PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type R

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

brody
15-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Spoon are sexy as f*ck

bluey45
15-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Spoon calipers or dc5 brembos? Blue pill or red pill? Down the rabbit hole
We go

Spoon I'd say.

brody
16-07-2012, 11:57 AM
If your upgrading fronts.. what are you going to upgrade the rears too/or not?
May be a silly question.. as spoon may do rears for our car as well.

butterfingers
16-07-2012, 11:58 AM
If your upgrading fronts.. what are you going to upgrade the rears too/or not?
May be a silly question.. as spoon may do rears for our car as well.

do they? ive only ever seen brake upgrades on the front

kyzz
16-07-2012, 08:12 PM
No one want the tien strut?

brody
16-07-2012, 10:01 PM
do they? ive only ever seen brake upgrades on the front

Nah they don't. Was just making sure I wasn't wrong haha.

butterfingers
17-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Nah they don't. Was just making sure I wasn't wrong haha.

sneaky sneaky bastard, putting doubts into young minds... your good, you

brody
17-07-2012, 10:10 AM
It wasn't like that sir. I swear

UNA91
17-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Just remembered to cleaned my cabin filters, man they were dusty as hell. Just washed them since i was too lazy to get replacements lol water was murky and really black o.o

iQQ
17-07-2012, 04:47 PM
got a free gruppe m intake today! anyone got a spare oem cowl top they wanna sell? pm me

bluey45
17-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Looks like there was a big fire at the awafi charcoal chicken place. Police sealed main street at granville and firemen and fire trucks everywhere.

JDM EP3
17-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Looks like there was a big fire at the awafi charcoal chicken place. Police sealed main street at granville and firemen and fire trucks everywhere.

mmm that made me crave some charcoal chicken now...

butterfingers
17-07-2012, 06:05 PM
El jannarh?

bluey45
17-07-2012, 06:21 PM
El jannarh?

Nah not el jannah. Its the other one that is always empty lol. Looks a bit shifty to me.

kenny07
17-07-2012, 08:15 PM
i prefer La mono!

stienerv2
17-07-2012, 08:18 PM
got a free gruppe m intake today! anyone got a spare oem cowl top they wanna sell? pm me

How did you get it for free? lol

bluey45
17-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Must be bargain of the century :)

Icebox
17-07-2012, 08:34 PM

super jelly~~~~ :eek::eek::eek::eek:

UNA91
17-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone know where I can find a mugen wing? I can only find the CF Seibon one on ebay, just wondering if theres any other options, preferably cheaper as well lol I understand original is like $1000+ and extremely rare. I don't mind reps as long as they fit well.

I just love the way they set the car off at every angle, where as with stock, on certain angles it looks wingless and resembles a pimped out mini van lol Then again, this is personal preference... :P

butterfingers
17-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Anyone know where I can find a mugen wing? I can only find the CF Seibon one on ebay, just wondering if theres any other options, preferably cheaper as well lol I understand original is like $1000+ and extremely rare. I don't mind reps as long as they fit well.

I just love the way they set the car off at every angle, where as with stock, on certain angles it looks wingless and resembles a pimped out mini van lol Then again, this is personal preference... :P

I've always wondered about the Mugen wing with the cf middle blade part. Is it a variant of the Mugen wing? Is it just custom cf wrapped from a normal one?

Symphorced
17-07-2012, 11:48 PM
I've always wondered about the Mugen wing with the cf middle blade part. Is it a variant of the Mugen wing? Is it just custom cf wrapped from a normal one?

Either replica (with the other parts painted) or wrapped.

bluey45
18-07-2012, 12:08 AM

I had a mugen wing. But did a swap with one of the forum members here.

Perry
18-07-2012, 01:18 AM

Like you said orginal Mugen will be around 1000 + painting and they didnt made the middle section from memory, I'm running a Seibon mugen style which is the same as mugen but in CF.

Icebox spotted you this evening I think.

UNA91
18-07-2012, 10:35 AM
The original mugen wing is made from fiberglass, but it does look mean with the colour coded sides and carbon fibre or black middle, which is the route i might take if i ever get around putting the money for one lol

anyone willing to part out theirs? :P will even throw in oem + cash lol

Perry
18-07-2012, 10:49 AM
The original mugen wing is made from fiberglass, but it does look mean with the colour coded sides and carbon fibre or black middle, which is the route i might take if i ever get around putting the money for one lol

Hence why I went with Seibon instead of Mugen.

butterfingers
18-07-2012, 11:08 AM
how much are the seibon ones

bluey45
18-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Lol. Well if I could go back in time you would have had my wing. :p

Perry
18-07-2012, 11:50 AM
how much are the seibon ones

600-800

Poeter
18-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Lol. Well if I could go back in time you would have had my wing. :p

lol lucky person with a straight swap. You know who you are :P

TonyxTony
18-07-2012, 12:52 PM
My mechanic called me up this morning, saying my front ball joint has cracked. He ordered dc5 parts thinking it would be the same as the ep3, however it is not the same.

Anyone had the same problem before or know where I can buy that part for ep3? I will try to get the exact model number or part name.

Thanks

Poeter
18-07-2012, 04:06 PM
My mechanic called me up this morning, saying my front ball joint has cracked. He ordered dc5 parts thinking it would be the same as the ep3, however it is not the same.

Anyone had the same problem before or know where I can buy that part for ep3? I will try to get the exact model number or part name.

Thanks

You can perhaps try checking HOnda UK, http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php

UNA91
18-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Does anyones ep3 struggle to crank after maybe 5 days of not starting? Mine took a good 5 secs to crank and then started to rumble and my revs were going nuts, so i turned it off, and tried again and it was normal after...

Perry
18-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Yep mine does that after 3 days of not starting it because of my alarm killing the battery.

butterfingers
18-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Yep mine does that after 3 days of not starting it because of my alarm killing the battery.

Oh what tha **** never realize that lmao. Shit

Hasn't happened to me yet but

Icebox
18-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Like you said orginal Mugen will be around 1000 + painting and they didnt made the middle section from memory, I'm running a Seibon mugen style which is the same as mugen but in CF.

Icebox spotted you this evening I think.

yeah you did spot me, i tried to get next to you at the lights to say Hi but you drive so fast or maybe its just me driving so slow~~ haha :eek:

UNA91
18-07-2012, 09:45 PM

Haha it just scared the hell out of me cause when i finally got it going, it started shaking like hell; felt like a rusty lawnmower or a really old rotary engine lol

Anyway, I also have another problem. Upon start up, my alternator belt squeaks, its not very loud, but its there and goes away when the engine is warm. I know its the belt cause i rubbed a tiny amount of grease and it stopped immediately. I see no wear and the belt is still tightly on.

What could be the problem? has the tensioner gone bad or should i just replace the belt?

Perry
19-07-2012, 12:39 AM
yeah you did spot me, i tried to get next to you at the lights to say Hi but you drive so fast or maybe its just me driving so slow~~ haha :eek:

I think it was the flow of traffic next time ill slow down more.

CivicTypeR
19-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Lmao, spotted like three different EP3's last night at Canley Vale.

butterfingers
19-07-2012, 01:50 PM
For once it wasn't me. I'm at Canley a lot

kenny07
20-07-2012, 08:17 AM
LOL! i live in canley

and there's a few of them around

UNA91
20-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Anyone know if the valve cover gaskets and spark plug seals are the same for K series engines? Or is ours model specific?

Symphorced
20-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Anyone know if the valve cover gaskets and spark plug seals are the same for K series engines? Or is ours model specific?

K20 engines will all have the same ones. Not sure on K24s though...

Azz86
21-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Haha it just scared the hell out of me cause when i finally got it going, it started shaking like hell; felt like a rusty lawnmower or a really old rotary engine lol

Anyway, I also have another problem. Upon start up, my alternator belt squeaks, its not very loud, but its there and goes away when the engine is warm. I know its the belt cause i rubbed a tiny amount of grease and it stopped immediately. I see no wear and the belt is still tightly on.

What could be the problem? has the tensioner gone bad or should i just replace the belt?

My belt squeals on startup too. Worse when it's a cold morning. I was just going to replace the belt. There is an arrow which indicates belt tension. Maybe check that is in the correct place?

JDM EP3
21-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Yeah when its cold and I start the car I get the starter motor gear grind and when its really cold it seems to take longer to start. This car hates starting in the cold.

Mikeyy168
21-07-2012, 11:17 AM
yeah it squealed on me just now... sigh hurts me everytime... no way to fix it is there?

