it welded with flanges still so I havent done anything with them yet.

Is the O2 sensor a common problem that affects fuel economy?

Icebox
31-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah actually..... I still havent done the headers yet :p
I was organising a high flow cat and need to get it welded with flanges still so I havent done anything with them yet.

Is the O2 sensor a common problem that affects fuel economy?

oh okay then, that puts the tune out of the equation. but hope to see some results when you get all the parts you need and get them on haha,

but a lot of the issues ive read in the european forums, relating to bad fuel all seem to some how relate back to the primary or secondary o2 sensor,and need replacing or something but then again their ep3 is different in the uk then the jdm ones we get here and considering we have k20a while uk have k20a2 but all the parts are still universal

brody
31-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Running no secondary o2 at the moment as it grounding out on the chassis due to unrelated problems.
I am getting flightly worse economy but not 350kms O.o

JDM EP3
31-05-2012, 06:15 PM
oh okay then, that puts the tune out of the equation. but hope to see some results when you get all the parts you need and get them on haha,

but a lot of the issues ive read in the european forums, relating to bad fuel all seem to some how relate back to the primary or secondary o2 sensor,and need replacing or something but then again their ep3 is different in the uk then the jdm ones we get here and considering we have k20a while uk have k20a2

Yeah from that link you sent me it does seem to me that there is something odd with the car as the consensus on that thread seems to be at least 400km minimum, so i think I should check it out and give it a full service.

aRze
31-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Also, what engine oil are you running?
Could be to do with the thickness of it, though I'm not sure if it effects mileage THAT much.

TonyxTony
31-05-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm getting 500 odd.
Few mods. Most I got was 520.
And who doesn't love getting their vtec on!

what mod did you do to your ep3?? 500 is nice :)

Icebox
31-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah from that link you sent me it does seem to me that there is something odd with the car as the consensus on that thread seems to be at least 400km minimum, so i think I should check it out and give it a full service.

good idea man, cause i find your numbers really odd~ 350 is way to low for average ep3 drivers and even with you vtec from point a to b all the time you should be able to average 390s-420 easily on a full tank so kinda weird i guess. i have heard on one person in the hk forums that he didnt know what was wrong with it and he was only gettin 240kms on a full tank and he figured it was something to do with the sensors or something but then again i can barely read chinese haha. but definitely do a full service if you need any help looking for a spare sensor i might know a place that can assist in getting you one.

Azz86
31-05-2012, 09:59 PM
The fuel gauge in the EP is pretty screwy.
I tested mine once. The light came on at 290kms. Ran out of fuel at 573kms. Best to compare with L/100kms.

JDM EP3
31-05-2012, 11:01 PM
good idea man, cause i find your numbers really odd~ 350 is way to low for average ep3 drivers and even with you vtec from point a to b all the time you should be able to average 390s-420 easily on a full tank so kinda weird i guess. i have heard on one person in the hk forums that he didnt know what was wrong with it and he was only gettin 240kms on a full tank and he figured it was something to do with the sensors or something but then again i can barely read chinese haha. but definitely do a full service if you need any help looking for a spare sensor i might know a place that can assist in getting you one.

Cheers man, I go and get it checked out when I can and update on whats up

brody
01-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Was wondering. Why is that the JDM DC5 were fitted with brembos from factory and the JDM EP3 wasn't?

CivicTypeR
01-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Was wondering. Why is that the JDM DC5 were fitted with brembos from factory and the JDM EP3 wasn't?

Maybe its because of marketing issues? They probably saw the integra in Japan as a more popular choice of a Type R due to the success of the dc2r and decided to invest on a set of brembos.

Lukezen27
01-06-2012, 08:44 AM

Just be happy your CTR has more power than the ITR

:)

butterfingers
01-06-2012, 10:32 AM

who cares slap spoon monocs on that mother****er

brody
01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Haha true that:)
Ahh and spoon do look sexy

UNA91
01-06-2012, 03:56 PM
^but expensive as hell :(

butterfingers
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
^not as expensive as the wheels that sit over it.

UNA91
01-06-2012, 07:07 PM
^ that depends :P speaking of big brakes, i've seen photos of an fn2 with mercedes AMG brakes :O looked quite sexy haha

butterfingers
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
^ that depends :P speaking of big brakes, i've seen photos of an fn2 with mercedes AMG brakes :O looked quite sexy haha
Good example of modding for the sake of modding
No way fn2 needs amg brakes
Even if boosted, it's still a waste of money

brody
02-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Yeh dam. Imagine the mods you could do with that amount of money.

TonyxTony
02-06-2012, 10:18 AM
anyone got the headlight connectors diagram? I still got the original factory hid headlights and trying to install them. Took them to a mechanic but they couldnt put them in cause the plug has been cut off

Can I buy the original plug somewhere? Thanks heaps

I guess something like http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Headlight-Wiring-Harness-H4H4H-P971C320.aspx but for the ep3?

butterfingers
03-06-2012, 11:55 PM
does anyone know why theres a loud knocking noise coming from rear when i over gas a launch in wet causing tires to spin a bit
its been wet and was a steep hill
gassed it a bit too much
next thing, pulling to the side and tires spiinning a bit
but wat worried me was this loud knocking sound from the back
sounded liek rocks hitting the under carriage

anyone else had this happen before?

brody
04-06-2012, 12:28 PM
It's lack of traction and the suspension / driveshaft loading up or something i.e. wheel tramp.
A mate of mine told me back when I had a xr5. More prone in the wet.
Totally normal as it happens too a lot of fwd.
My ep also does it every now and then.