Lukezen27
21-07-2012, 11:18 AM
My belt squeals on startup too. Worse when it's a cold morning. I was just going to replace the belt. There is an arrow which indicates belt tension. Maybe check that is in the correct place?

Mine too..

just deal with it lol

JDM EP3
21-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Speaking of spotted ep3's, I saw what looked like a fob ep3 in clayton the other day

UNA91
21-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Mine too..

just deal with it lol

I don't know of I fixed mine or not but I removed the bolt of the upper pulley (one that sits the highest) and greased up the bearings. I haven't heard any squeaking since then. But not sure since squeaking depends on weather, humidity etc...

TonyxTony
22-07-2012, 10:01 AM
my belt was making heaps of noises too... got my replace and i only hear a little bit.

butterfingers
23-07-2012, 03:24 PM
taking all precautions, parking as far away from other cars as possible in the most discreet corner of the parking lot. and still someone manages to scratch my rear lip. the mark is about the size of the capslock key and its right on the lip of the wheel arch, but it still irritates the ****ing sanity out of me. anyone in sydney can recommend a good spray painter?

kenny07
23-07-2012, 04:51 PM
hey guys.. need soem help

when you guys first got your ep3's

did your cars come with the original headunit.. Gathers VXD-032mi

is there a way to like reset the setting on that thing so i can listen to the radio..

i only get the frequency between 70. something to 90. something

butterfingers
23-07-2012, 04:59 PM
hey guys.. need soem help

when you guys first got your ep3's

did your cars come with the original headunit.. Gathers VXD-032mi

is there a way to like reset the setting on that thing so i can listen to the radio..

i only get the frequency between 70. something to 90. something

ive never seen an ep3 with stock headunit, dont even know what it looks like

kenny07
23-07-2012, 05:07 PM
ill show you a pic.. just gonna look for one on google
lol

kenny07
23-07-2012, 05:08 PM
this is it!

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=562841

that's what i got.. but i found out how to change the frequency..
i need fm converter

kenny07
23-07-2012, 05:09 PM
its got dvd, nav and tv on it!

i cant watch anything on tv but i can sometime listen to the audo for channel 7!
LOL

JDM EP3
23-07-2012, 05:50 PM
its got dvd, nav and tv on it!

i cant watch anything on tv but i can sometime listen to the audo for channel 7!
LOL

Cool, only problem is the lack of tuning on it. I had a Mini Disc player Single Din unit on mine? Wtf?? People still using mini disc back in 2003?
Tore it out of course.

Lukezen27
23-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Cool, only problem is the lack of tuning on it. I had a Mini Disc player Single Din unit on mine? Wtf?? People still using mini disc back in 2003?
Tore it out of course.

Mines a Doule din with mini disc too plus CD

hahah

I should upgrade but I'm lazy

JDM EP3
23-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Mines a Doule din with mini disc too plus CD

hahah

I should upgrade but I'm lazy
Yeah i really hate taking off the face plate for the console reall bitch to take off

UNA91
23-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah i really hate taking off the face plate for the console reall bitch to take off

Worst when I had to solder each and every wire for my DVD headunit in that crowded confined space because the wire harness I got did not match.

kenny07
23-07-2012, 09:31 PM
yeah ive got the double din..

does your navi work?

UNA91
23-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm going to change my valve cover gaskets, and spark plug seals soon when i receive it since its leaking. I need to apply some silicone sealant (insert hondabond, permatex, gasket maker etc.) around the edges of the gasket.. but do I apply onto the valve cover, or on the engine block where the cover would sit??

Also do i put the cover back on while the sealant is curing or do i wait till its dry and rubbery?

JDM EP3
23-07-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm going to change my valve cover gaskets, and spark plug seals soon when i receive it since its leaking. I need to apply some silicone sealant (insert hondabond, permatex, gasket maker etc.) around the edges of the gasket.. but do I apply onto the valve cover, or on the engine block where the cover would sit??

Also do i put the cover back on while the sealant is curing or do i wait till its dry and rubbery?

I know on B series they didnt use and gasket sealant for the valve cover, unsure what the process is for K series though.

-JC-
24-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Can anyone confirm what OBD2 protocol these things of ours utilise? I'm keen on getting a wireless OBD2 reader to send the info to my iPhone. I've worked out that it has to be wifi (not bluetooth) as the iPhone's bluetooth won't talk to these devices, but I'm stuck on how to find out what OBD protocol they employ?

I just figure if I'm not interested in having 3 pods sitting up atop the dash, this would be a good way of finding out whats doing in the engine bay without having to get all permanent modification man on my shit.

intertia
25-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Have you considered - http://arkdesign-us.com/products/electronics/mfd-2-multi-function-dash-2

Not sure if you already looked into this device - http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=GSSTBLUETOOTH didn't look into Mich but there's no indication that it wouldn't work.

Perry
25-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Woow the arkdesign one look cool.

-JC-
25-07-2012, 12:25 PM
x2 . . . I think you just spent some of my tax return for me . . .

Icebox
25-07-2012, 04:38 PM
has anyone ever used J's racing engine mounts or have experience with them?

because my engine mounts are due for a change, so need to start looking

Mikeyy168
25-07-2012, 04:50 PM
from what ive heard, J's are pretty stiff. it supplies all 4 mounts but your car vibrates during idle.
mugen is in between OEM and J's. no vibrations. but only supplies 3 (drivers side, passengers side and front). you can change the back ones if u want but really, the first side to go will be the drivers side so thats the most important one.

Icebox
25-07-2012, 05:02 PM
from what ive heard, J's are pretty stiff. it supplies all 4 mounts but your car vibrates during idle.
mugen is in between OEM and J's. no vibrations. but only supplies 3 (drivers side, passengers side and front). you can change the back ones if u want but really, the first side to go will be the drivers side so thats the most important one.

thats what i heard as well, however, its only 20% stiffer from OEM? and oem stiff ratings at 58 on average.

but surprising the first mount to go wasnt my drivers side it was my front mount, so im kinda deciding on which mount to go with,

the girlfriend doesnt want the car to be vibrating like crazy, which is steered me away from hardracing and hasport mounts but oh well~

Perry
25-07-2012, 05:07 PM
thats what i heard as well, however, its only 20% stiffer from OEM? and oem stiff ratings at 58 on average.

but surprising the first mount to go wasnt my drivers side it was my front mount, so im kinda deciding on which mount to go with,

the girlfriend doesnt want the car to be vibrating like crazy, which is steered me away from hardracing and hasport mounts but oh well~

Icebox I've been in EP3's with Hassport and J's I think J's isnt that bad as oppose to Hasp. Hassport feels a bit more stiffer meaning more vibrations.

Icebox
25-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Icebox I've been in EP3's with Hassport and J's I think J's isnt that bad as oppose to Hasp. Hassport feels a bit more stiffer meaning more vibrations.

Thanks for the feedback Perry, i was leaning towards J's Racing ones as they offered the whole set, but vibration factors in big time in which ones however

to bad Mugen only has 3 if it offered the rear would have jumped on the boat ages ago haha

Perry
25-07-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback Perry, i was leaning towards J's Racing ones as they offered the whole set, but vibration factors in big time in which ones however

to bad Mugen only has 3 if it offered the rear would have jumped on the boat ages ago haha

If your just using it for daily driving and occasional track get mugen plus insert for the missing one which eliminates the high vibrations.

-JC-
25-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Worst when I had to solder each and every wire for my DVD headunit in that crowded confined space because the wire harness I got did not match.

Makes me wish I did a proper DIY article when I put mine in . . . could have made life much easier for you dude. I usually use lip blade terminals and just plug them directly into the ISO harness plug for whatever car I'm installing the radio into. Mine was easy as we only needed power, earth and accessory power, everything else was run from the HU, processor or amp, but I have done them where you have to use the original speaker wires etc, and lip blades are the shit, they plug straight in and I have never had one fall out yet.

Sorry bit late on the advice.

-JC-
25-07-2012, 07:42 PM
If your just using it for daily driving and occasional track get mugen plus insert for the missing one which eliminates the high vibrations.

I think thats gonna have to be the way I go. I think I'd prefer to replace mounts say, once a year, than have to live with a daily that rattles like . . . . . something that rattles a lot, every time I drive it.

UNA91
25-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Makes me wish I did a proper DIY article when I put mine in . . . could have made life much easier for you dude. I usually use lip blade terminals and just plug them directly into the ISO harness plug for whatever car I'm installing the radio into. Mine was easy as we only needed power, earth and accessory power, everything else was run from the HU, processor or amp, but I have done them where you have to use the original speaker wires etc, and lip blades are the shit, they plug straight in and I have never had one fall out yet.