JDM EP3
04-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Does any one know where I can get a primary and secondary O2 sensor for cheap for the EP3? the one on amazon is not available to be shipped to Aus for some reason

aRze
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Have a look at this.. not sure if it's what if it's what you're looking for, and it's used.

easy guy to deal with :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Civic-Type-R-EP3-Both-Exhaust-O2-Sensors-UKDM-RHD-/350571283200?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item519fad4300#ht_500wt_1054

JDM EP3
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Have a look at this.. not sure if it's what if it's what you're looking for, and it's used.

easy guy to deal with :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Civic-Type-R-EP3-Both-Exhaust-O2-Sensors-UKDM-RHD-/350571283200?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item519fad4300#ht_500wt_1054

Thanks for the link but really looking at getting new items so as to save any hassles.

brody
04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Honda?
Are ate ypu using that as a last resort as they charge 3 limbs

aRze
04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Lings Honda based in uk sell parts and they ship to Australia.
And brody is correct, will be pricey.
Think this is the right section..

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S5S01&block_02=B__0201&block_03=9726

JDM EP3
04-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Lings Honda based in uk sell parts and they ship to Australia.
And brody is correct, will be pricey.
Think this is the right section..

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S5S01&block_02=B__0201&block_03=9726

Uff man they are like $330 each! There is one on amazon for like $40 denso branded but like I said it doesnt allow shipping here...

brody
04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
parts industry is f**ked. Honda must be making an absolute killing. Along with all other makes.

UNA91
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Anyone know how to change the brakelight bulbs (Pre-FL)? Thinking of doing an LED conversion, but theres this red cap covering the socket from inside the boot. It seems pretty solid. :S

CivicTypeR
04-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Anyone know how to change the brakelight bulbs (Pre-FL)? Thinking of doing an LED conversion, but theres this red cap covering the socket from inside the boot. It seems pretty solid. :S

Its pretty difficult to access the bulbs from the inside of the boot. I found it easier to just take off the whole light overall and replace it from there.

You have to remove the bumper and mounting brackets in order to get out the lights and just go from there.

UNA91
05-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Silly me, theres was no bulb behind the red cap, didn't think the brake light shared the same bulb as when you turn your headlights on. :|

Another question. Looking at getting race headers and am interested in the Kidd Racing header, however, as much as they claim to have excellent ground clearance, i'm still a little worried since I scrape my mid pipe every now and then. Anyone running RH have any clearance issues?

RPS.13
06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Silly me, theres was no bulb behind the red cap, didn't think the brake light shared the same bulb as when you turn your headlights on. :|

Another question. Looking at getting race headers and am interested in the Kidd Racing header, however, as much as they claim to have excellent ground clearance, i'm still a little worried since I scrape my mid pipe every now and then. Anyone running RH have any clearance issues?

Kiddracing headers have good clearence. My EP is pretty damn low, I'm now tucking about 1/2 an inch of tyre on 205/50/16's on the fronts. My mid pipe gets 99% of the scrappage. I've only managed to tear a small section of the heat wrap off the lowest point on the headers, haven't scrapped it yet.

-JC-
06-06-2012, 06:40 PM
So, I've replaced all of the lights I could get my hands on with LED's . . . The hatch trim isn't that bad, only broke one clip, and since there is about 48 in it, I didn't bother replacing it.

Moving onto some more massive mods now . . . socks!

WTF is with Mugen socks being $20-$30 a pop? Seriously, its a bloody tennis wristband with a logo on it! I'd really like to stay with the red (or orange even) theme with this car. Found some 'spoon' (not likely to be genuine, but surely this is a part you can afford to skimp on?) ones for under $10 a pair on fleabay here, but they are blue
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120830957937?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The only difference I can see between them and the Mugen ones is that they come with a rubber o-ring (which I can get anywhere for a few cents) and a massive price tag. Any tips?

JDM EP3
06-06-2012, 07:32 PM
So, I've replaced all of the lights I could get my hands on with LED's . . . The hatch trim isn't that bad, only broke one clip, and since there is about 48 in it, I didn't bother replacing it.

Moving onto some more massive mods now . . . socks!

WTF is with Mugen socks being $20-$30 a pop? Seriously, its a bloody tennis wristband with a logo on it! I'd really like to stay with the red (or orange even) theme with this car. Found some 'spoon' (not likely to be genuine, but surely this is a part you can afford to skimp on?) ones for under $10 a pair on fleabay here, but they are blue
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/120830957937?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The only difference I can see between them and the Mugen ones is that they come with a rubber o-ring (which I can get anywhere for a few cents) and a massive price tag. Any tips?
lol yeah man you skimp out on these parts 100% or you can always use an old sock and make em yourself :p

-JC-
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
$5 imitation spoon socks it is!

UNA91
06-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I never understood the concept of those socks :S

Symphorced
06-06-2012, 11:07 PM
To absorb the fluid in case of spillage under hard braking.

aRze
06-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Also for hard parking :D

UNA91
06-06-2012, 11:56 PM
But if there was fluid spillage wouldn't that be a problem in the first place? :S

CivicTypeR
07-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Stops fluid from getting all over your engine bay :P

-JC-
07-06-2012, 06:38 AM
But if there was fluid spillage wouldn't that be a problem in the first place? :S

Yeah it would be, but if you have a look here . . . http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?156024-The-TRAVDM-EP3R-journey......No-shit-i-did-mad-ks.-Word./page5

It's already eaten the paint off Trav's rocker cover before he had a chance to notice and rectify the problem. I'm going to fork out the $5 + postage to save having to repaint a rocker cover. I originally thought they were a hard park item only till I saw Trav's thread.

UNA91
07-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Car has been feeling pretty jerky and sluggish lately, particularly going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Did a general service last week and found my front drivers side motor mount is splitting, could that be the cause of it? I've already ordered Hasport 62a street mounts and going to be filling the transmission mount with Sikaflex.

I'm also getting a bit of some rattle/chattering sound, almost like small plastic beads in a plastic bottle with slight jerking when I shift into 2nd and sometimes 3rd at low rpm, particularly when I'm creeping through traffic or downshifting to slow down for a bump.