Sorry bit late on the advice.

Haha oh wells, it's all goods, when i got the car it came with a crappy cd player that kept skipping. Only problem is that I can't find a dimmer switch that dims the display when the headlights are turned on, so the headunit gets pretty bright at night and lights up my face. I just changed to a dark background and sorta just got used to it.

Also I'm running Hasport 62a front and rear mounts and a DIY sikaflex filled transmission mount. There was quite some vibration compared to stock, but it does tone down quite abit after a few kms as they break in.

-JC-
25-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Haha oh wells, it's all goods, when i got the car it came with a crappy cd player that kept skipping. Only problem is that I can't find a dimmer switch that dims the display when the headlights are turned on, so the headunit gets pretty bright at night and lights up my face. I just changed to a dark background and sorta just got used to it.

Are there spare wires out the back of the unit? If so, I bet there is a spot in the ISO plug to wire it to that will sort that out. My Alpine one has its own sensor, so it adjusts automatically, but if the stock HU had that feature, chances are it can be done using the stock ISO plug as long as your unit is capable.

I spotted your car at the last Downshift meet, are you headed to the meet this Sat? If so, we should catch up.

TonyxTony
25-07-2012, 09:17 PM
When the car is moving at around 30-40kms (slowing down) my clutch is in but its hard to go to gear 1? is it a safety thing? never used to notice it.

Anyone having this problem?

UNA91
25-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Are there spare wires out the back of the unit? If so, I bet there is a spot in the ISO plug to wire it to that will sort that out. My Alpine one has its own sensor, so it adjusts automatically, but if the stock HU had that feature, chances are it can be done using the stock ISO plug as long as your unit is capable.

I spotted your car at the last Downshift meet, are you headed to the meet this Sat? If so, we should catch up.

There is a dimmer wire on the unit, but i've used up all the stock headunit's wires :\

Ah, you must be that other EP3 that was there? Jealous you got the FL version haha looks good! Won't be going this month. I try not to go every month just cause it seems... well, the same most of the time lol

When the car is moving at around 30-40kms (slowing down) my clutch is in but its hard to go to gear 1? is it a safety thing? never used to notice it.

Yeah, it's mostly a safety feature; most manual cars would have it. If you rev matched or double clutched it may let you in lol but i don't see the point.

Mikeyy168
25-07-2012, 11:30 PM

best practice is to only go into 1 when ur stationary. otherwise, go into 2 - hence that safety feature ;P

UNA91
26-07-2012, 01:17 AM
If I got Hasport 70a rear mounts would the vibrations increase significantly? since it's the rear mounts cause the most vibrations? To anyone running more than 62a, is the vibes huge? lol. I'm thinking of upgrading to stiffer rears since the 62a has settled and maybe thinking i could go for the 70a.

-JC-
26-07-2012, 05:25 AM

I don't think going back to 1st gear at that speed is going to do your gearbox any favors mate. If you must, try giving the throttle a stab to match the revs, it will go in, but if you like your gearboxes to last I'd be sticking with 2nd at that speed.

-JC-
26-07-2012, 06:16 AM
There is a dimmer wire on the unit, but i've used up all the stock headunit's wires :\

Ah, you must be that other EP3 that was there? Jealous you got the FL version haha looks good! Won't be going this month. I try not to go every month just cause it seems... well, the same most of the time lol

Ok, so what you would need to do is find something that dims when you put your lights on and hook it up to that. Probably starting to get too hard.

Yeah that was me, first one I've been to. I was thinking about coming down from the coast but I'm still not sure, maybe next time. I'm most likely doing Saturday Sprints at QR in September too. Want to get some track experience before I go to Lakeside, QR looks a little more forgiving for the beginner.

-JC-
27-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Anyone know if the cabin filters for EP3 are interchangeable with any locally delivered models? Keen to replace mine and it would be nice if I could just wander on down to Honda and grab some. DC5 maybe?

RPS.13
27-07-2012, 12:14 PM
The ones I bought are listed for quite a few models, so I would say yes. If you have an old one, take it with you and see if they can match the size?

Personally I'd buy from ebay, works out a lot cheaper. Below are the ones I bought:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CABIN-FILTER-2-PC-SET-Fresh-Air-Pollen-Odor-Honda-Acura-/180698320991?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1275905f

-JC-
27-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Cool, thanks mate

Symphorced
27-07-2012, 01:17 PM

I feel sorry for your gearbox. Please stop trying to get it into 1st when going at such speeds.

-JC-
27-07-2012, 01:23 PM
The ones I bought are listed for quite a few models, so I would say yes. If you have an old one, take it with you and see if they can match the size?

Personally I'd buy from ebay, works out a lot cheaper. Below are the ones I bought:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CABIN-FILTER-2-PC-SET-Fresh-Air-Pollen-Odor-Honda-Acura-/180698320991?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1275905f

Ok, so curiosity got the better of me and I called my local Honda dealer. 'Around the $80 or $90 dollar mark' I actually choked on my mint. eBay it is!

EG52NV
27-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Ok, so curiosity got the better of me and I called my local Honda dealer. 'Around the $80 or $90 dollar mark' I actually choked on my mint. eBay it is!

Cabin filter is $8 from oemaccuraparts.com you need to buy 2

EG52NV
27-07-2012, 05:42 PM
But that eBay link is pretty cheap

Stig
27-07-2012, 07:21 PM
was wondering if you ep3r guys could help me out here, there seems to be a woop woop woop sound coming from the front right wheel

the faster you go, the faster the sound, its pretty loud as you go faster, anyone have any ideas what it could be?

we are stumped atm, we think its a wheel bearing but not sure, tyres are brand new and balanced (happened before the new tyres)

TonyxTony
27-07-2012, 09:24 PM
yea nah... i dont clutch off... just thought i could clutch down and put it in gear 1. thats all... i love my gear box too :D

Lukezen27
28-07-2012, 05:40 PM
I got 220km after the fuel light came on last night.!
Wonder how much gas was left in the tank lol

EG52NV
28-07-2012, 06:30 PM

220kms with fuel light on? That's ballzy, did you have a Jerry can in the boot?

JDM EP3
28-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Dude thats like half a tank for me! Your light must be fked

yeah i panicked after doing 15k's with the light on...

Lukezen27
28-07-2012, 07:37 PM

Nope.. no backup

I just ran with it till I couldn't take the pressure anymore haha

Dude thats like half a tank for me! Your light must be fked

Na its fine :)

brody
28-07-2012, 08:21 PM
So your saying you can get 700 odd km's to a tank? did you convert to diesel:P?

Lukezen27
28-07-2012, 08:47 PM
So your saying you can get 700 odd km's to a tank? did you convert to diesel:P?

lol maybe :P

Don't forgot the fuel light comes on early if your on an angle or hill.

UNA91
29-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Anyone know if the facelift taillights would be a straight swap the pre-facelift?

-JC-
29-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Anyone know if the facelift taillights would be a straight swap the pre-facelift?

Everything I've seen tells me they would be. Would look good on yours too, haven't you already got facelift Headlights?

UNA91
29-07-2012, 05:25 PM
The headlights were put in by the previous owner, i'm not too sure lol it looks exactly like the FL headlights, but instead of where the projector would be, its a reflector?

Perry
29-07-2012, 08:57 PM
The headlights were put in by the previous owner, i'm not too sure lol it looks exactly like the FL headlights, but instead of where the projector would be, its a reflector?

It's a FL headlight from the EU civic.

brody
29-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Ive read that swapping the pre face lift ones in requires the HID change. Dont ask me why haha, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere. On the other hand, I may be totally wrong:)

UNA91
29-07-2012, 10:26 PM
It's a FL headlight from the EU civic.

That'll probs be it. I remember the owner saying something about FL UK version headlights lol

Ive read that swapping the pre face lift ones in requires the HID change. Dont ask me why haha, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere. On the other hand, I may be totally wrong:)

I'm talking about the rear lights, surely i wouldn't put hids for reverse lights perhaps?! haha

JDM EP3
29-07-2012, 11:43 PM
That'll probs be it. I remember the owner saying something about FL UK version headlights lol

I'm talking about the rear lights, surely i wouldn't put hids for reverse lights perhaps?! haha

Rear lights will fit as they are the same shape just the cosmetic differences, although I hate the FL rear lights, I do love the fronts though and would like to upgrade them to FL also.

kenny07
30-07-2012, 08:23 AM
went down to the south coast for the weekend away..

me and my friend decided to go for a little joy ride, my car and his DC5R

him and I were vtec-ing it down from one end to the other.. Touge style! :D

so that was like 10km from one end to the other! me leading first and then him leading! :D

butterfingers
30-07-2012, 09:21 AM
went down to the south coast for the weekend away..

me and my friend decided to go for a little joy ride, my car and his DC5R

him and I were vtec-ing it down from one end to the other.. Touge style! :D

so that was like 10km from one end to the other! me leading first and then him leading! :D

Sounds mad fun.

intertia
30-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Toe to 0 with a maximum of -3 deg camber (for Front suspension)? This is at stock ride height (345mm from hub centre to guard).

If not, what is the maximum negative camber that can be set, if you want to keep Toe at 0?

RPS.13
30-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Toe to 0 with a maximum of -3 deg camber (for Front suspension)? This is at stock ride height (345mm from hub centre to guard).

If not, what is the maximum negative camber that can be set, if you want to keep Toe at 0?

You'll most likely fine that the stock tie rods are too long to get that amount of negative camber and zero toe. I was unable to zero my front toe at about -1.08.

The max negative camber i can dial in now is only 2.38ish, and that is with adjustable everything. Camber tops, camber bolts, Todd's adjustable tie rods, Akom/McGill motorsports inverted tie rod ends.

The above numbers are at maxium low. But i don't see much difference with the issue of the length of the stock tie rods at stock height.

brody
30-07-2012, 08:15 PM

Ahh sh*t sorry man haha. But yeh.. HID rears, stll do it:P

intertia
30-07-2012, 09:09 PM
You'll most likely fine that the stock tie rods are too long to get that amount of negative camber and zero toe. I was unable to zero my front toe at about -1.08.

The max negative camber i can dial in now is only 2.38ish, and that is with adjustable everything. Camber tops, camber bolts, Todd's adjustable tie rods, Akom/McGill motorsports inverted tie rod ends.

The above numbers are at maxium low. But i don't see much difference with the issue of the length of the stock tie rods at stock height.

Thanks for that, I'll probably see what I can do with the OEM rods, and go from there.

grantmc
30-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi there. Just noticed your post. Yes they are all made in the UK. The JDM ones have upgraded engine. UKDM and EDM do not have the LSD, lower CR, smaller cams and so on. The UKDM and EDM has a K20A2. The JDM has the K20A and no badge, oh and 20 more hp. I bought a JDM spec from Sydney as a stat right off for $4250 at an auction not 2 days ago.
Cheers.

EG52NV
30-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi there. Just noticed your post. Yes they are all made in the UK. The JDM ones have upgraded engine. UKDM and EDM do not have the LSD, lower CR, smaller cams and so on. The UKDM and EDM has a K20A2. The JDM has the K20A and no badge, oh and 20 more hp. I bought a JDM spec from Sydney as a stat right off for $4250 at an auction not 2 days ago.
Cheers.

Who's this guy replying to?

egads
31-07-2012, 10:54 AM
the first post lawls

doosra
31-07-2012, 12:22 PM
hey guys, can someone confirm with me what the stock tyre size for the ep3 is. I've done some searching and believe it's 205/45/17. I need to get new tyres asap and were thinking of these: http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/store/kumho-205-45r17-88w-ku31.html

Just wanted to confirm whether it's the right size before I go ahead.

Thanks in advance.

kenny07
31-07-2012, 12:29 PM
hey guys, can someone confirm with me what the stock tyre size for the ep3 is. I've done some searching and believe it's 205/45/17. I need to get new tyres asap and were thinking of these: http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/store/kumho-205-45r17-88w-ku31.html

Just wanted to confirm whether it's the right size before I go ahead.

Thanks in advance.

i'm wearing 205/45/17 on mine

but after i got my new tyres i found 2 stickers near my door area saying to wear 215/45/17

so one sticker in japanese saying 205/45/17 and the other in english saying 215/45/17

JDM EP3
31-07-2012, 01:12 PM
JDM spec is 205
Audm spec is 215 when complianced have no idea why they change it but tyre at 215 sits flush on the stock rim

doosra
31-07-2012, 01:55 PM
JDM spec is 205
Audm spec is 215 when complianced have no idea why they change it but tyre at 215 sits flush on the stock rim

Thanks mate. What do you recommend? 205 or 215?
Mine is jdm btw

butterfingers
31-07-2012, 02:14 PM
i thought ther was no such thing as audm ep3... they dont market them here, its a grey import.

JDM EP3
31-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks mate. What do you recommend? 205 or 215?
Mine is jdm btw

You mean that you are running the JDM spec size tyre?

Its up to you what you decide to run or what tyre size you want to pay for. Im running the 215's as that was the only tyre I was allowed to be complianced on, otherwise I prob would have run a 225 but then come to think of it the rim is only 7'' (if im correct) wide so prob stupid to do so.

215 seems like the size it should have come from factory.

kenny07
31-07-2012, 02:35 PM
You mean that you are running the JDM spec size tyre?

Its up to you what you decide to run or what tyre size you want to pay for. Im running the 215's as that was the only tyre I was allowed to be complianced on, otherwise I prob would have run a 225 but then come to think of it the rim is only 7'' (if im correct) wide so prob stupid to do so.

215 seems like the size it should have come from factory.

so by law i should be wearing 215 on my ep3?

is that right? so technically i can get a defect?

JDM EP3
31-07-2012, 03:18 PM

Im not sure about this if you can get defected or not but I assume that they ADR's state that this car needs to run a 215 tyre on Aus roads for compliance.

bennjamin
31-07-2012, 04:04 PM

the OEM size for a EP3 is 205/45/17.

Azz86
31-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Is it bad that my local Honda dealer didn't know what a K20a is? I told him it's an EP3 and he asked if it was a hybrid. Couldn't believe it.

Picked up some MTF6. Hope it's the right stuff. Says its for all Hondas.

Symphorced
31-07-2012, 06:03 PM
No you won't. My door panel states 205/45/17 which is what it comes from out of factory and is what it was complianced on also so there's no issues. Even if it was meant to be 215/45/17, you wouldn't get defected with just a 10mm width difference.

@Azz86: Just tell them you have a DC5R. And yep, MTF06 is fine. Currently using that in my gearbox and it's silky smooth. :D

Azz86
31-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah great idea. Doing that next time. Cool thanks. Been a bit notchy into 2nd lately. Hope this sorts it out.

-JC-
31-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Alright, had a few small dings removed tonight. Looking at the front guards under some decent close up light, we noticed that there was a Honda sticker on each side a few centimetres below where the indicators now are. I'm really trying to get my car as close to stock looking as possible so can anyone confirm if they were a stock item or if anyone has a pic that would be even better?

butterfingers
31-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Is it bad that my local Honda dealer didn't know what a K20a is? I told him it's an EP3 and he asked if it was a hybrid. Couldn't believe it.

thats neither bad nor unexpected. they're honestly just salesman hired because they can sell anything. therefore they will only know what they need to sell.

Symphorced
31-07-2012, 10:23 PM
thats neither bad nor unexpected. they're honestly just salesman hired because they can sell anything. therefore they will only know what they need to sell.

Not true. Parts interpreters are far from being just salesmen. Hell, when was the last time you went to the parts department and they tried to push you into buying a part? It just isn't uncommon for them to not know the chassis code or the engine which is in a Honda vehicle which was never locally released.

butterfingers
31-07-2012, 11:40 PM
yea thats what i meant

may have dramatised it a bit.

-JC-
01-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Can anyone confirm the part number for the Injen CAI that fits EP3? Keen to hit the go button on one but want to make sure it's the right one first! Opinions/reviews welcomed too.

UNA91
01-08-2012, 12:37 PM
A search on the Injen website gve me this: http://www.injen.com/docs/other/search.asp?stop=1&Year=2004&MakeID=2&ModelID=35&Eng=L4

Note that they only had Civic SI in their database, which should essentially be the same I guess, and i'm guessing 'BLK' means black piping and 'P' means polished

-JC-
01-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Sweet, thanks. Web at work is way too restrictive . . . Stupid bank system.

Now to choose between black or polished . . . Decisions decisions.

UNA91
01-08-2012, 07:44 PM
If it were me if choose black haha, just looks cleaner. tho I also painted my manifold and spark plug cover black... up to you haha

bennjamin
02-08-2012, 08:00 AM
I would look at a RSX intake - its almost the same chassis and engine dimensions

Civic Si is a different chassis - does anyone know if the engine bay is similar / same ?