Also a creaking sound coming from the front; similar sound to when you open a house door that needs a lil 4wd at the hinges. Usually comes on when I'm pulling away slowly from 1st. Have been todl it may be the endlinks, but it looks fine and couldn't find any movement or play in them. Oh questions.. :\

bluey45
07-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I have the same creak coming from the front as well. I'm not sure where its coming from. I'll prob bring it down to my mechanic for a look.

JDM EP3
07-06-2012, 05:47 PM
^ Steering rack? Do you feel it through the steering column?

bluey45
07-06-2012, 06:12 PM
^ Steering rack? Do you feel it through the steering column?

I'm not sure. I'm thinking the rack needs a regrease but I can feel it through the column.

JDM EP3
07-06-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure. I'm thinking the rack needs a regrease but I can feel it through the column.

If you can feel it trough the column then it will most likely be that. As soon as I got mine regreased the issue went away.

bluey45
07-06-2012, 07:39 PM
If you can feel it trough the column then it will most likely be that. As soon as I got mine regreased the issue went away.

Cheers mate. I'm gonna go see my mechanic tomorrow to get it done. Don't have the right equipment at home.

UNA91
07-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Can't tell if i can feel it since my cars pretty stiff lol, but it's almost like somethings rubbing against each other hard. It's a really deep creaking sound, sort of like when your on a hill and holding your brakes and just lightly ride the brakes if that makes sense?

aRze
08-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Regrease time ;)

UNA91
08-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Creaking recently got worst, especially when pulling away. I've been led to to think that this is caused my by front split mount and maybe my rear mount (haven't checked) since the sound is coming from the front driver side... hopefully the new mounts coming in will fix it. The sound is pretty significant when i'm going up a hill in low gear, where the motor has to work/move more.

bluey45
08-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Just got car back today from my mechanic. All it needed was a regrease and all noise gone. Back to normal :D

UNA91
10-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Man, this is the exact problem i'm having... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAmJNdfsWI

also evident in this vid of an ep3, at about 1:11mins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qweNnSwkS0

noise comes on when accelerating from 0-60km (1st to 3rd gear) and sometimes when i brake quickly to a stop (which was why i assumed the motor mounts, maybe not?)

Can anyone relate to this? If it actually the steering rack? There's no sound when i turn the steering wheel

aRze
10-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Man, this is the exact problem i'm having... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtAmJNdfsWI

also evident in this vid of an ep3, at about 1:11mins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qweNnSwkS0

noise comes on when accelerating from 0-60km (1st to 3rd gear) and sometimes when i brake quickly to a stop (which was why i assumed the motor mounts, maybe not?)

Can anyone relate to this? If it actually the steering rack? There's no sound when i turn the steering wheel

Get a re-grease, should fix the squeaking
See if you still have any issues after that is done ^_^

bluey45
10-06-2012, 09:23 AM

Did you try to regrease the steering rack?

bennjamin
10-06-2012, 10:08 AM
A lot of this creaking is the actual subframe or chassis around the steering rack.
Incorrectly torqued mounting bolts/ reused bolts for the steering rack can creak and groan , as they are under significant load from the rack and wheels/suspension.

UNA91
10-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Pretty confident it's the steering rack needing greasing now; just read a thread on clubep3 with the same problem and posted the exact same videos lol. How do you remove the metal ring that holds the rubber boot? Is it re-usable?

bennjamin
10-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Pretty confident it's the steering rack needing greasing now; just read a thread on clubep3 with the same problem and posted the exact same videos lol. How do you remove the metal ring that holds the rubber boot? Is it re-usable?

It's a special clamping tool - you can use hlarge heavy duty cable ties to the same effect.
Some people just cut a small slit in the top of the boot and spray a decent amount of lubrication in, - lasts for sometime and easy enough to spray in again

UNA91
10-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Might buy some hose clamps then, same ones they use for holding the intake hose lol That way it'll be easy to loosen aswell, guess i'll just cut off the rings then, hope i don't damage the boot.

UNA91
10-06-2012, 11:59 PM
But then the ring that holds the boot is metal lol

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/99d4b8bd75.jpg

DreadAngel
11-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Ahhhh, I was imagining you doing something else...

Disregard XD

mkirelenko
11-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi All,

Needing help here - I've recently started to experience grinding and some rattling on the right side and ocassion ratting directly underneath my seat.

When i first experienced i thought my recaro chair was moving but i soon realised it was the rattling that was occuring.

It occurs on throttle in any gear and it will last for several minutes as im driving and will intermittently go away. When it is in neutral the grinding and rattle goes away. When i REV it in neutral from memory i think it also makes the grinding sound like its being supressed.

RIt has happened for 2 days now and I dont want to cause any more damage. Right now it's at a friends house and I dont want to drive it causing more damage and want to make sure Im looking after it.

I am unsure what to do and want to fix it as soon as possible, any help would be great. Also if anyone could recommend a place to take my beloved car to in Sydney that would be much appreciated.

bluey45
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Hi All,

Needing help here - I've recently started to experience grinding and some rattling on the right side and ocassion ratting directly underneath my seat.

When i first experienced i thought my recaro chair was moving but i soon realised it was the rattling that was occuring.

It occurs on throttle in any gear and it will last for several minutes as im driving and will intermittently go away. When it is in neutral the grinding and rattle goes away. When i REV it in neutral from memory i think it also makes the grinding sound like its being supressed.

RIt has happened for 2 days now and I dont want to cause any more damage. Right now it's at a friends house and I dont want to drive it causing more damage and want to make sure Im looking after it.

I am unsure what to do and want to fix it as soon as possible, any help would be great. Also if anyone could recommend a place to take my beloved car to in Sydney that would be much appreciated.

Hey mate. You can either bring it down to hannys or top one. They both are in Sydney

UNA91
11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Yep, greased up the steering rack and the creaking sound is gone now. Took me a while to pry the clamp off tho, held down by zip ties temporarily. Must be the winter and my car has caught a cold lol Thanks guys!

brody
11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
off topic but..

farkk.. changing the clutch in the ep3 is a dam nightmare. haha one of those days where its just one thing after another. should be done tomorrow arvo though along with the new radiator, thanks to Mishimoto:) (fingers crossed).
Havent driven it for a good month or so now.. just want it on the road!!