-JC-
02-08-2012, 08:22 AM
The Civic Si is listed as 'EP3' and the pictures of the install look identical to our engine bay save for the brake master cylinder being on the wrong side, what are the chassis differences?

-JC-
02-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Ok, have done a little more research on this.

Injen CAI EP3 - http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=58&product_id=160

Injen CAI Civic Si - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320949109764?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Same Same? Looks that way.

Perry
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm only guessing the si chasis our R wont be different apart from some of the sussy components I could be wrong.

UNA91
02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I've always thought the Civic Si, EP3 was the same chassis as the DC5/RSX. Only difference is that the Civic SI is LHD, which means the brake cylinder is on the left side.

geeang
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
The 2002-2005 Civic Si (EP3) has the same chassis as our EP3Rs, I have a Civic Si INJEN intake on my EP3R as we speak.

Perry
02-08-2012, 06:48 PM
The 2002-2005 Civic Si (EP3) has the same chassis as our EP3Rs, I have a Civic Si INJEN intake on my EP3R as we speak.

Didnt know you bought a Ep3 dude.

UNA91
02-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Anyone here running short shifters on their EP3? Thinking of getting one but heard they wear out your transmission faster. Mainly synchros.

RPS.13
03-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Anyone here got a rear parcel shelf they'd like to part with or know of one for sale?

butterfingers
03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Anyone here running short shifters on their EP3? Thinking of getting one but heard they wear out your transmission faster. Mainly synchros.

I have one. But like my username
Suggests I handle the shifter like
A baby's pinky. Every gear slips in like *insert genitals in the act of intercourse*

brody
03-08-2012, 08:23 PM

Honda Australia are absolutely hopeless with imports or anything other than new cars. One person will tell you no, next person will say yes (Once in a blue moon). I try my hardest not to deal with them

UNA91
03-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I have one. But like my username
Suggests I handle the shifter like
A baby's pinky. Every gear slips in like *insert genitals in the act of intercourse*

Haha, yeah, I try to be as nice to my shifter as possible, treating the shifter like an egg. Which SS did you get? Noticable improvements? Would it help with the 2nd gear mini-grind/scratch?

Perry
03-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I heard there isnt much difference with a short shifter installed, might as well spend the money on other mods.

EKVTIR-T
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Hau mut did you pay?

butterfingers
03-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Haha, yeah, I try to be as nice to my shifter as possible, treating the shifter like an egg. Which SS did you get? Noticable improvements? Would it help with the 2nd gear mini-grind/scratch?

already came with the ar when i bought it but i believe its BuddyClub

never had 2nd grind, but shifting from 2nd has to be slow and extra gentle. the part of the throw that takes it from 2nd to neutral doesnt have the smooth satisfying thunk. this only happens when shifting from 2nd.

Azz86
03-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Honda Australia are absolutely hopeless with imports or anything other than new cars. One person will tell you no, next person will say yes (Once in a blue moon). I try my hardest not to deal with them

Yeah for sure. It's pretty sad really. Why they can't hire somebody that at least has a slight interest in cars. Idk. I guess they are trained to be that way so that we want to buy the new civic. Keep dreaming haha.

Azz86
03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Hau mut did you pay?

It was about $21 for 1 litre. I bought 2 bottles because I think it takes 1.5 litres. Also bought a genuine oil filter which was $19.

vtecivicoupe
04-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Whats everyone's opinions on black EP3? Are they worth a lot more than white?

doosra
04-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that the brakes on the ep3 are pretty average?

doosra
04-08-2012, 02:29 PM
hey guys, my o2 sensor needs replacing and the car i purchased comes with warranty (which i know is mainly bullshit warranty), and the dealer which I purchased it from recommended me to a mechanic that they use for warranty service. The mechanic said to me that he needs my car for the day so he can take off the o2 sensor and then send it away to be made. I questioned him to ask him why as he could just get an oem dc5 o2 sensor and fit it right on which will be very quick and he said that he prefers to get them made because in the past they haven't worked with oem.

I really don't trust this mechanic and what he's planning on doing as I know it's best to get oem, however because the sensors are about $310, I would prefer to go through this mechanic to not have to deal with warranty hassles going through another mechanic.

Thoughts guys?

UNA91
04-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Many people including myself have bought aftermarket Denso (who also makes oem stuff) o2 sensor on Amazon for around $150 with shipping, maybe less. It's really easy to change as long as you know which sensor has gone out. Then simply unplug, and replace. As for the part number, i cannot remember.

JDM EP3
04-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Many people including myself have bought aftermarket Denso (who also makes oem stuff) o2 sensor on Amazon for around $150 with shipping, maybe less. It's really easy to change as long as you know which sensor has gone out. Then simply unplug, and replace. As for the part number, i cannot remember.

I paid $42+$6.00 shipping for my denso one from amazon.

kenny07
04-08-2012, 07:57 PM
washed my car today.. goddamn it was so dirty! had to wash it twiced coz after i watered it down... i noticed it still wasnt clean enough!

all clean now!! :D

.... until like 1 hour ago, some bird pooped on the side of my car!! TWICE!!! :(

brody
04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
hey guys, my o2 sensor needs replacing and the car i purchased comes with warranty (which i know is mainly bullshit warranty), and the dealer which I purchased it from recommended me to a mechanic that they use for warranty service. The mechanic said to me that he needs my car for the day so he can take off the o2 sensor and then send it away to be made. I questioned him to ask him why as he could just get an oem dc5 o2 sensor and fit it right on which will be very quick and he said that he prefers to get them made because in the past they haven't worked with oem.

I really don't trust this mechanic and what he's planning on doing as I know it's best to get oem, however because the sensors are about $310, I would prefer to go through this mechanic to not have to deal with warranty hassles going through another mechanic.

Thoughts guys?

haha this 'mechanic' sounds like a bit of a douche. Farkin 1 day to remove an 02 sensor? maybe if he's taking the engine out to get to it. Yeh sounds dodgy man, Its a shame that a good/trustworthy mechanics are hard to find these days.

doosra
04-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm only going to him cause the warranty is easy to claim through them. He said he needs to take the sensor out and send it to get made. Makes no sense to me

JDM EP3
05-08-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm only going to him cause the warranty is easy to claim through them. He said he needs to take the sensor out and send it to get made. Makes no sense to me

Yeah thats bullshit man he cant get that part made. Needs to come OEM or OEM replacement.

-JC-
05-08-2012, 06:27 AM

Run, Run as fast as you can.

You mentioned its 'easier to get the warranty' claim through this particular mechanic? You were also referred there by the company that has provided you with the warranty (and ultimately the company that pays for the work).Then, said mechanic doesn't sound like he knows what he is doing. My spidey sense is tingling . . . This situation is wrong on so many levels.

Just get yourself an O2 sensor off amazon and replace it yourself. If you don't know how to, I'm sure someone from this forum would be happy to help out. I wouldn't think an O2 sensor would take any more than approx 1hr/3beers.

doosra
05-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm really considering it. Anyone got a link from amazon to the part?

UNA91
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
This is a start: http://www.amazon.com/Denso-2349004-02-05-Oxygen-Sensor/dp/B0034EOTLA/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1344126620&sr=1-2&keywords=234-9004

I am not completely sure about the part number, but this is what the denso website came up with http://www.densoproducts.com/resultsApp.asp?AAIA=1415708&productCategoryID=2

doosra
05-08-2012, 04:53 PM
I just found out that the warranty has $200 excess but when I bought the car, they said no excess. I knew this would be the case as I've read in many posts that all the aftermarket warranties are bullshit. I'm just pissed cause when I bought the car, they disconnected the bulb so i wouldn't see the engine light warning. I think I'll end up throwing the warranty away and going with my trusted mechanic. The car is still running beautifully and I'm very happy with it, except this minor problem. I'd feel more comfortable paying my own money knowing its done the right way.

doosra
05-08-2012, 05:01 PM
This is a start: http://www.amazon.com/Denso-2349004-02-05-Oxygen-Sensor/dp/B0034EOTLA/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1344126620&sr= 1-2&keywords=234-9004

I am not completely sure about the part number, but this is what the denso website came up with http://www.densoproducts.com/resultsApp.asp?AAIA=1415708&productCategoryID=2

I'm looking at some other forums and seems it may be this one http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-9005-Oxygen-Sensor-Ratio/dp/B000C5UFVM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Can anyone confirm?

intertia
05-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm looking at some other forums and seems it may be this one http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-9005-Oxygen-Sensor-Ratio/dp/B000C5UFVM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Can anyone confirm?