CivicTypeR
11-06-2012, 07:52 PM
what clutch did you get?

brody
11-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Fools old exedy stage 1 and lightweight flywheel. No need to go too extreme at the moment haha.

brody
11-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Good*

CivicTypeR
12-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Fools old exedy stage 1 and lightweight flywheel. No need to go too extreme at the moment haha.

Nice. Yeah that's what I have, good clutch.

JDM EP3
12-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Nice. Yeah that's what I have, good clutch.

Is it a hard clutch to live with for a daily ride?

brody
12-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Sweet. My brother has it in his ek b18c and says its the best mod he's done so far:)

butterfingers
12-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Is it a hard clutch to live with for a daily ride?

revs drop fast so shifting faster would help with a smooth ride
very bitey friction point, really hard to make a smooth 3rd to 2nd downshift without rev matching
and the weight

but you get used to it and its a joy to drive

JDM EP3
12-06-2012, 01:28 PM
revs drop fast so shifting faster would help with a smooth ride
very bitey friction point, really hard to make a smooth 3rd to 2nd downshift without rev matching
and the weight

but you get used to it and its a joy to drive

So the pedal pressure is alot higher?
I remember I had an excedy HD clutch in my integra and for a daily in peak hour traffic I hated it, my leg felt like it would explode by the time I got home. But I assume these are a different kind as they are branded sports organic?

butterfingers
12-06-2012, 02:06 PM
So the pedal pressure is alot higher?
I remember I had an excedy HD clutch in my integra and for a daily in peak hour traffic I hated it, my leg felt like it would explode by the time I got home. But I assume these are a different kind as they are branded sports organic?

the 1st 2 days i was getting a left quad work out driving to work. after a week i decided i will not daily the ep3 lol
after getting used to it you forget abt how heavy the pedal pressuere is.
until i jumped in my mates Alto.
i almost kicked thru the firewall out of anticipatory habit.

quite springy, and friction point abt 2/3 almost 3/4 way up in my one at least

CivicTypeR
12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah pedal pressure is higher, knee starts to fatigue in traffic lol.

Mine is about 2/3 of the way too its normal.

aRze
12-06-2012, 06:50 PM
can you still ride the sports organic clutch in the same way as the OEM one, when pulling away/shifting?

Or does it burn it too much?

butterfingers
12-06-2012, 06:53 PM
can you still ride the sports organic clutch in the same way as the OEM one, when pulling away/shifting?

Or does it burn it too much?

i know it doesnt burn
even when i try to ride it
it either engages or it doesnt lol
friction zone as thin as a piece of paper

JDM EP3
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Right now my clutch feels like it has plenty of life in it still so I won't be looking at changing until I need to

aRze
12-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Ahh,
would you recommend something else for daily driving, like OEM replacement?

bennjamin
12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
guiz

please get an exedy organic clutch kit. Had it on 3 previous cars incl. my ep3R.

This is a HD clutch pressure plate ( gives heavier feel) and organic clutch disc ( gives better longevity compared to OEM ) and better engagement. Fantastic to use in pretty much all street applications and decent use at the drag strip or track.

aRze
12-06-2012, 07:17 PM
guiz

please get an exedy organic clutch kit. Had it on 3 previous cars incl. my ep3R.

This is a HD clutch pressure plate ( gives heavier feel) and organic clutch disc ( gives better longevity compared to OEM ) and better engagement. Fantastic to use in pretty much all street applications and decent use at the drag strip or track.

Is that the HD clutch under the Sports Tuff series or the Stage 1 in the Racing series of the Exedy product range?

mocchi
12-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Is that the HD clutch under the Sports Tuff series or the Stage 1 in the Racing series of the Exedy product range?

its called sports organic
not heavy duty.

what ben is referring to is the pressure plate has higher clamping pressure than oem thus it's a heavy duty clutch. not the name is hd.

butterfingers
12-06-2012, 07:28 PM
out of curiosity
does both sports tuff and racing series exedy clutch kits come with a lightweight flywheel?
or is it only the racing series?

aRze
12-06-2012, 07:35 PM
thought you had to buy flywheel seperately.

mocchi
12-06-2012, 07:36 PM
out of curiosity
does both sports tuff and racing series exedy clutch kits come with a lightweight flywheel?
or is it only the racing series?

i dont think any clutch kit would come with flywheel.
its always separate.

clutch kit usually only clutch plate, pressure plate, pilot bearing/bush and release bearing. plus some grease.

senna
12-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Depends on clutch kit - if the diameter of the plate is the same as stock then you will only get the clutch - if the diameter is different then you must change the flywheel and in this case the kit will come with flywheel...

Eskimo_firefighter
13-06-2012, 11:20 AM
anyone know an ep3r wreck in vic? please pm me. cheers

butterfingers
13-06-2012, 03:49 PM
whats a good recaro cleaning agent?

senna
13-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Wool wash

butterfingers
13-06-2012, 04:16 PM
can u jsut pick it up anywhere?

senna
13-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Coles or woolies should have it

spookz
13-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Autoglym Interior Shampoo is also good. I've used it with great results!

aRze
13-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Autoglym Interior Shampoo is also good. I've used it with great results!

Second this!

butterfingers
14-06-2012, 02:20 PM
how much to fix or replace front LCA?

did wheel alignment and found i had positive camber
possibly bent LCA or sheared camber bolts

JDM EP3
14-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Anyone know if the hardrace EP3 front strut bar clears the GruppeM intake?

SuperSteve
14-06-2012, 06:32 PM
go a picture of it ?? Cant find it

Only 2 front strut bars i know of are the J's Racing and the M&M Honda bars.

JDM EP3
14-06-2012, 06:55 PM
go a picture of it ?? Cant find it

Only 2 front strut bars i know of are the J's Racing and the M&M Honda bars.