These are the part numbers for the 2 denso o2 sensors.

Primary Oxygen Sensor 234-9005 - perfect fit
Secondary Oxygen Sensor 234-4122 - need to extend wires

Icebox
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
I just found out that the warranty has $200 excess but when I bought the car, they said no excess. I knew this would be the case as I've read in many posts that all the aftermarket warranties are bullshit. I'm just pissed cause when I bought the car, they disconnected the bulb so i wouldn't see the engine light warning. I think I'll end up throwing the warranty away and going with my trusted mechanic. The car is still running beautifully and I'm very happy with it, except this minor problem. I'd feel more comfortable paying my own money knowing its done the right way.

$200 dollars for excess, wow

the same amount i paid to get my o2 sensor replaced + its OEM as well (o2 sensor i got is the american one)

or you can just buy the sensor and do it your self, takes 20 minutes tops with a jack stand lol

JDM EP3
05-08-2012, 05:42 PM

Did you buy this car from a car dealer? If so, you actually have statutory rights in terms of a warranty from a dealer. Also that warranty with an excess seems suss.

Can anyone confirm?

Im not sure about that part in particular but I bought this one (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C5WCLS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00) and so did RPS.13, I havent fitted mine yet I will do this week but I know RPS.13 have been running it without issues.

doosra
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Yeah it's shit and suss warranty.

Wow, 50 bucks. Is that maybe the secondary sensor or something? Why such a big difference?

UNA91
05-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Just replaced my valve cover gaskets and seals, and whilst i was there I did a valve clearance check and adjustment to the minimum spec (intake .008; exhaust .010). The engine is definately a hell lot quieter (previously had loud tapping noises) and driving feels alot more smoother across the rpms; but i notice its consuming fuel alot faster than before...

Also, a thought on heavy shift knobs since i'm currently waiting on a blox 490. They say heavy knobs can damage your shift linkage in a way that its similar to resting your hand on the shifter. Now most of these are referring to floor mounted shifters. However with the ep3's since we have a dash mount shifter which is also sits quite vertical, wouldn't it be worst? since gravity is acting against it, especially when you're in 1st, 3rd and 5th gear? Is there a potential for it to 'pop' out of gear if say... I brake hard or go over bumpy roads?

RPS.13
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Yep the o2 sensor i bought is a secondary sensor.

The primary ones are a lot dearer, both in the states (around $140ish US) and around $330 to $350 bought locally, throughJDMyard, jdmconcept etc.

As mentioned earlier, buy it yourself and diy it, if you have the tools. If not take it to a local exhaust shop. They'll fit it up for you pretty cheap and get it done quickly.

JDM EP3
05-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Yep the o2 sensor i bought is a secondary sensor.

The primary ones are a lot dearer, both in the states (around $140ish US) and around $330 to $350 bought locally, throughJDMyard, jdmconcept etc.

As mentioned earlier, buy it yourself and diy it, if you have the tools. If not take it to a local exhaust shop. They'll fit it up for you pretty cheap and get it done quickly.

Oh dude it was a secondary one? Man just bought it thinking it would be the primary one :o

bluey45
05-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Spotted a ep3 this morning around 10am entering m4 and one just now 10.30pm entering m4 at burwood. Anyone here? :)

butterfingers
06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Just replaced my valve cover gaskets and seals, and whilst i was there I did a valve clearance check and adjustment to the minimum spec (intake .008; exhaust .010). The engine is definately a hell lot quieter (previously had loud tapping noises) and driving feels alot more smoother across the rpms; but i notice its consuming fuel alot faster than before...

Also, a thought on heavy shift knobs since i'm currently waiting on a blox 490. They say heavy knobs can damage your shift linkage in a way that its similar to resting your hand on the shifter. Now most of these are referring to floor mounted shifters. However with the ep3's since we have a dash mount shifter which is also sits quite vertical, wouldn't it be worst? since gravity is acting against it, especially when you're in 1st, 3rd and 5th gear? Is there a potential for it to 'pop' out of gear if say... I brake hard or go over bumpy roads?

No they don't. I quite like the feel of it

Antv
06-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that the brakes on the ep3 are pretty average?

+1 ;)

UNA91
06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Anyone recommend some good daily & spirited driving brake pads? Prefereably low dust, and won't eat my rotors, with decent bite... if that possible to have altogether haha

RPS.13
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Anyone recommend some good daily & spirited driving brake pads? Prefereably low dust, and won't eat my rotors, with decent bite... if that possible to have altogether haha

The Project Mu type NS pads that came on my car from japan felt pretty good for daily/spirited driving, with the stock rotors. They're relatively low dust when compared to the Ferodo ds2500 pads I'm using now. The rotor wear seemed normal.

A comparison of dust: approx 6 weeks with Projust Mu's = around 1-2 weeks with the Ferodo

The Ferodo's are a great pad for the price. A good combo when paired with a set of the dba slotted rotors. Great on the track and fine for daily driving. I've kind of gotten use to the dust build up. As long as you don't have white wheels, I'm sure you'll be fine. They'll wear through the rotors more quickly though.

doosra
06-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Can someone do me a favour and verify whether all your warning lights on dash, most importantly the engine light remain on when you turn the key to "ON" position which is just before you actually crank to start the car. I'm pretty sure the ABS light should turn off but the other lights should remain on including engine light. Reason I ask is I took my car to have the o2 sensor fixed and things just don't feel right with this mechanic. I have a feeling he may have just put a switch or something in to power the engine light bulb when the car is on and then automatically switch off. The mechanic is associated with the mechanic, hence why I think I'm getting gipped and it's a cost cutting exercise for them. Hopefully I'm wrong

My engine light will light up along with all warning lights on dash once I turn the key to the ON position, but will turn off after a couple if seconds of having this key in the position.

Thanks all

UNA91
06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Well, happened to be waiting in the car and read this on my phone so I tried it for you.

The engine light turns off after a few seconds, then the SRS light will turn off a few secs after the CEL. All others stays on.

doosra
06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Cool thanks mate. I feel better now :)

JDM EP3
06-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Those of you that upgraded your rotors to dba or something similar, did you guys use s2k rotors?

Perry
06-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Those of you that upgraded your rotors to dba or something similar, did you guys use s2k rotors?

You need to upgrade to EP3/dc5r rotors no need to s2k rotors the only reason I could think of using s2k rotors is using DC5r jdm brembos.

flubbar
06-08-2012, 08:20 PM
WOW! talk about a brand new bunch of people around!
To all the old peeps who remember me, yep, i'm back!
To those that don't, heya! and welcome to the ep3 club!

How's it hangin' guys? anything new happenin besides the new members? did i miss out on a lot of cruises and photoshoots?
btw, to those who didn't know, i now drive an integra type s.

ANYWAYS! i'm back in the scene now, although i'm in a different vtec machine, and happy to hang around and crash those ep3 meets.

p.s. Steve, i still see your car every morning at lidcombe, you hoon! =P

Perry
06-08-2012, 08:28 PM
WOW! talk about a brand new bunch of people around!
To all the old peeps who remember me, yep, i'm back!
To those that don't, heya! and welcome to the ep3 club!

How's it hangin' guys? anything new happenin besides the new members? did i miss out on a lot of cruises and photoshoots?
btw, to those who didn't know, i now drive an integra type s.

ANYWAYS! i'm back in the scene now, although i'm in a different vtec machine, and happy to hang around and crash those ep3 meets.

p.s. Steve, i still see your car every morning at lidcombe, you hoon! =P

suppp mate long time no seee Steve is still the hoon king =)

JDM EP3
06-08-2012, 08:41 PM
You need to upgrade to EP3/dc5r rotors no need to s2k rotors the only reason I could think of using s2k rotors is using DC5r jdm brembos.

Although technically i could use some dba rotors for s2k and they will be the same as upgrading to dba ep3/dc5 rotors? Are the dba s2k rotors larger or do they need some mods to fit?
I ask just in case i ever do decide to go the brembo upgrade i could just get the dba s2k stuff now rather than buy ep3 stuff only to have to pIrchase rotors again.

Icebox
06-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey guys

all the guys with the Gruppe M, can you please tell me (and anyone whos interested in getting one) where and how much you guys get the intake for?

im looking for one but so far jdmconcept and xposed ship it into australia

no luck on yahoo auctions either :(

RPS.13
06-08-2012, 09:25 PM
The hat height is different. The ep3 rotor hat height measures 47.5mm, the s2k ones are only a 40mm. The diameter is the same.

As Perry said, only reason you buy them is for the jdm dc5r brembo upgrade. I learnt that the hard way, by accidently buying the wrong rotors (s2k).