Will post one up when I get home in an hour

Edit: pics of the Ultra racing.

http://www.ultraracingaustralia.com.au/images/Honda%20EP3%20front.JPG

RPS.13
14-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Tegiwa also make one now. They'll copy pretty much any aftermarket product available for the ep!

JDM EP3
14-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Tegiwa also make one now. They'll copy pretty much any aftermarket product available for the ep!

lol, as long as its quality made stuff at a good price I wont complain. Has Tegiwa not come up with their own original products though?

SuperSteve
14-06-2012, 08:32 PM
ummmm by looking at the layout of the engine bay i dont think that is a EP3. Looking at that design i dont think it would clear the gruppe m ( going by the picture ofcourse ) i guess if you know of a shop that has it on the shelf u could ask to take to your car and have a look

JDM EP3
14-06-2012, 09:14 PM
ummmm by looking at the layout of the engine bay i dont think that is a EP3. Looking at that design i dont think it would clear the gruppe m ( going by the picture ofcourse ) i guess if you know of a shop that has it on the shelf u could ask to take to your car and have a look

Yeah its pretty obvious that its not an ep3 its most likely an EU, I dont think they sell these here in Melb but I know they have them up in Sydney and they did say that if I was there I could trial fit it and see.

CivicTypeR
14-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Anyone know if the hardrace EP3 front strut bar clears the GruppeM intake?

Hardrace make front strut bars for ep3 now? :S

JDM EP3
14-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Hardrace make front strut bars for ep3 now? :S

opps I mean Ultra racing

UNA91
14-06-2012, 11:50 PM
When I floor my car to vtec, on safe roads of course, the steering wheel starts to pull left and right, its a scary feeling lol i'm currently running wheels with some tyres with about 30% thread left on the fronts. Figured i'd just wear it out abit then swap over new ones. Now these wheels are not balanced, no weights on them. Could this pulling be caused by an unbalanced wheel or is it an alignment issue?

JDM EP3
15-06-2012, 12:00 AM
When I floor my car to vtec, on safe roads of course, the steering wheel starts to pull left and right, its a scary feeling lol i'm currently running wheels with some tyres with about 30% thread left on the fronts. Figured i'd just wear it out abit then swap over new ones. Now these wheels are not balanced, no weights on them. Could this pulling be caused by an unbalanced wheel or is it an alignment issue?

No that's just torque steer :p

brody
15-06-2012, 03:53 AM
Check your wheel nuts are tight.

-JC-
15-06-2012, 07:58 AM
No that's just torque steer :p

Combination of torque steer and LSD in the front too. If you haven't driven a FF with LSD before it will take some getting used to.

Lukezen27
15-06-2012, 08:51 AM

LSD might be worn out

I've got 140iish KW at the wheels and broken 3 mounts hit'n it hard at the creek and I get no torque steer

Could be tyres or wheel balance

senna
15-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Alignment and control arm bushes are probably stuffed which will increase the torque steer effect...

UNA91
15-06-2012, 09:26 AM
yea, just strange that i've never had this torque steering (what torque? lol) effect when i was using oem wheels with newer tyres on. Guess i'll just swap the fronts with new tyres and balancing and see what happens. Alignment was done about 5000kms ago

senna
15-06-2012, 09:35 AM
are the current wheels worn on the inside edge more than the outer?

JDM EP3
15-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Combination of torque steer and LSD in the front too. If you haven't driven a FF with LSD before it will take some getting used to.

I havent driven an FF before with an LSD just my old Gsi teg, can you explain how the feel of the LSD is?
I feel it kinda like pulling from one side to next when turning and accelerating.

-JC-
15-06-2012, 11:58 AM
The LSD doing its job can feel like that when turning etc as its feeding power to the wheel that has the most traction, which could change as you go.

It could also be dodgy bushes, or some other suspension issue,I guess it depends on the severity of the issue, can't be any harm in having it checked out at least though.

butterfingers
15-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I havent driven an FF before with an LSD just my old Gsi teg, can you explain how the feel of the LSD is?
I feel it kinda like pulling from one side to next when turning and accelerating.

its quite common
ive literally changed lanes from hitting vtec

mocchi
15-06-2012, 01:22 PM
its quite common
ive literally changed lanes from hitting vtec

ahahahahh

UNA91
16-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Well another issue thats completely different... My aftermarket alarm keeps going off randomly, and it seems to be one of the proximity sensors that was triggered. This only happened after i had parked my car outside over night; and the result was there was condensation on the whole car, and the car was pretty wet.

Am i getting the old moisture entering the antenna problem that the pre-FL EP3 supposedly suffer from? But I have parked my car outside during the winter several times for it to accumulate condensation all over the car. Just dunno why this time is different...

spookz
16-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Well another issue thats completely different... My aftermarket alarm keeps going off randomly, and it seems to be one of the proximity sensors that was triggered. This only happened after i had parked my car outside over night; and the result was there was condensation on the whole car, and the car was pretty wet.

Am i getting the old moisture entering the antenna problem that the pre-FL EP3 supposedly suffer from? But I have parked my car outside during the winter several times for it to accumulate condensation all over the car. Just dunno why this time is different...

I have a similar problem.. I thought it was my battery dropping volts..

UNA91
16-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Lol, silly me I found out what it was... Found that only the glass break sensor was being triggered. Then I found out that I had left my phone in my car last night and the phone signals has been sending high frequencies sort of like the sound when you put a phone near a speaker and receive call... and since the sensor works by picking up high pitched frequencies like sound of breaking glass, the alarm went off.

I think I should adjust the sensitivity of it lol =.=

brody
16-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Went to install my new mishimoto radiator yesterday. Not that impressed so far.

The mishimoto fans don't fit the radiator (aware you need the bracket.. but seriously, why not make it easy)
Decided to just leave my OEM fans on for the time being.. screw holes don't line up properly so gotta be careful you don't strip it.

Was in and ready to fill when I saw the overflow connection on the radiator was loose. Went to tighten it, not even 2 turns and it just snaps off like plastic. Wasn't cross threading or anything. Part of the connection is still inside the hole so will have to see if a mate can drill it and re thread without getting crap in the radiator

So overall not very happy considering I paid $700 odd for rad fans hoses.

Icebox
17-06-2012, 01:46 AM
hey guys

so i was driving home from work just then (i work in a hotel explains the early morning post :D) and while i was driving the engine light popped up, was kinda worried i just had my belt changed for the car.

popped the bonnet and nothing seems to be out of place or anything, engine mount still going strong and fluids are near full. any ideas on what might be the issue? im leaning towards either my o2 sensors has just gave up or either the mechanic knocked something out of place during the replacement of the belt.

anyone ever had the same issue? and was the problem?

use my car as a daily for my other job~~ and i dont wanna be putting the car under stress with the engine light on

Lukezen27
17-06-2012, 09:41 AM
hey guys

so i was driving home from work just then (i work in a hotel explains the early morning post :D) and while i was driving the engine light popped up, was kinda worried i just had my belt changed for the car.

popped the bonnet and nothing seems to be out of place or anything, engine mount still going strong and fluids are near full. any ideas on what might be the issue? im leaning towards either my o2 sensors has just gave up or either the mechanic knocked something out of place during the replacement of the belt.

use my car as a daily for my other job~~ and i dont wanna be putting the car under stress with the engine light on

yeah when the o2 sensors goes the light comes on but the car runs fine :)

Just eats more gas than normal

Lukezen27
17-06-2012, 09:45 AM
On a lighter note my insurance nearly dropped by half......................................

$1100 last year $660 this upcoming renewal

Bloody great new as it was one of my hates about owning an import

Icebox
17-06-2012, 10:32 AM
yeah when the o2 sensors goes the light comes on but the car runs fine :)

Just eats more gas than normal

Worst nightmare to hear, that its gonna be drinking more petrol =O. i might have to take it to hannys tomorrow morning or top one then...

any ideas if they would stock that kinda of part on hand ?

JDM EP3
17-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Worst nightmare to hear, that its gonna be drinking more petrol =O. i might have to take it to hannys tomorrow morning or top one then...

Anyone know how to adjust the headlights on the EP3?

iQQ
17-06-2012, 11:35 AM
On a lighter note my insurance nearly dropped by half......................................

$1100 last year $660 this upcoming renewal

Bloody great new as it was one of my hates about owning an import

thats sweet as! what insurance are you with?

Lukezen27
17-06-2012, 11:54 AM

Yeah its a normal K20 02 sensor I believe

thats sweet as! what insurance are you with?

Just car :)

RPS.13
17-06-2012, 12:23 PM
hey guys

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?62265-CEL-Codes-How-to-check-em-and-what-they-mean

http://www.k-series.com/content.php?696-Got-a-Check-Engine-Light-(CEL

Click on the link and do the paper clip trick. Follow the codes to determine what's wrong. It could be one or even more codes coming up.

First time my engine light came on was after a header install. The secondary o2 sensor malfunctioned (65), which was replaced. Then second time it came up, same malfunction code with an additional fuel system code (45). The light went off later that evening after the track day.

UNA91
17-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Anyone know how to adjust the headlights on the EP3?

If you pop the bonnet and look at the top of your headlights, you should see the letters U - D (Up & down) and L - R (Left & Right) with arrows showing which way to turn to adjust. You should then see little slots where you can put a long philips screw driver in to turn the dials. The one just behind the high beam adjusts the light Up and down. The one towards the side fender adjusts it left and right.

The little metal thing is what the slots should lead your screwdriver to, the head of the screwdriver will meet with the teeth of the metal thing and you just turn to adjust.

http://i78.phhttp://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/orlyp/DSC00132.jpghttp://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/orlyp/DSC00132.jpg

Icebox
17-06-2012, 02:02 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?62265-CEL-Codes-How-to-check-em-and-what-they-mean

http://www.k-series.com/content.php?696-Got-a-Check-Engine-Light-(CEL

Click on the link and do the paper clip trick. Follow the codes to determine what's wrong. It could be one or even more codes coming up.

First time my engine light came on was after a header install. The secondary o2 sensor malfunctioned (65), which was replaced. Then second time it came up, same malfunction code with an additional fuel system code (45). The light went off later that evening after the track day.

thanks for the info, i just took it to Benny at BYB, lucky he had his shop open today or i would have had to fake a sickie just to go get it replaced, overall assumption was indeed right

primary o2 sensor was gone. overall quick fix thanks to Benny :thumbsup:

JDM EP3
17-06-2012, 04:49 PM
If you pop the bonnet and look at the top of your headlights, you should see the letters U - D (Up & down) and L - R (Left & Right) with arrows showing which way to turn to adjust. You should then see little slots where you can put a long philips screw driver in to turn the dials. The one just behind the high beam adjusts the light Up and down. The one towards the side fender adjusts it left and right.

The little metal thing is what the slots should lead your screwdriver to, the head of the screwdriver will meet with the teeth of the metal thing and you just turn to adjust.

http://i78.phhttp://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/orlyp/DSC00132.jpghttp://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j107/orlyp/DSC00132.jpg

Hey man thanks for that info, its really hard to make out the letters for U-D I couldnt actually make them out. So the up/down screw is the one furthest away from the fender?

UNA91
17-06-2012, 08:28 PM
The up & down screw should be the one just next to the high beams so yea it's the one furthest away from the fender; you should be able to see it easily on the drivers side light. From my memory I think turning it anti-clockwise (facing the front of the car) will move the lights up and visa versa.

btw, my info is based on the FL headlight, but it should be the same

Perry
17-06-2012, 09:15 PM
thanks for the info, i just took it to Benny at BYB, lucky he had his shop open today or i would have had to fake a sickie just to go get it replaced, overall assumption was indeed right

primary o2 sensor was gone. overall quick fix thanks to Benny :thumbsup:

Nice meeting you today icebox you were lucky he normally dont open on Sundays.

butterfingers
18-06-2012, 09:21 AM
what time does BYP open till and WHERE IS HE?
thx

Perry
18-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Normal business hours sometimes they stay back.