To fit s2k rotors to the OEM caliper, you`d need some sort of custom made spacer/bracket to move the caliper out a further 7.5mm. And longer caliper bolts. Not worth the effort imo. When you can buy ep3 rotors off the shelf.

You`ll need different pads for the brembo upgrade anyway. So you be better of getting new ep3 rotors and pads now and selling them off later. Then buying everything for the brembo upgrade, if you are looking at upgrading. Or just upgrade to the brembo kit straight off.

bluey45
06-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey guys

all the guys with the Gruppe M, can you please tell me (and anyone whos interested in getting one) where and how much you guys get the intake for?

I think one of the guys was selling one off his ep3?

RPS.13
06-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Hey guys

Got mine from japan through Jesse Streeter, i paid $956.16 shipped via ems, 4-6 day delivery. Email him for a quote. Awesome price, service and very reliable :thumbsup:

I cant remember the yen rate when i purchased it at the start of march this year. But the price now should be fairly similar.

doosra
06-08-2012, 09:49 PM
This is what I actually mean regarding my last post about the engine light. Notice how it goes off before the engine is actually started. Normal or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2zqmKix1lI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I assume if it wasn't fixed I could plug a diagnostic tool into obd port and it would spit an error code right?

UNA91
06-08-2012, 10:06 PM
This is what I actually mean regarding my last post about the engine light. Notice how it goes off before the engine is actually started. Normal or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2zqmKix1lI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I assume if it wasn't fixed I could plug a diagnostic tool into obd port and it would spit an error code right?

Video link is private; but yes the engine light will go off after 3 secs or so, followed by the SRS light when the key is on ACC II, it is normal.

I have a question. Few days ago, I did a valve clearance check and was wondering how to tell if the timing chain and tensioner is going bad? Anyone ever replaced theirs? nice to have a little peace of mind and preventive maintenance if ever.

I know it's meant to last the life of the engine... but then again, the life of my engine could also mean when the chain decides to screw up lol

doosra
06-08-2012, 10:12 PM
It's off private now..thx

JDM EP3
06-08-2012, 11:11 PM
The hat height is different. The ep3 rotor hat height measures 47.5mm, the s2k ones are only a 40mm. The diameter is the same.

As Perry said, only reason you buy them is for the jdm dc5r brembo upgrade. I learnt that the hard way, by accidently buying the wrong rotors (s2k).

To fit s2k rotors to the OEM caliper, you`d need some sort of custom made spacer/bracket to move the caliper out a further 7.5mm. And longer caliper bolts. Not worth the effort imo. When you can buy ep3 rotors off the shelf.

You`ll need different pads for the brembo upgrade anyway. So you be better of getting new ep3 rotors and pads now and selling them off later. Then buying everything for the brembo upgrade, if you are looking at upgrading. Or just upgrade to the brembo kit straight off.

Cheers man thanks for the info, will be looking at getting some slotted rotors. Anyone know of some good prices?

bluey45
07-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Cheers man thanks for the info, will be looking at getting some slotted rotors. Anyone know of some good prices?

JDM yard got some DBA 4000 front slotted rotors. I think they have it for $300-$400?

Icebox
07-08-2012, 08:47 AM
JDM yard got some DBA 4000 front slotted rotors. I think they have it for $300-$400?

this is the price i got from Yonas 3 weeks ago,

dba 4000 series front slotted rotors $420 incl GST per pair ( ETA 5 weeks )
rda front slotted rotors $260 incl GST per pair ( in stock )

i think the eta for the dba 4000 series are still 2 weeks ? not sure you might want to give them a call,

doosra
07-08-2012, 09:11 AM
All good with my engine light issue. Took it to my mechanic checked bad scanned the obd and it's fixed :)

doosra
07-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Anyone used Silver Neomax coilovers? I popped by shiftperformance just then and they are fairly cheap 1.3k. Any thoughts as I'm tempted to get them, however I also looked at the stock height of the ep3 and it really only needs to be lowered one inch or so to reach the tyre, so I'm thinking whether I really need it or not.

Any input would be appreciated

doosra
07-08-2012, 11:05 AM
anyone running 16" wheels on their car.. ? curious to see how they look.. and thoughts? I'm considering getting a set.

bluey45
07-08-2012, 11:40 AM
anyone running 16" wheels on their car.. ? curious to see how they look.. and thoughts? I'm considering getting a set.

I think RPS13 aka Mike is running 16's on his ep3?

Perry
07-08-2012, 01:07 PM

RPS13 is running 16's

RPS.13
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM

See below:

I think RPS13 aka Mike is running 16's on his ep3?

RPS13 is running 16's

Yep ^^^ what they said. Purchased my 3rd set of 16's just last week. In the process of fitting them up shortly.

Pics can be found in here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?140554-Ozhonda-newbie-EP3R-acquired

Or click on my signature below VVV :thumbsup:

doosra
07-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Man you've got a massive wheel collection!

black8thgen
07-08-2012, 08:26 PM
anyone here using a blox billet shift knob? or a good aftermarket one for that matter?

butterfingers
07-08-2012, 08:37 PM
anyone here using a blox billet shift knob? or a good aftermarket one for that matter?

Yep the weighted ball one

black8thgen
07-08-2012, 08:43 PM
how is it? i heard the ball knobs are uncomfortable on the ep3? however i think that verdict was for a countersunk one, and i dont think the blox ones are

bluey45
07-08-2012, 08:48 PM
how is it? i heard the ball knobs are uncomfortable on the ep3? however i think that verdict was for a countersunk one, and i dont think the blox ones are

I'm using a mugen round knob on mine. Feels better than the OEM one I feel

Icebox
07-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Got mine from japan through Jesse Streeter, i paid $956.16 shipped via ems, 4-6 day delivery. Email him for a quote. Awesome price, service and very reliable :thumbsup:

I cant remember the yen rate when i purchased it at the start of march this year. But the price now should be fairly similar.

thanks for that mike, might hit up jesse sometime soon during work, still waiting on that tax return to cover cost haha

UNA91
07-08-2012, 09:17 PM

I'm currently using the FD2R knob, also used a counter-sunk titanium knob, ball shape as well. In fact, i've never ever used another shape other than a sphere so i can't really compare; although i would like to try a different shape.

And yea, I didn't like the counter sunk feel. It looks and feels awkward for me in the ep3's vertical shifter. When i shift to 1st, 3rd and 5th my hand almost hits the dash. It also required alot more force and I didn't feel confident with it as if it was going to grind gears, especially from 1st to 2nd, I think this is prob due to the lever having a bend on it for clearance rather than just a straight up like some floor mount shifters.

The FD2 knob was pretty good, they are known to be pretty light, at around 150g, but it feels direct and fits nicely in your palms as i tend to shift like i'm holding a wineglass position. I'd like to see how the added weight of the blox 490 would feel. My FD2 and titanium knob is for sale btw :P

butterfingers
07-08-2012, 10:00 PM
whats counter-sunk mean for shifters?

UNA91
07-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Knob is pre-drilled deeper so it can be threaded deeper, thus making it sit lower pretty much.

UNA91
08-08-2012, 12:29 AM
My vtec crossover feels weak after doing my valve lash adjustment for some reason, I've double checked the gap is within oem spec. it just feels like it doesn't have that pull that pushes you into your seats lol

doosra
08-08-2012, 09:37 PM
What rpm does vtec engage on an ep3.. I felt the pull more and vtec kick in at 6k on my s2k but not so much on the ep3

butterfingers
08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
6000 rpm.

did your s2k have a CAI/SRI/open intake of some sort?

doosra
09-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Yeah cai and headers

butterfingers
09-08-2012, 09:42 AM
the CAI gives a more pronounced crossover. its mild with the stock ep3 airbox

doosra
09-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Hmm maybe I need to get a cai :)

butterfingers
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
yes definitely. its on my list for sure

doosra
09-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Recommendations and price?

butterfingers
09-08-2012, 11:48 AM
jdmyard have injen CAI for the 500-600 mark depending on model

afaik injen are best bang for buck, havent had feedback from other brands so wouldnt know

doosra
09-08-2012, 12:16 PM
It's 475 from jdmyard. I'm going to US soon so I might just buy one over there if it's cheaper

doosra
09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Just did a quick search on ebay and they are $300aud shipped to Australia.

kenny07
09-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Hey guys

i got mine for 1075 i think

-JC-
09-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Just did a quick search on ebay and they are $300aud shipped to Australia.