276-278 Victoria St
Wetherill Park 2164

Lukezen27
18-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Guys

What's the part number for the drivers side oil filled engine mount?

butterfingers
18-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Normal business hours sometimes they stay back.

276-278 Victoria St
Wetherill Park 2164

thx champ

UNA91
18-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Got my Hasport drivers side mount in today, and quality is nice; you can see where you money went to lol. It also really blings after giving it a polish with good old brasso.

Haven't gotten into installing it yet since I spent almost half a day trying to remove my old oem mount from the car and couldn't even remove a single bolt! Everything is so tight, sigh

Lukezen27
18-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Got my Hasport drivers side mount in today, and quality is nice; you can see where you money went to lol. It also really blings after giving it a polish with good old brasso.

Haven't gotten into installing it yet since I spent almost half a day trying to remove my old oem mount from the car and couldn't even remove a single bolt! Everything is so tight, sigh

I've got Innovation mounts all round but I'm over the vibrations

Stock mount for me only and brand new

SuperSteve
18-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Hey guys just added a few new items check it out

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?164272-EP3-Parts-plus-various-Parts-FS

Icebox
18-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice meeting you today icebox you were lucky he normally dont open on Sundays.

Nice meeting you to Perry, haha yeah really do consider my self lucky. thank god, if they werent would have been paranoid for until i got it fixed

UNA91
20-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Uhh, currently installing the the hasport motor mouunt and ran into a problem... the mount itself lines up perfectly, but when i put the bracket on i have to adjust the mount so its seated in, and when it s seated in, the mounts do not line up anymore. Perhaps they pressed the inserts in the wrong direction?

Holes lined up without the bracket:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8941/imag0544l.jpg

And after bracket has been seated:
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7071/imag0542j.jpg
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/41/imag0543b.jpg

wtf..

RPS.13
20-06-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm unable to view the images at work, but I'm assuming its the same problem I had. For the drivers side mount, I had to twist the rubber mount and bracket until it lined up. It is quite hard to move but it does move. I had to adjust it several times, installed and removed several times too to get the right position. Was a bit frustrating to get it to line up right.

So yeah, you'll have to twist it around until its in the right position. I think from memory I just twisted it by hand. Most annoying thing was if I twisted too far, then I had to remove it, twist it again then reinstall it. From memory I couldn't twist it whilst it was mounted.

UNA91
20-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm unable to view the images at work, but I'm assuming its the same problem I had. For the drivers side mount, I had to twist the rubber mount and bracket until it lined up. It is quite hard to move but it does move. I had to adjust it several times, installed and removed several times too to get the right position. Was a bit frustrating to get it to line up right.

So yeah, you'll have to twist it around until its in the right position. I think from memory I just twisted it by hand. Most annoying thing was if I twisted too far, then I had to remove it, twist it again then reinstall it. From memory I couldn't twist it whilst it was mounted.

Haha yeah, I eventually figured that from trying to remove the bolt under the mount that goes through, it made the whole insert rotate; so I was able to adjust it enough till it lined up perfectly. Thanks!

Btw, starting up the car now feels more shakey and the vibrations were a little evident at idle, but not that it's a bad thing... sort of adds character to the car haha pulling away in 1st, and shifting to 2nd is less jerky than before.

JDM EP3
20-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Haha yeah, I eventually figured that from trying to remove the bolt under the mount that goes through, it made the whole insert rotate; so I was able to adjust it enough till it lined up perfectly. Thanks!

Btw, starting up the car now feels more shakey and the vibrations were a little evident at idle, but not that it's a bad thing... sort of adds character to the car haha pulling away in 1st, and shifting to 2nd is less jerky than before.
Ah yes that jerkyness from 1st-2nd and 3rd, makes u shift reall smoothly. My brother always bounces the car when he drives it.

UNA91
20-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah haha, the mounts fixed it up real good, throttle response feels so much more solid and driving is so much more smoother now; but while idling, the vibration is evident, the steering wheel and shifter shakes abit lol and i can feel it on my ass and feet but its not so bad, heaps worth it. It also fixed the 2nd gear 'mini grind/scratching' issue i had when ever i shift to 2nd.

JDM EP3
20-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah haha, the mounts fixed it up real good, throttle response feels so much more solid and driving is so much more smoother now; but while idling, the vibration is evident, the steering wheel and shifter shakes abit lol and i can feel it on my ass and feet but its not so bad, heaps worth it. It also fixed the 2nd gear 'mini grind/scratching' issue i had when ever i shift to 2nd.

is a worthwhile upgrade and I was already looking at getting these next for the car

bluey45
20-06-2012, 03:27 PM
is a worthwhile upgrade and I was already looking at getting these next for the car

Well I got new mounts first thing on my ep3 when I got my car. Feels like a new car.

butterfingers
20-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Might invest in these
All using Hasport?

Perry
20-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Im still deciding between Mugen with insert or J's

JDM EP3
20-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Im still deciding between Mugen with insert or J's

Hasport for me all the way, btw anyone know what the stock EP3 swaybar size is? 15mm? I just got my energy suspension bushing kit and see that it has 15mm size busing, wanted to use that with the whiteline swaybar as they are alot firmer than the whiteline stuff.

bluey45
20-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Might invest in these
All using Hasport?

Well I'm using mugen mounts.

UNA91
20-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Might invest in these
All using Hasport?

It's well worth it, before my car felt sluggish and jerky decelerating and shifting; now it feels more responsive and overall better to drive. Rev matching was also more smoothed out since the engine doesn't spend so much time bouncing around. Tho, I only got the drivers side mount since the old one was split to the point it just looked like a hamburger. >.>

It was a decision between innovative and hasport mounts, but went for hasport after reading that the innovative mount inserts tend to lose its shape and oval out. I'm going to be using Sikaflex 252 (3M window weld alternative) to fill my transmission mounts since it seems to be a pretty popular 'mod' especially amongst the nissan guys; its supposedly meant to have a good balance between stiffness and ride comfort, i think its rated around 55a durometer, so i thought why not give it a try?

Hasport for me all the way, btw anyone know what the stock EP3 swaybar size is? 15mm? I just got my energy suspension bushing kit and see that it has 15mm size busing, wanted to use that with the whiteline swaybar as they are alot firmer than the whiteline stuff.

The rear sway bar is 22mm hollow, but not sure about the front ones.

butterfingers
20-06-2012, 05:30 PM
It's well worth it, before my car felt sluggish and jerky decelerating and shifting; now it feels more responsive and overall better to drive. Rev matching was also more smoothed out since the engine doesn't spend so much time bouncing around. Tho, I only got the drivers side mount since the old one was split to the point it just looked like a hamburger. >.>

It was a decision between innovative and hasport mounts, but went for hasport after reading that the innovative mount inserts tend to lose its shape and oval out. I'm going to be using Sikaflex 252 (3M window weld alternative) to fill my transmission mounts since it seems to be a pretty popular 'mod' especially amongst the nissan guys; its supposedly meant to have a good balance between stiffness and ride comfort, i think its rated around 55a durometer, so i thought why not give it a try?

The rear sway bar is 22mm hollow, but not sure about the front ones.

Nice
Good to know it improves the feel of rev matching too

baby_phantom
20-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi i got my ep3 type r today, from IMG service etc was excellent, im going it to get it checked but before i go i might aswell ask on the furoms, my ep3r jams alot from 1st to 2nd gear at 8000rpm, before vtec it shifts fine, its not me because i press the clutch all the way down and also hold the shifter to the left while shifting from 1st to 2nd and still just jams alot, sometimes it dosent, i make sure the car is fully warmed up when i done this and still the same problem, alot have said it could be oil or syncro's either way i have warranty so its cool. But still would like some help before i take it in.

bluey45
20-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi i got my ep3 type r today, from IMG service etc was excellent, im going it to get it checked but before i go i might aswell ask on the furoms, my ep3r jams alot from 1st to 2nd gear at 8000rpm, before vtec it shifts fine, its not me because i press the clutch all the way down and also hold the shifter to the left while shifting from 1st to 2nd and still just jams alot, sometimes it dosent, i make sure the car is fully warmed up when i done this and still the same problem, alot have said it could be oil or syncro's either way i have warranty so its cool. But still would like some help before i take it in.

Congrats on purchase. Maybe just bring it down for a service. Probably just needs fluids changed for transmission.

brody
20-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Not sure where too post things like this so move it if need be or let us know somewhere more suitable.

http://www.autodynamics-honda.com/
These guys ^^^^

They are a great source for OEM parts. Reliable, great customer service, reasonable prices, and fast shipping.
Purchased a coolant temperature sensor on the 15th. Arrive today. Paid just over $70 for it (including express postage), which is $20 odd cheaper than Honda (none were in stock so would probably take 3 years for postage).

just thought Id mention them for future reference.

baby_phantom
20-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Sweet will book it in for a trans fluid change, also when im at high rpm and let off the gas whilst in gear i hear a weird metal grinding sorta noise like a metal disc grinding against each other, any clues ?

UNA91
20-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I recommend using Original Honda MTF, which solved my 1st to 2nd lock out problems during cold start.

brody
20-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm runni.g hardrace mounts at the moment. Feels awesome and ride comfort is great. Obviously vibrates in cabin but not bad..

JDM EP3
20-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I recommend using Original Honda MTF, which solved my 1st to 2nd lock out problems during cold start.

+1 to Honda MTF, although I would like to try some more exotic oil for my gearbox next time and see how that feels

CivicTypeR
21-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Yeah sounds like your gears need to be oiled. Had that problem too when I first got my car.+1 for the Honda MTF.

Symphorced
21-06-2012, 08:22 AM
+1 to Honda MTF, although I would like to try some more exotic oil for my gearbox next time and see how that feels

Seen a couple of guys on this forum do the very same thing only to find it made their crunching gears worse. Needless to say, they reverted back to MTF06 very quickly.

UNA91
21-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I found Honda MTF to be the only oil that didn't lock me out of 1st and 2nd; i've tried Cusco and Redline and i felt like i needed to force the gears in more if not it'll grind. I think it was something to do with the thickness of the oils, then again I've also heard Honda used engine oil as their trans oil lol

Looking to further improve the feel of the car... anyone have experience with steel braided brake lines? or even the brake stoppers/brace? Are they worhit for a daily driver with a little spirited drive sometimes?

Mikeyy168
22-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Looking to further improve the feel of the car... anyone have experience with steel braided brake lines? or even the brake stoppers/brace? Are they worhit for a daily driver with a little spirited drive sometimes?

if its only daily drive and occasional spirited then i dont think so. i did it just for the fun of it. upgraded the rotors, pads and thought... well if spending money on this.. might aswell get the braided lines.

the OEM ones expand as you brake more and more due to heat so you lose braking power. steel lines wont.

bluey45
22-06-2012, 03:47 PM
if its only daily drive and occasional spirited then i dont think so. i did it just for the fun of it. upgraded the rotors, pads and thought... well if spending money on this.. might aswell get the braided lines.

the OEM ones expand as you brake more and more due to heat so you lose braking power. steel lines wont.

Yeah same here. Got the pads, rotors and braided lines as well. I feel that braking seems much more firmer with braided lines. Anyone feel the same?
At one point was considering getting them spoon calipers but would have to either get some spacers or new wheels.

RPS.13
22-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Brake stopper is well worth the money. Good cheap and easy mod. You can really feel the difference in the pedal feel.