I just paid $326.86 shipped from the states. Should be here any tick of the clock . . .

-JC-
09-08-2012, 06:32 PM
i got mine for 1075 i think

Call me crazy, I just don't get it with the Gruppe M. For $1075, I can has: Injen CAI $326.86 delivered, RBC Manifold Kit $368 delivered with close to $400 bucks change to spend on other stuff, and I don't need to take a knife to parts of my car that any mofo will ever see. Either I'm getting old or you young blokes have too much money! I need to sell some of the kids I think.

doosra
09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I just paid $326.86 shipped from the states. Should be here any tick of the clock . . .

Let us know how you go with it and whether you notice any good gains. I was planning to leave my car stock but just don't think I can control myself

-JC-
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Let us know how you go with it and whether you notice any good gains. I was planning to leave my car stock but just don't think I can control myself

Yeah, my car was going to stay stock too . . . it's not gonna happen bro, embrace it!

JDM EP3
09-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Call me crazy, I just don't get it with the Gruppe M. For $1075, I can has: Injen CAI $326.86 delivered, RBC Manifold Kit $368 delivered with close to $400 bucks change to spend on other stuff, and I don't need to take a knife to parts of my car that any mofo will ever see. Either I'm getting old or you young blokes have too much money! I need to sell some of the kids I think.

The gruppem is crazy awesome well worth it IMO

-JC-
09-08-2012, 08:00 PM
The gruppem is crazy awesome well worth it IMO

I guess it depends on your definition of 'well worth it'.

If I get a better power gain from an Injen + RBC + $400 on god knows what, is it still worth it? Worth is like beauty I guess, its in the eye of the beholder.

I think I'm just old school, function over form and all that. No doubt at all, the Gruppe M looks fantastic, and there is no way in the world anyone who has forked out $1000 + for an intake is going to say bad things about it, why would you after forking out your hard earned? I figure if the Injen provides 33% of the power increase of a Gruppe M, then I'm on par . . . any more is a bonus . . . a very very cheap bonus.

Stay tuned, we will see shortly I'm sure.

bennjamin
09-08-2012, 08:21 PM
guiz

its pretty much proven that any intake is basically the same 2-3kw top end gain bottom end loss and a bunch of noise. I got the gruppe m with my ep3 - sounded very nice from the outside but i wouldnt pay that much for it !

Symphorced
09-08-2012, 08:27 PM
guiz

its pretty much proven that any intake is basically the same 2-3kw top end gain bottom end loss and a bunch of noise. I got the gruppe m with my ep3 - sounded very nice from the outside but i wouldnt pay that much for it !

+1

Exactly my thoughts on it. If it were my cash I was paying with, I'd buy an Injen CAI.

-JC-
09-08-2012, 08:30 PM
guiz

Just as proven as the EP3 chassis being different to the EP3 Si chassis and looking at Acura RSX injen CAI for EP3 irrespective of the fact that there is no chance at all of it fitting?

Struggling man, Struggling.

JDM EP3
09-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I guess it depends on your definition of 'well worth it'.

If I get a better power gain from an Injen + RBC + $400 on god knows what, is it still worth it? Worth is like beauty I guess, its in the eye of the beholder.

I think I'm just old school, function over form and all that. No doubt at all, the Gruppe M looks fantastic, and there is no way in the world anyone who has forked out $1000 + for an intake is going to say bad things about it, why would you after forking out your hard earned? I figure if the Injen provides 33% of the power increase of a Gruppe M, then I'm on par . . . any more is a bonus . . . a very very cheap bonus.

Stay tuned, we will see shortly I'm sure.

Yeah all that you say can be taken into consideration, although givem that a gruppem gets more proven power its makes more sense to get the most gains out of the engine. If i was to also add a rbc to that and have the gruppem it will probably get more power compared to a injen and rbc. Yes your option is bang for buck in that sense but this is na where you want every last hp you can squeeze out of the engine.

bennjamin
09-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Just as proven as the EP3 chassis being different to the EP3 Si chassis and looking at Acura RSX injen CAI for EP3 irrespective of the fact that there is no chance at all of it fitting?

Struggling man, Struggling.

I would look at a RSX intake - its almost the same chassis and engine dimensions

Civic Si is a different chassis - does anyone know if the engine bay is similar / same ? You stated "civic Si" which is two different chassis with k series motors spanning some 10 years in the US - how was anyone to know (at the time) what you meant and that you would bring it up later on stating "No...i meant EP3 so i doubt your overall knowledge of anything". Relax.

doosra
09-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Is this the right one fella's? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=280937969211

-JC-
09-08-2012, 09:08 PM
'proven power?' dude, all you need to do now is prove it! I've got $150 that says a stock ep3 with moneybags intake won't go faster than el cheapo injen intake? Any takers?

-JC-
09-08-2012, 09:24 PM
On second thought, this is probably a mis-understanding more than anything else.

I probably should have just relaxed.

Carry on.

UNA91
09-08-2012, 10:58 PM
man being a p plater sucks lol. 4 points ftl

Lukezen27
10-08-2012, 08:31 AM
'proven power?' dude, all you need to do now is prove it! I've got $150 that says a stock ep3 with moneybags intake won't go faster than el cheapo injen intake? Any takers?

Correct

free air is free air no matter how you free it up

Azz86
10-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Isn't the Gruppe M the only intake that doesn't screw up your Vtec change-over point? Not sure where I read that??

butterfingers
10-08-2012, 10:10 AM
why would an intake screw up your change over point. if anything, CAI and Short rams emphasis the crossover alot

mocchi
10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Isn't the Gruppe M the only intake that doesn't screw up your Vtec change-over point? Not sure where I read that??

lmaooo
this reminds me of a thread that got deleted

Azz86
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Just something I read. Not saying it has any credibility.

curtis265
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Just something I read. Not saying it has any credibility.

If it doesn't comply with your own logic and understanding, why speak about it? Not trying to bash you specifically or anything but I cant stand people who spread 'what they heard' when it doesn't make sense to them, for the sake of carrying conversation or sounding smart.

I have a mate like that and when I tell him he's wrong about something he gets pissy with me, all because he chooses to listen to another guy who's 'doing well' for himself, so he must therefore know everything about the world and how it works.

kenny07
10-08-2012, 01:28 PM

LOL

how old are you?

Azz86
10-08-2012, 05:38 PM
If it doesn't comply with your own logic and understanding, why speak about it? Not trying to bash you specifically or anything but I cant stand people who spread 'what they heard' when it doesn't make sense to them, for the sake of carrying conversation or sounding smart.

I have a mate like that and when I tell him he's wrong about something he gets pissy with me, all because he chooses to listen to another guy who's 'doing well' for himself, so he must therefore know everything about the world and how it works.

Insightful. Thanks bro.

TonyxTony
11-08-2012, 01:22 AM
what stocks do you guys have in your car? my mechanic said i need a replacement.

Thanks

-JC-
11-08-2012, 06:10 AM
LOL

how old are you?

33 mate.

-JC-
11-08-2012, 06:13 AM
what stocks do you guys have in your car? my mechanic said i need a replacement.

Thanks

If your only looking at replacing shocks, I would go with an upgrade from stock. You'll probably get a heap of recommendations for Japanese stuff, but I would be looking at Koni Yellows or similar, absolutely fantastic shock for the price, adjustable and able to be used with a stock spring.

Bear in mind if one is gone, then the others are likely to follow, do it once and do it right.

doosra
11-08-2012, 08:01 AM
I think it's time for coilovers

UNA91
11-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Lately i've noticed that when i'm driving on the highway or around 100km/h, the car feels a little unstable... I can feel the car sway a tiny bit and the steering feels sorta loose, I can hear fluctuating wind flutters around my windows like its really fighting against me and anything above 120 feels like I'm driving a piece of paper in the wind... well maybe not that extreme haha.

You guys reckon this is an alignment issue? I've also made sure all lug nights are tight, checked to see if there's play in the wheel bearings and sway bars.

bennjamin
11-08-2012, 11:35 AM
If your only looking at replacing shocks, I would go with an upgrade from stock. You'll probably get a heap of recommendations for Japanese stuff, but I would be looking at Koni Yellows or similar, absolutely fantastic shock for the price, adjustable and able to be used with a stock spring.

Bear in mind if one is gone, then the others are likely to follow, do it once and do it right.

Agree - the older you get you do tend to sway towards replacement shocks/springs with subtle drops rather than hardcore lowering springs or adjustable "coilover" setups.
I had the mugen suspension replacement shocks/springs and found the drop and ride great. Recommend it to anyone with a EP3.